Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Republican plan is to cut Social Security

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Apparently people on SS are useless to Republicans because Republicans are the ones who have joined together to oppose this bill to fix SS, therefore Republicans are purposefully letting SS die... along with the poor, old and disabled who rely on SS for survival.

There is also the SECURE Retirement Act which helps people save for retirement that overwhelmingly/bipartisanly passed the House. But it is purposefully being stalled in the GOP-led Senate where a handful of Republican senators now hold it hostage with the intent to kill it.

How about this, one of you Democrats admit SS is nothing but a Ponzi Scheme foisted on us by Dems?

Then we can get back to actually taking care of our OWN future retirement needs, and have the damn GOVERNMENT stealing an additional 12.6 percent of our money?

Do you have ANY idea what you would be worth at retirement if the Government didn't steal it over the years you work?

Lets just say you wouldn't need anything they offered.

But yea, it is the damn Republicans screwing you.

How about cutting foreign aid, cut the benefits of those here illegally, stop supporting the world and take care of your own. The citizens have lost the ability to control its own government and make it work for them. HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by doat View Post

How about cutting foreign aid, cut the benefits of those here illegally, stop supporting the world and take care of your own. The citizens have lost the ability to control its own government and make it work for them. HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE!

Absolutely !

Americans are fed up with both Democrats and Republicans focusing time, attention and money on FOREIGNERS [legal and illegal immigrants, foreign aid, foreign wars/foreign nation-building] over American citizens.

FOX news' Lou Dobbs has an interesting hour show with interviews and commentary. He is pro-Trump and against the never-ending swarms of illegal alien invaders. In one of his recent shows, Dobbs interviewed a mealy-mouth talking head who praised Trump for his role in helping third world immigrants. Lou Dobbs finally lost his cool... just for a moment... when he lashed out saying something to the effect... Why isn't Trump helping Americans?! Why is Trump now inviting in more and more "legal" immigrants to replace high-skilled American workers?! The mealy-mouth talking head was rather confounded at that backlash and the interview ended.

Social security has to go. There's no saving our nation if it doesn't.

I'd be perfectly fine with them keeping all the money I've "paid in" and just abolishing the system from here.

I wince every time I see people who claim to be conservatives clutching their quilt of social security and claiming, "but I DESERVE this!!"

There's no other entitlement program that conservatives would back. But when they get a government teat in their mouth they lose all sense and reason about the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post

Social security has to go. There's no saving our nation if it doesn't.

I'd be perfectly fine with them keeping all the money I've "paid in" and just abolishing the system from here.

Well, bully for you.

So, YOU would be happy with totally destroying one of the few decent and helpful institutions the federal government has created for the benefit of American citizens to protect them from living, starving and dying in poverty in old age and/or disability. YOU and all your fellow hard-hearted "root hog, or die" Republican fiscal "conservatives" should be careful what adversity you wish on other Americans, lest you experience it yourself.

What would it take to pry that teat out of your own mouth?

The maximum FICA is (I think) about $8k a year. Let's say you worked and paid in to FICA for 30 years. Would you accept a one time check of $240k to end the system? Or let's say $120k?

That's putting aside the whole lie that your money has been in the system all this time. You got conned and you lost your money, but now you want to kick that can down to the next generation of workers. That's immoral.

There's whole generations now that are paying in to support those of you on SS and they'll likely never see a dime. That's called slavery.

Greenspan famously said about social security, "We can guarantee payments in any amount you specify for however indefinitely you want them, but what we can't guarantee is the buying power of those payments."

Haughty men who seek to oppress the poor, old and disabled are condemning themselves.

Haughty men who seek to oppress the poor, old and disabled are condemning themselves.
    And you want to oppress non whites, whether they're poor, old, disabled, or wealthy, young and healthy.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

You haven't the slightest idea what I do for the poor, old, and disabled.

Not wanting the GOVERNMENT to do it via theft and ever-expanding bureaucracy and power is a whole other matter.

No one is going to cut Social Security. They are going to let it crash and burn.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System