My mom used to make this when I was growing up and it's still one of my favorites. It's easy, yummy and you can make as little or as much as you like at a time and vary the recipe to suit your taste [just be sure to adjust measurements and cooking time accordingly.] Adding carrots to pan fried potatoes gives the dish a sweeter taste [and extra vitamin A !]

Since I cook for one I use a small non-stick frying pan with lid, one medium russet potato, one medium carrot, a teaspoon or more of dehydrated chopped or minced onion pieces [or you can use fresh onion], salt, pepper and about two tablespoons of olive oil.

Slice potato and carrot into slices [the thinner the slices the less cooking time, but not too thin or they will overcook]

Add oilve oil to frying pan, put on medium heat. Add potato & carrot slices, onions, salt and pepper [to taste] and fry for several minutes turning over potato and carrot slices once or twice to cook evenly. Then add a small amount of water, cover pan with lid and steam several more minutes [or until potato and carrot slices are cooked & tender] turning over potato and carrot slices a couple of times to cook evenly.

You can serve the veggie mixture over bread. But I prefer to put it in a flour tortilla to make a yummy veggie burrito.

Covered leftovers can be kept in the cold part of refrigerator a couple of days. It's just as yummy and much easier the second time around... just reheat !