Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flu shot mix-up in Oklahoma sends 10 people to hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Does anyone here get the pneumonia shot? My doctor was really encouraging me to do so, not that I've ever had chest problems. It's for those over 65. She said it hasn't been as controversial as flu shots.
    The problem with both the flu and pneumonia is that the encounter serious enough to convince you that vaccination is a good idea may also be enough to put you in the ground. My Mom famously never got sick and also avoided vaccinations. Then, last year, at 70, she got the flu, followed by pneumonia, and it almost killed her. She's in great shape and with her family history ought to be able to live another 15-20 productive years. She gets the recommended vaccinations now and I'm really happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    Yeah, we both have August 19 birthdays, right? Along with Bill Clinton!

Does anyone here get the pneumonia shot? My doctor was really encouraging me to do so, not that I've ever had chest problems. It's for those over 65. She said it hasn't been as controversial as flu shots.

That's good you don't have diabetes, Hoppie, given how it runs in your family
    Yes a few years ago I got that one that is advertised so much Prevnar 13, I went to Walgreens and got the flu shot in one arm and that Prevnar 13 in the other one. Neat,,, and no ill effects from either of them. LOL

I'm 61 and have never gotten a flu shot. I also haven't had the flu since I was in high school.