Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just happened to be in Portland today

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I went to a big box store east of Portland today, the cashier had multi-colored hair and piercings, in her nose, spools in her ears and tats. Who hires these PPL? Outside a metro bus went past, a passenger had the brightest yellow hair I've ever seen, I'm sure it would be visible from space!
    Who are you to judge others? Are you the one that hires? You are not God either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    multi-colored hair and piercings, in her nose, spools in her ears and tats
    Never could understand that type of radical body massacre, or wearing pants around the ankles. A cry for attention? A type of group status? Inner pain? Just bizarre.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Who are you to judge others? Are you the one that hires? You are not God either.
    It's not about "judging others". It's about providing your customers a pleasant experience
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    It's not about "judging others". It's about providing your customers a pleasant experience
    Shocking people, and grossing them out are not in the customers best interest. What happened to common civility, and wanting to be “normal”?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Shocking people, and grossing them out are not in the customers best interest. What happened to common civility, and wanting to be “normal”?
    Well it IS so common today that Nobody should be shocked At All~! Sure you may take a 2nd lok but Move on it IS called Individualism. Don't judge anyone by their Outward appearance. Heck I sold stable equipment many years ago. A guy stop by in a ragged looking t-shirt old tennis shows hole in the side of one. Did I think for once he did not have money enough to buy what he was looking at? Well a little but then Who Am I To Judge. He bought several hundred dollars all stuff. Well the moral of the story is this. I Later found out He OWNED not only the Pepsi Bottling Plant where I went to HS, BUT Also owned a Chevy Dealership~!!!!

I pulled into a very very fancy horse ranch in MN. I had my farm name on the car but that was it. But it was a old Rusty Chevy. Did I get turned away NOPE. I got the red carpet treatment and got to see the entire farm. Yes Do NOT judge a person just from what you see on the outside~!!!!!! And That my fellow person Do Not judge a person by the color of their Skin either.~!!!!!!! Like so many are doing today. Some ought to hang their heads in SHAME at that practice~!

Apparently amputation as a fetish is big these days.
    Tried to cite a source but my Net filter won't let me even look.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    I'll take the green-haired, pierced, tattooed guy who loads my plywood in the truck at Home Depot swiftly, efficiently, and with a pleasant attitude over the clean cut guy who stands over in the shade giving customers the stink-eye and only grudgingly helping when his manager forces him to.

Maybe it's just Hawaii with their cultural affinity for tattoos and piercings, but if I had to wait for a 'normal looking person' at a store then it would make for a very long day indeed. I'm just happy to get good food or good customer service.

I had to go thru 62 employees to find 3 that didnt look like freaks, or they worked in an ink factory.
    My customers were old school, and didnt put up with a loser looking people or they vote with their feet...

Quote Originally Posted by OLD FARMER View Post
    I had to go thru 62 employees to find 3 that didnt look like freaks, or they worked in an ink factory.
    My customers were old school, and didnt put up with a loser looking people or they vote with their feet...
    That's fine.

I expect my banker to look a specific way, and different from the kid who sells me fishing lures.

A lot of those things start out as cultural "I'm not in the system" flags. When I had long hair it was because I was outside of the system. I looked non-hirable because I wanted to look like I wasn't anyone's hire.

But the more and more people who do it the more mainstream those flags become and so that fringe edge is always looking for something a little weirder.

If you're judging people's work ethic or intelligence based on those cultural looks then you're probably the stupid one. I've been around in a lot of industries and I've seen some HIGHLY competent people who looked like they just rolled out of a hippy van on a beach somewhere.

When I lived in Austin during the dot-com boom, one of the things that was so very noticeable was how WELL all the salesman treated you. Normally if you don't look like money and you walk into a furniture store, you're not going to get the best attention from the sales staff. But during the dot-com boom ... ANYONE could be a millionaire so the stores all put their best foot forward. That kid in the tank-top, cut-offs, and flip-flops might just be the multi-millionaire on the cover of Forbes last week and willing to drop $30k on patio furniture on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

ETA:

The inverse is probably true too though. If you show up at a job interview in an industry which doesn't tolerate that look ... and you look like that .... you'd better damned well be as good as you claim you are.
    Last edited by Miradus; 08-19-2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: New thought:

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Who cares so long as they show up on time and do a good job?

For all you know, that cashier is the kingpin of cashiers and so good at their job that their boss couldn't care less about what they look like so long as they work for him and not his competition.
    You base your opinion on what information, exactly?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."