Ahh, Bethel, what aileth you now? Has your pacifier been ripped from your mouth? Try chewing on a little meat. True, I shook my shoes off against you and bid you farewell. But I did not intend it for the ones who may chance upon this board who have not yet been indoctrinated with your fables, so here goes:
The many threads in the chapel here which are addressed to ’Bethel’ are yet extant, and show from the texts without prejudice the myths which are your pacifier. Namely, ‘7 last years’ which were refuted in this very thread, proving by the Gospels that they have been fulfilled. Other myths such as rUpture, the ’beasts’, the ’bottomless pit’, the idol worship of ’bethel’, the ’antichrist’, which is all mankind, and last but not least the fantasy of a ’rebuilt stone temple’ and red cow. Such tripe is merely dung in which the swine roll. They have been destroyed forever, as God has said. They are not coming back.

Never the less, bethel, once again address your folly, not for your benefit, o house of god, but for the benefit of God’s House who may tune in.

Obviously, unrecognized by bethel is the existence and easy access of the original texts, where anyone can see the original words. It is called among other things an Interlinear Bible, and is easily found online.
The numbers affixed to the words of the interlinear are numbered, and correspond to numbers in concordances which offer the definition.

While this is not anything new, it does seem to be to you, bethel, as you provide your ‘quotes’ showing words that you base your opinions on which do not actually exist.

Allow me to demonstrate:
Dan 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (KJV)

There are only 21 Hebrew words in that verse, yet there are 52 English words…

Cant be lazy. Gotta watch those English words the translators used. If you don’t look at what the texts actually say, you are depending on the words of bethel. There is no he in the texts.
In the texts, the words in the kjv “and he shall confirm” are but ONE Hebrew word.. #1396 gabar (gaw-bar'); a primitive root; to be strong; by implication, to prevail, act insolently:
As used in the KJV-- exceed, confirm, be great, be mighty, prevail, put to more [strength], strengthen, be stronger, be valiant.
So, since even the translators cant make up their mind ‘confirming’ is in the mind of Bethel. Please note also, there is no ‘he’ there. Man inferred the ‘he’, the ‘shall’, and the ‘confirm’

The word ‘covenant’ is 1285 beriyth (ber-eeth'); from 1262 (in the sense of cutting [like 1254]); a compact (because made by passing between pieces of flesh): -confederacy, [con-] feder [-ate], covenant, league.
Like when God made the covenant with Noah, and same word as when he passed between the pieces of Abraham’s sacrifice. Same word as when God made his covenant with Isaac, and then with Jacob. So, the ‘he’ is God, and the week was as shown with the gospel references in the post. It was the week beginning when Christ entered Jerusalem on the donkey, and ending in His resurrection.
Now, most Christians do concur, that His Crucifixion and Resurrection is the ONLY Covenant that we accept, right? If one can’t accept that, I really feel for them.

So, ‘and he shall confirm the covenant ‘ is, in the texts simply “strong covenant”
That’s God. He is in fact the implied ‘he’.

Now, as if you did not know, there is strong admonition about ascribing the works of the Spirit to an adversary. Like a mythical man “antichrist”

And here is the covenant,
Heb 10:4-8
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Actually, anyone who sees these words and don’t believe them, is in a world of hurt.

I suspect that PART of the problem is lack of understanding. When the King James Version of the Bible came off the press of Robert Barker in 1611, it contained an eleven-page preface titled “The Translators to the Reader.” The preface to the KJV actually warns against taking their English words as absolute.

For example, they explicitly said that they did not translate the same word in the original the same way in the English but did attempt to capture the sense of the original each time: “An other thing we thinke good to admonish thee of (gentle Reader) that wee have not tyed our selves to an uniformitie of phrasing, or to an identitie of words, as some peradventure would wish that we had done, because they observe, that some learned men some where, have beene as exact as they could that way. Truly, that we might not varie from the sense of that which we had translated before, if the word signified the same thing in both places (for there bee some wordes that bee not of the same sense every where) we were especially carefull, and made a conscience, according to our duetie.”

True to their form of deception, bethel removed the letter beginning with all versions printed after 1666. One of course can still read the 11 page letter online on several sites.

Now as to the ‘abomination of desolation’ in that verse.
Abomination =
8251 shiqquwts (shik-koots');
or shiqquts (shik-koots'); from 8262; disgusting, i.e. filthy; especially idolatrous or (concretely) an idol: KJV-- abominable filth (idol, -ation), detestable (thing).

And desolation: = 8074 shamem (shaw-mame');
a primitive root; to stun (or intransitively, grow numb), i.e. devastate or (figuratively) stupefy (both usually in a passive sense):
KJV-- make amazed, be astonied, (be an) astonish (-ment), (be, bring into, unto, lay, lie, make) desolate (-ion, places), be destitute, destroy (self), (lay, lie, make) waste, wonder.

And, as for the words in Matthew:
Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) (KJV)

Abomination: Thayers #946 bdelugma- a foul thing, a detestable thing;
used of idols and things pertaining to idolatry

Strongs #946 bdelugma (bdel'-oog-mah); from 948; a detestation, i.e. (specially) idolatry:

Desolation: Strong’s #2050 eremosis (er-ay'-mo-sis); from 2049; despoliation:
Thayer’s # 2050 eremosis- a making desolate, a desolation

Hmm, same old same old.. no boogerbear ‘antichrist’ to come in those words… Just standard Bethel idol worship. As a matter of fact, ‘antichrist’ has been around longer than Noah. So he aint coming, hes going, into oblivion.

As for the words of Paul telling you about the man of sin sitting in temple of God, in Thess. Have you not read that this same Paul also tells twice about the temple of God (1 Cor and 2 Cor)… He says it is US that is the temple of God. That obviously means the ‘man of sin’ is US also. True it is, for we listen to our ‘bottomless pit’ mind quite often.

And finally, bethel, Jacob shows plainly the difference between house of god(s) and God’s House.

Gen 28:19
19 And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first.
1008 Beyth-' El (bayth-ale'); from 1004 and 410; house of God; Beth-El, a PLACE in Palestine:

Gen 28:22
22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's HOUSE: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Stone: =68 'eben (eh'-ben); from the root of 1129 through the meaning to build; a stone:

House= 1004 bayith (bah'-yith); probably from 1129 abbreviated; a house (in the greatest variation of applications, especially family, etc.):

Bethel, the place, the piece of dirt, is where Jacob later buried all the false gods that were with him and his house. And of course, Bethel dug some back up, and still digs for them. But God’s House, the ‘stone’ was carried away with Israel even to this very day.

1 Cor 10:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (KJV)

It was the same ‘stone’ that the builders rejected, the same stone from which Moses delivered water to them.

And you know what? It does not make the slightest difference whether bethel concurs or not. Live with your myths as long as you wish, bethel. Just remember, as it is written, God’s House left you alone with your idles and myths, long ago.

Farewell once more, bethel.