First, realize this fact: Jesus taught HIS STUDENTS (disciples) ONLY in/by parables. He said that very thing, several times. And, in addition, many of His parables were not spoken, they were shown by His Works.. One has to 'see'.

Matt 13:10
And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. (KJV)
--
34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:(KJV)

Luke 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. (KJV)

Thus if we should at all wish to understand Him, we need to look at His parables closely. How? Well for one, we must first believe He is The Living Word. Hence If one aspires to being His disciple, the meaning must be somewhere in His Word, between Genesis and the Revealing (Revelation). Like many Teachers, He leaves clues in His parables.

Seek, and you shall find.

Yeah, like John said, many books could be written: And yes, there are many books extant with various claims of significance. They may not be a part of the 66 we have called “inspired”. But, dear reader, the 66 we commonly call Bible turns out to be quite enough. The answers you seek are in those 66, somewhere, though one must always strive to find them. But,..find that lost coin you will, and then you will rejoice. (see Lk 15: 8-9).

There. I just solved a parable for you. The ’woman’ is the (wanna be) Bride of Christ. The 10 coins represent the truth she has of the Word. The lost coin represents some false teaching of ’religion’ that she has inadvertently accepted, which she recognized as not fitting in with what she knew. Sweeping the house is cleaning out the false hoods by searching the Word. Lighting a candle represents looking in the Word of God, Finding the lost coin represents discovering the truth as written. Rejoicing and telling your friends represents showing them the found truth, as written. Finally, the number 10 is the clue. In the Bible 10 represents the Law.

There are, of course many other parables, which are actually identified as parables, BUT, there are many parables which are not so termed. Yet parables they are. The many acts of Jesus as told in the Gospels are actually parables acting out in Works done and described in the Gospels. You have to “see” them with Spiritual eyes.

Here is an example, but only one of many: (refer to Luke 8, verses 22-40)
I like to call it the ‘parable of the ages’…

Now, suffice it to say, there is a LOT here in these verses. I’m not going to dig it all out for you.

However, I will give you enough to make you want to dig the rest out for yourself, if for no other reason to prove me wrong.

OK. Refer (read) Luke 8, vv22-40.

The other side is the third earth age, (the eternity). The ship is the true church of Jesus (the Temple of God)
The disciples in the ship represents the gathering place of Christians in the present earth age. Jesus is always with us, but now He is ‘resting’ (Isaiah 18:4).
The ship is their place of gathering together, and represents the separation from the waters. The waters are, of course, non Christian peoples, nations, and tongues (Rev 17:15), which Christians “float over” continuously in this present age.
The storm comes obviously from the air (spirit), and endangers their lives (the World relishes in hassling Christians, watch the MSM), and it stirs up them all, the people,(waters) as well as the Christians in the boat who are fearful, but at least safe from the storm. (Think tribulation at the end of the age) Christians always get wet when evil things from other people brush them.. Some of the waters (people) see the boat bobbing safely and merrily along, and hasten to climb aboard. They see that the storm (of the last days) has finally arrived, and they are attracted to the safety of the Christians. Needless to say, their evil swamps the Christian’s ability to continue safely. So they cry out to Jesus..(pray). Of course the storms of this life are always calmed BY -calling on THE WORD of Jesus.

Well, the waters are calmed, and they get to the other side. (The first advent). They are met by an evil one, who lives in deaths houses (Bethel--
see Matt 23:37) thus this evil one represents the Scribes and Pharisees Jesus confronted during his first advent…

Oh, there is so much more here. I’m tired of typing so here’s a few clues.
The unclothed evil one was naked, until his demons were cast out into his congregation and he got his clean new garments (Rev 19:
(Think Nicodemus - Jn 3:1-5, and Jn 7:53)... The swine, when hearing the truth, and realizing they had been lied to for years, jumped into the waters (Godless mankind- I.e.- left their pasture, went to their own house), saying essentially- to hell with the ‘church’.

The herdsmen feeding the swine represent the false preachers of Bethel. The swine are their congregation. ‘Telling the owners’ is the false preachers trying to attract more followers to replace the ones whom they lost. The owners telling Jesus to go away is their rejection of Him because they lost their preaching income.

Notice especially that the one who lived in the death-houses wanted to go with them. (see Jn 19:39) But, he was refused, and told to go be a teacher of the true WORD. And then, and then, Jesus and the disciples left and returned (the second coming) see Lk 8:40 -- ) ----

yep, There’s lots more, but if you are truly interested you can dig the rest of the furrow for yourselves.. Go grab your shovel, and dig.