Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beto is Toast

Default Beto is Toast

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke had this to say within hours of the mass murder in El Paso, Texas. Via Breitbart:
    "We’ve had a rise in hate crimes every single one of the last three years during an administration where you have a president who’s called Mexican rapists and criminals. Though Mexicans commit crimes at far lower rates than those born in this country, he has tried to make us afraid of them to some real effect and consequence.
    Attempting to ban all Muslims from this one the day he signed the executive order, the mosque in Victoria, TX was burned to the ground. Those chants that we heard in Greenville, NC — ‘Send her back,’ talking about our fellow American citizens, duly elected to represent their constituents in the Congress, who happen to be women of color.
    He is a racist, and he stokes racism in this country. And it does not just offend our sensibilities, it fundamentally changes the character of this country, and it leads to violence. And again, there are still details that we are waiting on, but I’m just following the lead that I’ve heard from the El Paso Police Department where they say there are strong indications that this shooter wrote that manifesto and this was inspired by his hatred of people here in this community."
    This differs not at all from Antifa rhetoric who, perhaps coincidentally, will swarm El Paso the first of September to confront Immigration and Customs Enforcement. What good fortune for Antifa otherwise hostile ground has been softened up by a tragic event no one could have seen coming.
    Although several victims insisted there was more than one shooter, law enforcement claims the sole shooter is a twenty-one year old white guy named Patrick Crusius who wrote a self-incriminating, unsigned "manifesto", excerpt here:
    My ideology has not changed for several years. My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. I putting this here because some people will blame the President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that.
    Karl Denninger has a few words about the El Paso shootup. An excerpt:
    Go look in Mexico; there is exactly one legal gun store in the entire country and it takes months to get paperwork processed to buy one. Possession of even one firearm or one round of ammunition is good for a five year prison sentence there.
    That does exactly zippo to prevent all those who want to murder from acquiring and using them in Juarez.
    Since it is proved that just a few miles south the most-restrictive gun laws imaginable do exactly nothing to prevent hundreds of murders every year in that city alone no, I will not consent to any further infringement of the 2nd Amendment.
    Aaaand it begins. Gateway Pundit discovered Crusius's MyLife profile has been changed from Standard Issue Democrat to a Republican conspiracy theorist and Trump campaign worker. Guess which version you'll see in the news media. Cloudfare has taken down 8chan. Trump has called for strengthened "red flag" laws . Are we to believe "red flag" laws are intended for, say, Chicago's west side?
    Dave Gomez, a former FBI supervisor, had this to say, at SF Gate:
    I think in many ways the FBI is hamstrung in trying to investigate the white supremacist movement like the old FBI would. There's some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base. It's a no-win situation for the FBI agent or supervisor.
    I don't think there's any faith by the FBI right now that the Justice Department is an independent law enforcement organization. I think the FBI is up to the challenge of investigating white nationalism and white supremacy as a domestic terrorism threat, they just have to be allowed to do it.
    So, white supremacists, the old KKK, are "what the president perceives as his base" according to this FBI guy.
    I check the Chicago Tribune a few times during the week. Here's a news item, from this Sunday: "7 shot in Lawndale’s Douglas Park". It's pretty much a short recitation of the facts with a bit of obligatory hand-wringing, done and done. No description of the victims from birth-to-this-morning, no dramatic manhunt, no helicopters overhead, no manifesto or high-falutin kozmik philosophizing.
    Lest anyone think this shootup is unusual, this is also from the Chicago Tribune, on Saturday: "2 dead, at least 10 shot in pre-dawn city violence". Chicago's closure rate says chances are nine out of ten it will go unsolved. In news from elsewhere, "Detroit police: 7 shot, 1 killed, 1 robbed at gunpoint", and "13 Shot, 6 Killed in Baltimore since Friday", and all the others. Make of this what you will, I drew my conclusion a long time ago.

Beto O'Rourke @BetoORourke

In detention centers and in prisons, in big cities and small towns, women across America don’t have access to the period products they need. On #NationalPeriodDay, men need to join women in demanding real change—which is why I’m supporting the Menstrual Equity Act.

7:39 AM - Oct 19, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

9,282 people are talking about

Last edited by Lenno; 10-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.