Thread: Jury awards Gibson's Bakery & owners maximum punitive damages, total judgment 33M

Default Jury awards Gibson's Bakery & owners maximum punitive damages, total judgment 33M

Oberlin College Hit With Punitive Damages Of $22 Million In Gibson’s Bakery Case, On Top Of $11 Million In Compensatory Damages

BREAKING: Jury awards Gibson's Bakery & owners maximum punitive damages, bringing total judgment against Oberlin College to $33 million. This historic case proves colleges can be held accountable for defamation of private individuals & businesses.https://t.co/0dJIIj0dlF
    — Ellen Carmichael (@ellencarmichael) June 13, 2019
    This after the bakery was targeted by protesters with the help of Oberlin after the bakery caught Oberlin students shoplifting and were falsely accused of being racist.
    Via Legal Insurrection:
    Daniel McGraw, our reporter in the courtroom, reports that in addition to the $11.2 million compensatory damages awarded last Friday, the jury awarded a total of $33 million in punitive damages, which will probably be reduced by the court to $22 million because of the state law cap at twice compensatory (it’s not an absolute cap, but probably will apply here). That brings the total damages to $33 million. We will have the breakdown soon. The jury also awarded attorney’s fees, to be determined by the judge.
    The breakdown was:
    David Gibson – $17.5 million punitive damages
    Allyn W. Gibson — $8.75 million punitive damages
    Gibson Bros. Inc. (the Bakery) – $6,973,500 punitive damages
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

To woke, get broke.

That's expensive virtue signaling.

We don't live in the People's Republic of Oberlin, but Oberlin College is literally 6 miles from our house, and Gibson's is an occasional stop for us. There was a lot of celebration when the verdicts came down. OC is not very well liked around here.
    Careful...the older I get, the less "life sentence" is a deterrent.

My friend Prof. Bill Jacobson's been following this story very carefully. He's going to be on Tucker Carlson tonight discussing this issue.

Can you believe Oberlin's claiming poverty to the court?
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Default Made me happy

I needed to read this today. Thank God for juries. They help safeguard our liberties. Many of these institutions are nothing more than
    communist training centers and are detrimental to this republic. I'm glad they got spanked and sent to their room without dinner....
    "...Slavery is but the owning of labor and carries with it the care of the laborers, while the European plan...is that capitol shall control labor by controlling wages. This can be done by controlling the money." (Thru central banks via fiat money)

Gibson College - formerly Oberlin College today announced an initiative to...."

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    My friend Prof. Bill Jacobson's been following this story very carefully. He's going to be on Tucker Carlson tonight discussing this issue.

Can you believe Oberlin's claiming poverty to the court?
    Somewhere I read that Oberlin's net worth was over a Billion, I think they can afford it.........

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Glad to see this. It made my day!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20