Thread: Miracle of the cornfield

Thumbs up Miracle of the cornfield

Miracle of the cornfield! Hero pilot safely belly-lands a flaming Russian jet carrying 233 people on farmland - Daily Mail

Pilot Damir Yusupov, 41, radioed the airport asking to make an emergency landing but was forced to ditch into a cornfield a mile away after realising he was not going to make it.

Yusupov brought the plane down with no power in either engine...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cornfield.html
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Glory to God for a miracle!

Somebody has to praise Him for it!
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post

Amen!
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post

Its not a miracle. Just a pilot who was well trained, skilled and knew his bird.
    A miracle would have been if the engines healed themselves after ingesting 50 seagulls, and the flight continued on to its destination.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    Its not a miracle. Just a pilot who was well trained, skilled and knew his bird.
    A miracle would have been if the engines healed themselves after ingesting 50 seagulls, and the flight continued on to its destination.
    I'm thinking the people on the plane were still thanking the creator for more time and the Pilot - that his plane held together.

Are you really the guy that walks around to each foxhole and reminds the troops not to be thankful because they could have just as easily have taken a bullet? I bet it is fun to watch you at funerals...

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    I'm thinking the people on the plane were still thanking the creator for more time and the Pilot - that his plane held together.

Are you really the guy that walks around to each foxhole and reminds the troops not to be thankful because they could have just as easily have taken a bullet? I bet it is fun to watch you at funerals...
    No, I'm a pilot, who has lived long, and prospered. I have personally known some other pilots who have done likewise, and some who have not.
    I believe it allows me some perspective.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

So, a flying fuel tank falls from the sky and lands without exploding in a cornfield, is not a miracle?
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 08-15-2019 at 10:24 PM. Reason: clarification

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

No, I'm a pilot, who has lived long, and prospered. I have personally known some other pilots who have done likewise, and some who have not.
    Who guided that plane, using that pilot, in this extreme situation?
    (I am not disregarding the pilots skills. I am sure he is an excellent pilot.)

I don't see cornstalks cushioning that much weight.
    (From the way it looks, I believe an angel of the Lord kept that plane from breaking apart and turning into a ball of flames.)
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 08-15-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: additions and clarification

My son is a part of a flight crew for the air force. I prayed for his safety earlier today and gave thanks that his mission went well a few hours ago as I do when he is flying missions. It was a mission that was supposed to happen on tuesday and was delayed due to emergency inspections. The inspection grounded the fleet of planes and the one he was supposed to fly on tuesday had a 24 inch crack where the wing meets the fuselage hidden inside the wing and under paint (the planes were built in the early 70s). Obviously they were flying a different plane today.

In Russia the gift of life was extended in a scary situation. It is very proper to give the pilot a hearty handshake and praise for his skills. Also to thank the creator of the universe for more time.You have no idea what God did or did not do to get the Russian plane down safely nor protect my sons plane this week. God may have used the pilot or may have protected the plane in spite of the pilot.

In the last 40 years, there has only been a handful of successful dead stick landings by a commercial airliner. Non were on fire.

If not a miracle, then at at least some significant intervention...