Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: World War III Warning Thread - Weeks of 6/28/19 - 7/31/19

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    ·
    1h
    Guards of the Turkish Consulate are seen at the scene of the shooting.
    At least 3 people killed who are believed to be staff of the Consulate.

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    ·
    1h
    #BREAKING: Deputy consul of the Turkish Consulate is among the 3-4 people killed in the restaurant shooting in Erbil.

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    ·
    49m
    Turkish media confirms the death of three Turkish diplomats in the shooting today.

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    ·
    41m
    Kurdish security forces at the scene of the shooting at Huqqabaz restaurant in Erbil.

ELINT News Retweeted

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    Recently PKK threatened to target Turkish diplomats/interests in Erbil. These threats came particularly after Turkish airstrikes killed high-ranked PKK members in Qandil area in the #Kurdistan Region.
    8:51 AM · Jul 17, 2019

Baxtiyar Goran
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    ·
    20m
    Replying to
    @BaxtiyarGoran
    #UPDATE: 1 staff member of the Turkish Consulate killed and two others wounded in the restaurant shooting - Erbil Asaiysh (Security).
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Ryan Browne
    @rabrowne75
    The US Navy had previously told CNN that it had observed “an increasing trend of interactions between US Navy ships & Iranian unmanned aerial vehicles in 2019, with 28 interactions in the first four months of 2019."
    Quote Tweet

Ryan Browne
    @rabrowne75
    · 3h
    It was the US Marines aboard the USS Boxer that downed the suspected Iranian drone, a US official tells CNN. The Marines were operating the counter-drone jamming equipment that was used. There are about 2,000 Marines on the Boxer from the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (link: https://twitter.com/rabrowne75/statu...39528288022533) twitter.com/rabrowne75/sta…
    6:12 PM · Jul 18, 2019 ·

·
    1h
    Replying to
    @rabrowne75
    and
    @ELINTNews

US forces shoot down another Iranian drone in Syria
    militarytimes.com https://t.co/hhEK1Pg0p4
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    The Latest: Concern grows over UAE-based oil tanker

By The Associated Press
    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — July 16, 2019, 5:46 AM ET

The Latest on tensions in the Persian Gulf amid a crisis between the United States and Iran (all times local):

1:40 p.m.

Tracking data shows an oil tanker based in the United Arab Emirates traveling through the Strait of Hormuz drifted off into Iranian waters and stopped transmitting its location over two days ago, raising concerns about its status amid heightened tensions between Iran and the U.S.

It's not immediately clear what happened to the Panamanian-flagged oil tanker Riah late on Saturday night.

However, Capt. Ranjith Raja of the data firm Refinitiv told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the tanker hadn't switched off its tracking in three months of trips around the UAE.

Raja said: "That is a red flag."

Iranian officials haven't said anything publicly about the ship, nor have officials in the UAE. The U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet, which oversees Mideast waters, declined to immediately comment.

———

12:35 p.m.

Iran has confirmed it arrested a female researcher with dual French-Iranian nationality.

The confirmation came during a press conference by Iranian judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili on Tuesday. Esmaili was asked by reporters about the fate of Fariba Adelkhah.

Esmaili said "the person is among suspects who were recently arrested" and that more details about the case would be announced later. That's according to the website of the judiciary.

France on Monday said it was seeking information about Adelkhah and demanded consular access to her "without delay."

Iranian opposition websites based abroad have said she disappeared in June in Tehran. Iran occasionally detains dual nationals on security charges.

Iran also holds Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, arrested in April 2016 on charges of plotting against the Iranian government. Her family denies the allegations.

Iran doesn't recognize dual nationality.

———

11:20 a.m.

Iran's foreign minister has for the first time suggested his country's ballistic missile program could be on the table for negotiations with the U.S. — if America stops selling arms to its Gulf allies in the Mideast.

Mohammad Javad Zarif's comments came in an NBC News interview that aired Monday night.

Iran long has maintained its ballistic missile program, under the control of its Revolutionary Guard, is for defensive purposes only. The 2015 nuclear deal that Tehran struck with world powers did not include its missile program.

Zarif says American weaponry "is going into our region, making our region ready to explode. So if they want to talk about our missiles, they need first to stop selling all these weapons."

Iran long has criticized U.S. arms sales in the region.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...rticleroll_hed
    There is something wrong with this story..

With all the spying equipment amassed in the region, a ship can not "disappear".

Can bet the US has surveillance of all Iranian ports, so why no videos or pictures?

Where's the people that claim "We know where all the ships and subs are" at?

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Arab News
    @arabnews
    #BREAKING: Iran deputy foreign minister: Tehran has not lost any drone in the Strait of Hormuz nor anywhere else (link: http://bit.ly/2JIt9y1) bit.ly/2JIt9y1
    />
    1:27 AM · Jul 19, 2019 ·ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    3h
    So, it is highly unlikely the US military shot down their own drone. It’s 2019 and this is the US military we’re talking about, not the SAA or the like.

