Thread: Why Catholicism is not Biblical Christianity

Post Why Catholicism is not Biblical Christianity

I thought I would post this tract that I hand out. I wrote this out of love for deceived Catholics, who truly love God.

Why Catholicism is not biblical

Let's look into the bible and find out why.
    __________________________________________________ _

Mary was not a perpetual virgin

Mark 6:3, “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” (KJV)

Matthew 13:55-56
    , “(55) Is not this the carpenter’s son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? (56) And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?”(KJV)

- Jesus was the son of Mary, and His natural brothers were James, Joses, Juda, and Simon. (He also had sisters.)

- This proves that Mary had children, after the virgin birth of Jesus.

Peter was never a pope

Matthew 8:14, “And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.”(KJV)

Mark 1:30, “Simon's mother-in-law was sick in bed with a fever, and they promptly told Jesus about her.” (KJV)

- Peter was married.

- He could not have declared a vow of celibacy.

Mary declared Jesus as her Savior

Luke 1:46-48, “(46) And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, (47) And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (48 )For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.” (KJV)

- Mary called Jesus Christ her Lord & Savior.

- She even declared to be His handmaiden.

- Certainly Mary is blessed, but not sinless. Otherwise, she wouldn't need a Savior.

- So, Mary can not be a mediator between God and man; Only the sinless Son of God can.(Jesus Christ)

Catholic Priests can not forgive sin

1 Timothy 2:5-6
    , “(5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” (KJV)

- Jesus Christ is the sinless Savior: The God man.

- Priests can not forgive sin because they are but men.

- We confess our sins to Jesus Christ only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Veneration is worship

Veneration: “The highest degree of respect and reverence; respect mingled with some degree of awe; a feeling or sentiment excited by the dignity and superiority of a person, or by the sacredness of his character, and with regard to place, by its consecration to sacred services.” (1828 websters dictionary)

Worship: “Chiefly and eminently, the act of paying divine honors to the Supreme Being; or the reverence and homage paid to him in religious exercises, consisting in adoration, confession, prayer, thanksgiving and the like.” (1828 websters dictionary)

- By these definitions, they are both the same.

- Worship & Reverence is reserved for God only.
    The 2nd Commandment is ignored

Exodus 20:4-5, “(4)Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: (5)Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;”

- Why does the catholic version of the 10 commandments remove the original 2nd? (Deuteronomy 4:15-19 / Leviticus 26:1) (KJV)

- God forbids the making of any graven image, or likeness of anything in heaven or earth.

- This includes of Himself, angels, the sun, the moon, stars, the earth, tattoos, paintings of, statues, and all symbols.
    There are no Christian Symbols

Isaiah 40:18
    , “To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?” (KJV)

Isaiah 40:25, “To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.”(KJV)

Isaiah 46:5, “To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?” (KJV)

- God can not be portrayed by man. He is far above anything we could ever imagine. (Isaiah 55:9) (KJV)

- If Jesus were killed by a shotgun, would you wear one around your neck? (Hebrews 12:2) (KJV)

- Catholic friend, according to the bible, you are being lied to. Who is the father of lies? (John 8:44)

----------------
    If you have not trusted in Christ as your Savior, isn't it time? (John 6:44, 8:44, 14:6 / Colossians 2:14 / Romans 10:9-13 / Acts 2:38, 3:19, 4:12, 17:28-30) (KJV)

If you have already trusted in Christ & are born again, then brother/sister, come out of her. (Revelation 18:4 / Isaiah 30:21) (KJV)
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 10-25-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: text editing
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post

- God forbids the making of any graven image, or likeness of anything in heaven or earth.
    Though He despises these things, seems He has a sense of humor when He crashes them...Absolutely hilarious clips!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Though He despises these things, seems He has a sense of humor when He crashes them...Absolutely hilarious clips!
    The idolatry is astonishing. No wonder the 2nd commandment had to be taken out.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

1/3 of the entire world population?

2,173,180,000 Christians (31% of world population), of which 50% are Catholic, 37% Protestant, 12% Orthodox, and 1% other.

Mat 7:13-14 “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are FEW who find it.

Mat 22:14 “For many are called, but FEW are chosen.

Isa 24:5-6 For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torot, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant.Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and FEW men shall be left.

Give me "1% Other" for the win, Alex.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

I had to post this.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/