Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It looks like we're abandoning the Kurds again.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Good for Trump.....bringing the war hawk deep staters out of the closet. Love how he's yanking chains about his wisdom, but he's probably right.

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Enough!

"At that time there shall arise Michael, the great prince, guardian of your people; It shall be a time unsurpassed in distress since nations began until that time." (Dn 12:1)

www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    Twitter is the placed idiots go to post lies, how appropriate your doing the same
    Lindsey Graham, Nikki Haley and Meghan McCain Outraged After President Trump Removes Troops from Northern Syria

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Kurds are allies of the antichrist Edomite-jew state...
    serving as its fifth-column inside Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post

October 7, 2019

Now I know what special birthday gift Putin received this year.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..

I'm sorry but tweets like this make me think the man is losing it.

Want to end these endless foreign wars and involvements? Best way bring back the draft. This way everyone will experience our foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by doat View Post
    Want to end these endless foreign wars and involvements? Best way bring back the draft. This way everyone will experience our foreign policy.
    I'm not a war hawk at all but think sometimes you have to sit down with your advisers before you make decisions.
    I don't wish to have to live under a Warren administration but fear it is getting closer with every one of these moves he makes.

https://thebulwark.com/lindsey-grahams-moment-of-truth/

I come not to bury Lindsey Graham, but to praise him.

Okay, not really.

But sort of?

Late last night, the president of the United States had a perfect and beautiful phone call with the Turkish autocrat Recep Erdogan. After this call, our president unilaterally decided to abandon America’s Kurdish allies in the region.

I know what you’re thinking—how could President Trump do this?!? Well, maybe he and Erdogan have a special bond since they’ve both had to endure coups.

Anyway, this policy is a terrible idea and pretty much everyone swung into action to denounce it, including such lickspittle Trump haters as . . .

Brian Kilmeade.

And Marco Rubio.

And Nikki Haley.

And Liz Cheney.

And Lindsey Graham.

Graham rushed out onto Twitter. He ginned up the beginnings of sanctions legislation to try to protect the Kurds if (when) Turkey slaughters them.

He even called
    in to Fox & Friends.

I know it sounds like I’m goofing on him, but I’m not. If you want to get this president’s attention immediately, showing up on Fox & Friends is better than being part of the delegation for his morning briefing.

My point is this: Lindsey Graham is doing everything he can to try to influence a specific, deeply important, piece of policy. Because of Trump’s decision, American allies will die. The region will destabilize. Our adversaries will benefit.

Lindsey Graham has spent three years abasing himself in front of Donald J. Trump. Three years in which he has had to publicly repudiate just about everything he’s ever said. And he did it all with an eye toward a moment like this: When Trump might do something impulsive and dangerous to American foreign policy.

And Graham’s theory was: When the moment of peril comes, I can do more good for American interests by being on the inside. That way, I’ll be able to influence Trump’s decision-making.

This is not a crazy theory. It’s totally understandable.

And say this for Graham: The Trump true believers are going to bend over
    backwards to explain how actually Trump is totally right to pull out of Syria.

Actually, America has no vital interest there.

Actually, we can’t be the world’s policeman.

Actually, the true conservative position is that Turkey is part of NATO, so they’re our real ally.

Graham didn’t do any of that. He went
    at Trump as hard as you can go without giving up your chair at the party.

The question now is, will it matter?

If Trump changes his mind and protects our Kurdish allies, then maybe it was a good idea that Graham swallowed every piece of dog-crap on the Trump buffet.

But if he doesn’t? What then?