Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World War III Warning Thread - Weeks of 8/1/19 - 8/31/19

ELINT News Retweeted

Yusha Yuseef
    @MIG29_
    Breaking ,SAA Tiger forces Start Storming #KhanSheikhoun in South #idlib
    4:07 PM · Aug 18, 2019·
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    Regime advance cuts off Turkish convoy in northwest Syria
    19 Aug 2019

AFP / Omar HAJ KADOUR
    A convoy of Turkish military vehicles passes through the town of Saraqeb in Idlib province on August 19, 2019
    A Turkish military convoy crossed into jihadist-run northwest Syria on Monday, its path blocked by advancing regime troops as tensions soared between Damascus and Ankara.

Rebel-backer Turkey said its forces were targeted by an air strike, while the Syrian regime accused Turkish forces of backing "terrorists".

The convoy had entered Idlib province before heading towards a key town where Russian-backed regime forces are waging a fierce battle to retake the area from jihadists and rebels.

Turkey claimed an air strike hit its convoy, killing three civilians, though a war monitor said a Russian air raid took the lives of three rebels in the surrounding area.

Russian President Vladimir Putin told French President Emmanuel Macron Monday that Moscow supports the Syrian army's offensive against "terrorists" in the northern province of Idlib.

"We support the efforts of the Syrian army... to end these terrorist threats" in Idlib, Putin said after Macron urged respect for a ceasefire in Idlib.

After eight years of civil war, the jihadist-run region on the border with Turkey is the last major stronghold of opposition to President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

AFP / Sophie RAMIS
    Syria
    The region of some three million people was supposed to be protected by a Turkish-Russian buffer zone deal signed last year, but regime and Russian forces have upped their deadly bombardment there since late April.

After days of inching forward, Russian-backed regime ground forces on Sunday entered the key town of Khan Sheikhun in the south of the stronghold.

On Monday afternoon, a new loyalist advance saw pro-Damascus fighters take control part of the highway north of Khan Sheikhun, effectively blocking the Turkish military convoy from continuing south.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitor with a network of contacts in Syria, said this would stop the convoy ever reaching a Turkish monitoring post south of Khan Sheikhun.

Earlier in the afternoon, an AFP correspondent saw the convoy stop on the Aleppo-Damascus highway in the village of Maar Hattat, just north of Khan Sheikhun.

- Deadly air strike -

AFP / Omar HAJ KADOUR
    Around 50 armoured vehicles including personnel carriers and tanks were seen travelling southwards through Syria's Idlib province
    Analysts say regime forces want to retake the key road that connects Damascus with the northern city of Aleppo, both of which they control.

Earlier, an AFP correspondent saw a military convoy of around 50 armoured vehicles including personnel carriers and at least five tanks travelling southwards along the highway.

The Observatory reported Syrian and Russian air strikes aimed at hindering the convoy's advance.

Turkey's defence ministry "strongly" condemned the attack, saying regime operations were "in violation of the existing memorandums and agreements with the Russian Federation".

The Damascus regime meanwhile denounced the convoy's crossing from Turkey.

AFP / Abdulaziz KETAZ
    Damascus accused Ankara of sending the military convoy to help "terrorist groups"
    "Turkish vehicles loaded with munitions... are heading towards Khan Sheikhun to help the terrorists," a foreign ministry source said, using the regime's blanket term for rebels and jihadists.

This confirmed "the support provided by the Turkish regime to terrorist groups," state news agency SANA reported the source as saying.

On Monday morning, a Russian air strike hit the rebel vehicle leading the convoy just outside Maaret al-Noman, 15 kilometres (nine miles) north of Khan Sheikhun, killing a Turkish-backed fighter from the Faylaq al-Sham group, the Observatory said.

It also killed two other opposition fighters, it added.

After the convoy entered the town, Russian and Syrian warplanes targeted the area in an apparent "attempt to prevent the convoy from advancing", Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman said.

- 'Protect Khan Sheikhun'? -

AFP / Omar HAJ KADOUR
    Smoke billows during a reported air strike by Syrian pro-regime forces near the town of Hish in Idlib province on August 19, 2019
    On Sunday, pro-regime forces backed by Russian air strikes took control of Khan Sheikhun's northwestern outskirts.

Fighting continues to the east and west of the town, the Observatory says.

The seizure of Khan Sheikhun and territory further east would encircle a patch of countryside to its south, including the town of Morek where the Turkish observation post is situated.

The Turkish army earlier said the convoy was heading towards Morek.

Analyst Nawar Oliver said the latest developments in Khan Sheikhun were likely linked to a "disagreement" between both signatories.

He said Turkey had likely sent the convoy to avoid its troops being "threatened" or placed "at the mercy of the regime and Russia".

It may have also taken a "decision to protect Khan Sheikhun", he said.

Since late April, the regime and Russia have upped their bombardment of the Idlib region, killing more than 860 civilians.

More than 400,000 people have fled their homes, the United Nations says.