Also I doubt a ‘Yemeni drone’ is all the way over the Strait of Hormuz, monitoring a US naval group.
    Quote Tweet

Elijah J. Magnier
    @ejmalrai
    · 3h
    It seems the US may have shot down an American or Yemeni drone

Trump Says U.S. Downs Iranian Drone, Refueling Tensions as Both Nations Dig In
    (link: https://nyti.ms/2XP9a9x) nyti.ms/2XP9a9x

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    The drone came within 1,000 yards of the USS Boxer. It’s a pretty laughable claim that they misidentified a US military drone lol. They have radar & are fully connected with CENTCOM + all other branches of US military. They will have known where all US assets were at the time.
    1:28 AM · Jul 19, 2019

Trump Picks New Secretary of Defense

Patrick Shanahan has recently announced his withdrawal from the nomination process for Secretary of Defense. President Trump had chosen him to lead the Pentagon but given certain developments in Shanahan’s past, it was decided that he would withdraw from the process. President Trump has been reluctant to find a new person to fill the position.

In the short term, the president had chosen to place Mark Esper as acting Secretary of Defense.

Mark Esper is currently the Army Secretary. He is a former aerospace executive that has supporters within the military. His key supporters are also supporters of the president. Esper was one that was originally up for the position before Shanahan was picked.

He has supported the president even in controversial decisions and dangerous trips.

Mark Esper is a person that does not have to worry about playing party lines in politics. Some people have argued that deploying troops to the border will not allow them to be ready should there be a need to go into combat.

Esper stated in response “I don’t see any need to assume there will be a degradation in readiness. And in many ways, they can build readiness, depending on the type of work they’re doing.”

There is no doubt that Esper supports Trump. He is one that helped out with 2016 when he could. His military career lets him standout out from his contemporaries. Shanahan had no such career who worked at Boeing for many years.

Mark Esper has an excellent military career. He served in the 101st Airborne Division during the Persian Gulf War. Later he would join the Army Reserve. He worked as a national security aid to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and served in the Pentagon when George W. Bush was president.

Lindsey Graham, who serves on the Armed Services Committee, said “I’ve known him for a long time. [He’ll] be confirmable and I think a good leader. There are a lot of good choices for the president but I’d put him high on the list.”

Senator Jim Inhofe from Oklahoma said “I think a lot of Mark Esper. I’ve been with him in the field and I’ve watched his style of working with the troops. He does really a very good job.” Even the Democratic chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Adam Smith, gave Esper a solid endorsement.

Adam Smith said that he “has a track record of public service both as a soldier and in government. If confirmed, I am confident that Secretary Esper is capable of executing the national defense strategy in a way that is insulated from outside influence and political considerations. I have known Esper for years, both as a staff member on the Hill and in private industry, and believe the Department would benefit from his leadership.”

Esper is also a person that is not afraid to live what he believes to be right. Esper disagrees with the Trump administration on the issue of transgender troops. He believes that they should be allowed to serve.

President Trump and Patrick Shanahan have banned them from being in the military. Esper stated on the matter “We know who they are, and it is monitored very closely because we’re concerned about that and want to make sure that they are in fact treated with dignity and respect and have precisely zero reports of issues of cohesion, discipline, morale and all sorts of things.”

Esper seems to be gaining support from both sides. Some Democrats have questioned his ability to stay neutral in a conflict of interest matters. But Inhofe has said of the issue “I think it will [be an issue] with Democrats because Democrats are going to oppose him anyway. But it hasn’t been a problem so far.”

Esper knows that there are many challenges that the military faces today. He is committed to meeting those challenges head-on and propelling the military into the future.

President Trump should have no problem getting Mark Esper confirmed as the Secretary of Defense.

The only reason Democrats would oppose him is that it was a Republican president that nominated him to the position.

https://americanretirementinsider.co...ry-of-defense/

Default Bagdad bob resurfacing again ?

Asharq Al-Awsat English

Verified account

@aawsat_eng
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    #Breaking| #Hezbollah and #Iran Revolutionary Guards members were killed in an airstrike by an unknown aircraft on a Popular Mobilization Forces camp in #Iraq
    Firas Maksad

@FirasMaksad
    2h2 hours ago
    More Firas Maksad Retweeted اBREAKING: Drones attack base of pro Iran militias in Iraq believed to house ballistic missiles deployed recently by Iran. Hezbollah & IRGC believed to be among the dead. (Al Arabiya)

BREAKING:IRAN SEIZES BRITISH TANKER

AFP news agency
    @AFP
    ·
    1h
    #BREAKING Trump on Iranian drone: 'No doubt about it... we shot it down'

AFP news agency
    @AFP
    #BREAKING Trump, France's Macron speak on Iran: White House
    2:28 PM · Jul 19, 2019 · Twitter Web App
    Retweets
    Joseph Mercado
    @Prsoy787
    ·
    1m
    Replying to
    @AFP
    Time to eliminate their navy

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    The US and British forces and the Arab coalition have moved to the maximum Alarm state in the Arabian Gulf.

2:40 PM · Jul 19, 2019 ·
    ·
    6s
    Replying to
    @EndGameWW3
    What do you think ? Will they pressure Iran or move forward and attack it?

Exclamation oh boy this would be a3rd tanker seized

The Illusion
    @Arkhorse
    #Iran #US #UK Another possible highjack. Watch this one.
    3:36 PM · Jul 19, 2019 ·

The Illusion
    @Arkhorse
    ·
    7m
    Replying to
    @Arkhorse
    Past track

Lea
    @LeaBridge16
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @Arkhorse
    Getting to be a really eventful day, it's difficult to keep up

craigs
    @craigmckenzie13
    ·
    31s
    Replying to
    @Arkhorse
    Why Hong Kong? China is a possible allie