Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is the No. 1 most obese state in America

Here is that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    Excellent.
    I got up to 337 and worked down to 250. I literally lost 12" off my waist, 8" off my chest and 5" off my neck of all places. Managed to keep it off too = been about 12 yrs now.
    Nice!!!!
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

further back in the holler than i was last week

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwump View Post
    Except in rich countries, it's the opposite. Certainly in the US, obesity is becoming almost a class marker, rather as smoking has become over the last 30-40 years.

People in rich societies are obese not because they are personally really well off, but because those societies are able to produce very cheap high-calorie food, even if the overall nutritional content of that food is questionable. When a burger and a bag of fries from a fast-food place costs less than what you could make yourself, and saves all the shopping time and prep time to boot, and when the fast food has been deliberately engineered to be "tasty," then it's not a surprise what the natural outcome will be. And people who are less prosperous are going to be a lot more vulnerable to that. As I say, obesity is becoming a class marker. For middle- and upper-middle class people, especially those in cities, it's become more of a thing to be careful with the quality of the food they buy (e.g., organic produce, meat from free-range GMO-free animals, etc.), and also the ability to discern "better" foods and to prepare your own food has become not just a point of pride, but something that's more expected and appreciated among one's social peers.
    you have to have money to buy any food good or crappy. they dont give it away. when your government is rich enough to feed over 47 million people through snap. ive been to africa 4 times, asia once. they dont have any money to buy anything. as arnold the weight lifter says what you dont use turns to fat.
    ===============================
    you can't explain crazy 'cause crazy's crazy!!
    just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you!
    Veritas vos liberabit

A few people I know are now eating once a day. The idea is eat once a day, eat all you want, cut out white foods. It seema to be working for them. I noticed when I had a medical procedure and had to fast for three days I wasn’t really hungry after the fast. My friends say after fasting until evening your stomach has shrunk some and you really don’t overeat at dinnertime. I am on my second day and noticed I don’t feel bloated anymore. I’ll give it a try and see what happens. I am currently 265lbs but at 6’5” I really don’t look real fat. I’m 72yrs old so we will see how it works on an old guy

further back in the holler than i was last week

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    A few people I know are now eating once a day. The idea is eat once a day, eat all you want, cut out white foods. It seema to be working for them. I noticed when I had a medical procedure and had to fast for three days I wasn’t really hungry after the fast. My friends say after fasting until evening your stomach has shrunk some and you really don’t overeat at dinnertime. I am on my second day and noticed I don’t feel bloated anymore. I’ll give it a try and see what happens. I am currently 265lbs but at 6’5” I really don’t look real fat. I’m 72yrs old so we will see how it works on an old guy
    for me. i eat at 2-3 in the afternoon. it seems to keep the full feeling for the rest of the day. youre 72! do what you want. youve almost made it to the average 74! way to go!
    ===============================
    you can't explain crazy 'cause crazy's crazy!!
    just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you!
    Veritas vos liberabit

I have been eating once a day for a week now and am down to 259lb. I haven’t been really hungry yet. My daughter has been on this method of eating for a while and has lost 45lbs. She tells me having 20 hours of fasting every day makes you produce less inslun so you burn more body fat. I don’t know but I do lose a pound every day.