Jihadist group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, led by Syria's former Al-Qaeda affiliate, controls most of Idlib province as well as parts of the neighbouring provinces of Hama, Aleppo and Latakia.

Syria's war has killed more than 370,000 people and displaced millions since it started in 2011.

https://t.co/yGdoPWQZDl?amp=1
    this is going to get interesting
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Tazi
    @TaziMorocco
    BREAKING: large number of regime forces surrounded by Syrian Rebels North of #KhanShaykhoun
    5:16 PM · Aug 19, 2019

The Arab coalition has attacked Houthi military targets in Sanaa. WAM

The National
    August 20, 2019
    The Arab Coalition in Yemen on Monday launched an attack on military targets in the capital Sanaa, Saudi state TV reported.

Sanaa is under control of the Iran-backed Houthi rebels who are fighting the internationally recognised government of President Abdrabu Mansur Hadi.

Civilians have been urged to stay away from military areas in the city, state TV said.

More to follow

Updated: August 20, 2019 01:18 AM https://t.co/BE0fi5FOVF?amp=1

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    Arab sources: killed and wounded in the ranks of the Iraqi militia Hezbollah by air strikes in Salah al-Din
    Quote Tweet

العربية عاجل
    @AlArabiya_Brk
    · 12m
    مصادر العربية: قتلى وجرحى في صفوف ميليشيا حزب الله العراقي بقصف جوي في صلاح الدين #العربية_عاجل https://alarabiya.net
    12:09 PM · Aug 20, 2019·

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Patriot News
    @LiberPatriot
    HEZBOLLAH SAYS AN ISRAELI ‘SUICIDE DRONE’ EXPLODED ABOVE ITS PRESS HQ IN BEIRUT, LEBANON.
    3:17 AM · Aug 25, 2019·

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    13h
    #UPDATE
    Syrian state news agency reports the ongoing attack is targeting sites in Damascus. Regime air defense units continue to engage targets.

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    13h
    Some reports claim the Israeli Air Force is targeting a series of #Iran's IRGC & proxy militia sites near Damascus Int'l Airport.

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    13h
    #IMPORTANT
    @AmichaiStein1
    citing an IDF spokesman on latest strikes in Syria:
    Israel targeted a number of IRGC Quds Force targets south of Damascus, thwarting an attempt by #Iran to attack Israel with armed drones.

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    3h
    #UPDATE
    Unconfirmed reports indicate a large number of Syrian military, IRGC & Hezbollah members (at least 27) were killed in the latest Israeli air strike targeting the Mezze air base southwest of Damascus, Syria.
    #Iran

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    2h
    #UPDATE
    Reports show #Iran transferred military drones to Aqraba airport (near Damascus Int'l Airport), equipped to target Israeli military positions in the Golan Heights.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    Israeli Air Force fired 8 missiles targeting:
    -Helicopter military airport in Aqraba area, S of Damascus
    -Military site of Failaq al-Quds near the Mezzeh military airport
    -Military site of the Failaq al-Quds in the Qatana area
    -Military site in the Sabura area

Credit:
    @evacool_
    3:22 AM · Aug 25, 2019·
    Retweets
    Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @HeshmatAlavi

Massive explosions following an Israeli air strike targeting an #Iran IRGC Quds Force base near Damascus.
    0:45

Heshmat Alavi
    @HeshmatAlavi
    ·
    1h
    #UPDATE
    Israeli war planes are conducting many sorties over the city of Sidon in southern Lebanon.

Doge
    @IntelDoge
    #FLASH: #Israel|i squadrons placed on a heightened state of alert likely due to the situation in the north.
    Quote Tweet

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    · 12h
    #BREAKING: Reports all Israeli squadrons placed on high alert/readiness https://twitter.com/yoavzitun/status...410163712?s=21

Maya Gebeily
    @GebeilyM
    ·
    31m
    #IRAQ: At least two PMF fighters dead in new drone attack in the country's west, 15 km from #Syria border, says Hashed al-Shaabi - without pointing fingers
    EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Maya Gebeily
    @GebeilyM
    #IRAQ: "Two unidentified drones targeted a Brigade 45 position belonging to the Hashed al-Shaabi in the Anbar district, 15 kilometres (10 miles) from the Iraqi-Syrian border." - PMF statement
    1:01 PM · Aug 25, 2019·
    Retweets
    Maya Gebeily
    @GebeilyM
    ·
    26m
    Replying to
    @GebeilyM
    PMF statement says attack "killed two fighters from the unit, wounded another and burned two vehicles."

Brigade 45 is known to be Kataib Hezbollah unit, which two days ago issued "final warning" to the US over series of blasts in the last month - via
    @AFP

Default Also Israel has bombed Lebanon and Iraq in the last couple of days

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Woofers
    @NotWoofers
    Confirmed now that there was at least one airstrike in Bukamal. Iranian-backed militias then fired back with 23mm cannons. Nothing was shot down.
    6:49 PM · Aug 26, 2019·

·