Thread: An Urgent Call to Prayer

Default An Urgent Call to Prayer

Pray for us as we begin a season of special prayer.

An Urgent Call to Prayer
    From
    The Ministers of Madison County

It is past time that we who are Christians awake and come together by faith to take positive, deliberate action so that we, our families, the church and our nation may be delivered from the strife that has enveloped our land. The deliverance we need can only come from God and will come only if we use the privilege of prayer that has been given us by our Lord Jesus Christ.

To this end, the ministers of Madison County are issuing a call to prayer to all Christians and churches. We call upon all Christians to engage the Lord in personal prayer, prayer in the church, and public prayer for our county and country.

A Call to Closet Prayer

First, a call to closet prayer. We must begin by personally seeking the Lord and renewing our relationship with him. While we can find fault with others and with those things that are happening around us, David said, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).

While we do not have the power to make changes in the hearts of those who sit in government,we can call upon our Creator knowing he will use his infinite power to transform our hearts into what pleases him.

While we do not have the power to make changes in the hearts of those who sit in government, God does (Proverbs 21:1). We must pray that he will turn those who are in authority to him.

We encourage pastors and all believers to spend time everyday alone with God (Matthew 6:6). Let us confess our sins before him (1 John 1:8-10) and ask for wisdom (James 1:5-8 ) so we might know what we should do in these perilous times.

A Call to Church Prayer

We also ask all churches to set aside a Sunday evening service between now and Sunday November 10th for a time of prayer together for ourselves and churches as a time of repentance and to seek God's will (1 Peter 4:17).

We should no longer be content to agree to disagree, for that can never achieve the unity we need in these last days. If there is dissension within the church, should we be amazed that there is strife in the land? We must seek to come to the place where we completely and humbly agree with our Lord. If we do this we will be of one mind and agree with one another and there will be no schism in the body of Christ. This is the only way we can have true unity. Let us pray that this will be accomplished.

A Call to Prayer for Our County and Our Country

As our country has never been so divided in our life times, let us all come together to call upon God to heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). There is no political solution to the problems that have spread across the land, because these problems are not political, but spiritual. The problems do not come from the county courthouse, the state capitol in Atlanta or Washington DC. The problems that threaten the peace and stability of our communities and the nation come from our hearts (Matthew 15: 19-20). Only the Spirit of our Lord has the power to make the changes in our hearts that are needed to deliver us from the distress that has come upon us.

Hebrews 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God has made it possible for us to call upon him for the help by his Son, Jesus Christ. Let us use this great privilege granted us by praying in our closets, churches and also together at the gazebo at the Madison County Government Complex at 6pm on Sunday, November 10th.

If we fail to use this privilege of prayer to call upon God, we and our nation will miserably fail together.

In Jesus,

Pastor Glenn Guest
    President of the Madison County Ministerial Association
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    David said, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).

(Proverbs 21:1). We must pray that he will turn those who are in authority to him.

Want real effective prayer? Return to His Instructions: Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Pray for us as we begin a season of special prayer.

An Urgent Call to Prayer
    From
    The Ministers of Madison County

It is past time that we who are Christians awake and come together by faith to take positive, deliberate action so that we, our families, the church and our nation may be delivered from the strife that has enveloped our land. The deliverance we need can only come from God and will come only if we use the privilege of prayer that has been given us by our Lord Jesus Christ.

To this end, the ministers of Madison County are issuing a call to prayer to all Christians and churches. We call upon all Christians to engage the Lord in personal prayer, prayer in the church, and public prayer for our county and country.

A Call to Closet Prayer

First, a call to closet prayer. We must begin by personally seeking the Lord and renewing our relationship with him. While we can find fault with others and with those things that are happening around us, David said, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24).

While we do not have the power to make changes in the hearts of those who sit in government,we can call upon our Creator knowing he will use his infinite power to transform our hearts into what pleases him.

While we do not have the power to make changes in the hearts of those who sit in government, God does (Proverbs 21:1). We must pray that he will turn those who are in authority to him.

We encourage pastors and all believers to spend time everyday alone with God (Matthew 6:6). Let us confess our sins before him (1 John 1:8-10) and ask for wisdom (James 1:5-8 ) so we might know what we should do in these perilous times.

A Call to Church Prayer

We also ask all churches to set aside a Sunday evening service between now and Sunday November 10th for a time of prayer together for ourselves and churches as a time of repentance and to seek God's will (1 Peter 4:17).

We should no longer be content to agree to disagree, for that can never achieve the unity we need in these last days. If there is dissension within the church, should we be amazed that there is strife in the land? We must seek to come to the place where we completely and humbly agree with our Lord. If we do this we will be of one mind and agree with one another and there will be no schism in the body of Christ. This is the only way we can have true unity. Let us pray that this will be accomplished.

A Call to Prayer for Our County and Our Country

As our country has never been so divided in our life times, let us all come together to call upon God to heal our land (2 Chronicles 7:14). There is no political solution to the problems that have spread across the land, because these problems are not political, but spiritual. The problems do not come from the county courthouse, the state capitol in Atlanta or Washington DC. The problems that threaten the peace and stability of our communities and the nation come from our hearts (Matthew 15: 19-20). Only the Spirit of our Lord has the power to make the changes in our hearts that are needed to deliver us from the distress that has come upon us.

Hebrews 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

God has made it possible for us to call upon him for the help by his Son, Jesus Christ. Let us use this great privilege granted us by praying in our closets, churches and also together at the gazebo at the Madison County Government Complex at 6pm on Sunday, November 10th.

If we fail to use this privilege of prayer to call upon God, we and our nation will miserably fail together.

In Jesus,

Pastor Glenn Guest
    President of the Madison County Ministerial Association
    I am in agreement for prayer.

Hebrews 4:16 is a wonderful example.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post
    I am in agreement for prayer.

Hebrews 4:16 is a wonderful example.
    It is indeed a wonderful thing and a great testimony to God's goodness, that because of what his Son Jesus has done, we can boldly come to God in prayer.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System