Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Heavenly Warnings About Consumption of Certain Seafood

The Bible definition of sin is transgression of God's law.

Jesus Christ kept God's law perfectly and never told anyone to do otherwise. Those who seek to be Christ-like will also.

As Paul told Timothy who from his early childhood was raised with God's Holy Scripture [God's law]... God's Scripture is God's means of correction and instruction in righteousness without which no one will enter God's kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cub View Post

As a result, there is no longer any prohibitions on eating any type of food. Further evidence of that is found in ACTS:

Act 10:9 About noon the next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray.
    Act 10:10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat; and while it was being prepared, he fell into a trance.
    Act 10:11 He saw the heaven opened and something like a large sheet coming down, being lowered to the ground by its four corners.
    Act 10:12 In it were all kinds of four-footed creatures and reptiles and birds of the air.
    Act 10:13 Then he heard a voice saying, 'Get up, Peter; kill and eat.'
    Act 10:14 But Peter said, 'By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is profane or unclean.'
    Act 10:15 The voice said to him again, a second time, 'What God has made clean, you must not call profane.'
    Act 10:16 This happened three times, and the thing was suddenly taken up to heaven.
    You are so far off base it's hard to calculate. Let's clarify what the visionS were about:

TWO Visions Cornelius and Peter’s (Kepha’s) Vision...
    Act 10:1-35 Now there was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a captain of what was called the Italian Regiment (A GENTILE), dedicated, and fearing Elohim with all his household, doing many kind deeds to the people, and praying to Elohim always. HE CLEARLY SAW IN A VISION, about the ninth hour of the day, a messenger of Elohim coming to him, and saying to him, “Cornelius!” And looking intently at him, and becoming afraid, he said, “What is it, master?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your kind deeds have come up for a remembrance before Elohim. “And now SEND MEN TO Yapho, and send for Shimʽon who is also called KEPHA. “He is staying with Shimʽon, a leather-tanner, whose house is by the sea.” And when the messenger who spoke to him went away, Cornelius (THE GENTILE) called two of his household servants, and a dedicated soldier from among those who waited on him continually. And having explained to them all, he sent them to Yapho.

>>So we see the forerunner of Kepha’s vision being laid out; the gentile being sent to Kepha by a vision also…

And on the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Kĕpha went up on the house-top to pray, about the sixth hour. And HE BECAME HUNGRY AND WISHED TO EAT. But while they were preparing, he fell into a trance, and he saw the heaven opened and a certain vessel like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth, in which were all kinds of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of the heaven. And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.” But Kĕpha said, “Not at all, Master! Because I have NEVER EATEN whatever is common or unclean.”

>>One must ask themselves, HOW LONG has this been since Messiah had ascended? Quite some time; absolutely no change that Kepha was aware of in regards to dietary instructions! Messiah certainly NEVER taught to eat dogs or cats! So, he had never defiled himself by eating a dog or a cat! And he sure didn’t go slay and eat anything! He KNEW the vision had to mean something, but eating a rat sure wasn’t it!

And a voice came to him again the second time, “What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.” And this took place three times, and the vessel was taken back to the heaven. And while Kĕpha was DOUBTING WITHIN HIMSELF WHAT THE VISION MIGHT MEAN, look, the men who had been sent from Cornelius, having asked for the house of Shimʽon, stood at the gate, and calling out, they enquired whether Shimʽon, also known as Kĕpha, was staying there.

>>Again, Peter knew it wasn’t about eating dogs and cats, so he was considering the true meaning of the vision…it was then the Spirit moved and directed…
    And as Kĕpha was thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “See, three men seek you. “But rise up, go down and go with them, not doubting at all, for I have sent them.”

>>SO! As the vision was being considered concerning the true meaning, THE SPIRIT leads him to the next part of this mysterious vision!
    So Kĕpha went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Look, I am the one you seek. Why have you come?” And they said, “Cornelius the captain, a righteous man and one who fears Elohim and well spoken of by the entire nation of the Yehuḏim, was instructed by a set-apart messenger to send for you to his house, and to hear words from you.” So inviting them in, he housed them. And on the next day Kĕpha went away with them, and some brothers from Yapho went with him. And the following day they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his relatives and close friends. And it came to be, that when Kĕpha entered, Cornelius met him and FELL DOWN AT HIS FEET AND BOWED before him. BUT Kĕpha raised him up, saying, “STAND UP, I AM ALSO A MAN.”

>>BINGO! THAT is the very instant it hit him! This gentile was his equal in the eyes of YHUH! The vision then had meaning and direct purpose!

And talking with him, he went in and found many who had come together. And he said to them, “You know that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race. But ELOHIM HAS SHOWED ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANY MAN COMMON OR UNCLEAN. “THAT IS WHY I came without hesitation when I was sent for.

>>There it is! No mention of eating a slab of dog ribs, the Spirit revealed this in no uncertain terms, Kepha had been corrected in the matter! He said THAT is why he came! Additionally, there is no portion of Torah that I have ever found that "that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race". Kepha had succumbed to tradition.

So I ask, why have you sent for me?” And Cornelius said, “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour. And at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and see, a man stood before me in shining garments, and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your kind deeds were remembered before Elohim. ‘Now send to Yapho and call Shimʽon here, who is also called Kĕpha. He is staying in the house of Shimʽon, a leather-tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he shall speak to you.’ “So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. And now, we are all present before Elohim, TO HEAR ALL that you have been commanded by Elohim.” And opening his mouth, Kĕpha said, “TRULY I SEE THAT ELOHIM SHOWS NO PARTIALITY, BUT IN EVERY NATION, HE WHO FEARS HIM AND WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ACCEPTED BY HIM.

>>So, they heard ALL that he had been commanded by YHUH! No, “oh by the way, forget all about Leviticus 11”. Let’s continue with more testimony so we can put this to bed…

Act 11:1-18 And the emissaries and brothers who were in YEHUDAH HEARD THAT THE GENTILES ALSO RECEIVED THE WORD OF ELOHIM. And when Kĕpha went up to Yerushalayim, those of the circumcision were contending with him, saying, “YOU WENT INTO UNCIRCUMCISED MEN AND ATE WITH THEM!” But Kĕpha BEGAN AND SET IT FORTH in order, saying: “I was in the city of Yapho praying. And in a trance I saw a vision, a certain vessel descending like a great sheet, let down from the heaven by four corners, and it came to me. “Having looked into it, I perceived and I saw four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of heaven. “And I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.’

>>So we see Kepha getting hammered over eating with gentiles! Not surprising, since this was what the vision was ALL ABOUT! Just imagine how hammered he would have been if he said Lev. 11 is abolished! Utter nonsense! He explains the vision to them…

“But I said, ‘Not at all, Master! Because whatever is common or unclean has never entered into my mouth.’ “And the voice answered me again from the heaven, ‘What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.’ “And this took place three times, and all were drawn up again into the heaven. “And see, immediately three men stood before the house where I was, having been sent to me from Caesarea. “And the Spirit said to me to go with them, not doubting at all. And these six brothers also went with me, and we went into the man’s house. “And he told us how he had seen a messenger standing in his house, who said to him, ‘Send men to Yapho, and call for Shimʽon who is also called Kĕpha, who shall speak to you words, by which you shall be saved, you and all your house.’ “And as I began to speak, the Set-apart Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. “And I remembered the word of the Master, how He said, ‘Yohanan indeed immersed in water, but you shall be immersed in the Set-apart Spirit.’ “So if Elohim gave them the SAME GIFT as He gave us when we believed on the Master יהושע Messiah, how was I able to withstand Elohim?” And having heard this, they were silent, and praised Elohim, saying, “THEN ELOHIM HAS INDEED GIVEN TO THE GENTILES ALSO REPENTANCE TO LIFE”

>>There you have it. The clarity and the meaning is beyond reproach; no hidden agenda, no abolishing Lev. 11. Not a peep about eating and unclean beast anywhere in the text. To read this otherwise IS to have an agenda, or a complete breakdown of comprehension in reading clear context.

1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

When one reads Peter's vision in context. The point of the vision has nothing whatsoever to do with God's Biblical food laws... but it does reveal Peter was still keeping God's food laws years after Jesus' crucifixion and ascension.

So let me see if I have this straight. The Mosaic laws concerning food is still in effect, but men get a pass on this circumcision business.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

... but men get a pass on this circumcision business.

Not in my family.

but men get a pass on this circumcision business.
    Future: Eze 44:9 Thus said the Master יהוה, “No son of a foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, comes into My set-apart place, even any son of a foreigner who is among the children of Yisra’ěl.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

The first steps...circumcision of the heart comes FIRST:

Act 15:19 “Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the nations who are turning to Elohim,
    Act 15:20 but that we write to them to abstain from the defilements of idols,a and from whoring,b and from what is strangled,c and from blood.d Footnotes: a Exo_22:20, Lev_17:7, Deu_32:17, Deu_32:21, 1Co_10:14, 1Co_10:20-21. b Num_25:1-3, Lev_17:7. c Gen_9:4, Eze_33:25 (Strangled - One way of eating meat with blood) Pro_21:25. d Lev_17:10-14.
    Act 15:21 “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”

Each Sabbath they would learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    The first steps...circumcision of the heart comes FIRST:

Act 15:19 “Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the nations who are turning to Elohim,
    Act 15:20 but that we write to them to abstain from the defilements of idols,a and from whoring,b and from what is strangled,c and from blood.d Footnotes: a Exo_22:20, Lev_17:7, Deu_32:17, Deu_32:21, 1Co_10:14, 1Co_10:20-21. b Num_25:1-3, Lev_17:7. c Gen_9:4, Eze_33:25 (Strangled - One way of eating meat with blood) Pro_21:25. d Lev_17:10-14.
    Act 15:21 “For from ancient generations Mosheh has, in every city, those proclaiming him – being read in the congregations every Sabbath.”

Each Sabbath they would learn more.
    So if you didn't get the snip you're going to roast and burn and suffer and cry for all eternity?

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

So if you didn't get the snip you're going to roast and burn and suffer and cry for all eternity?
    I never worry about my salvation. I just desire to what He asks of me. As found throughout His Word, obedience is the key to your status in the Kingdom. For me, this present life is a dressing room for eternity. Read His Word, study the topic, pray and ask His leading.