Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Senate Call Witnesses for Impeachment Trial?

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Default Should Senate Call Witnesses for Impeachment Trial?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/11/polit...ans/index.html

Trump wants witnesses. The Senate says this needs to be short and sweet and doesn't want to go there. I say listen to Trump. He has gut level reactions that sometimes are more on point and understands optics, like when he brought in Bill Clinton's women he abused at one of the debates. Oh that was priceless, who does that?

Biden has said he won't come voluntarily as a witness. I say call him and his crack pipe son, Hunter.

What do you think?

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

They should pull the plug immediately, with the statement that the American people have been defrauded by the dims, and there should be immediate restitution of all costs to be removed directly from the annual pay of the dims involved. With interest.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

I don't believe that issue is up to the senate - they're jurors. The judge, however, DOES have that in his purview. Unfortunately that would be Chief Justice John Roberts, who is clearly fully compromised.

That said, I don't think they can get away with not allowing Trump to call witnesses. With the entire world actually watching - and the prosecution will HAVE to have "witnesses" of some sort. SOMEBODY has to testify. Trumps attorneys will eat those witnesses alive. THAT will not be preventable.

On the flip side, the defense will HAVE to be allowed witnesses as well - the ONLY way to prevent that, would be for the judge to declare that not enough evidence was presented to prove the case. THAT almost never happens, and I can't see it happening in such a high-profile case.

So - the defense will call witnesses. The Prosecution will object - and the Judge will have to rule.

Over, and over, and over, and over again.

I - just don't see them getting away with it. Seriously.

Even CNN will have to cover it.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

I think both Bidens need to be grilled. Of course, CNN wouldn't cover. Did you know that yesterday CNN didn't cover Lindsey's opening and closing remarks? Also, some of Horowitz remarks. CNN carried 33% MSNBC 89%, MSNBC actually had a bit more than Fox

can the senate vote without trial
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Watching Mitch McConnell now on Hannity. Well one thing they can’t ignore this coming over from the house like when bills come over, if Mitch doesn’t want to touch it, it’s done . This one has to be voted on but there has doesn’t have to be a protracted trial. Mitch definitely thinks it should be kept short with no witnesses and Hannity is saying he’s leaning that way now. But Mitch has made it clear that they will be on the same page as Trump’s lawyers . I hope Trump goes with his gut feeling and doesn’t let others dissuade him. I think it could be powerful getting the Bidens, Comey etc. up there, but I am praying for God‘s wisdom in this. I was surprised to hear Mitch say he doesn’t think there’s going to be any Republican defections. May even be a couple Democrats on their side. So the likes of Romney is going to go along with the rest of the GOP? Well, I hope so

Many evangelicals sat out the midterms. Shameful. I’m sure glad the GOP runs the Senate

All the R has to do is show one video of Biden bragg!!!!

If the Pubs had 1/10th the spine of the Dems, they would call all the witnesses that Schitt wouldn't allow and they could demolish them.
    But, since they're as corrupt as their colleagues across the aisle, their junk would be brought out in the open, too.

Well, I'm sure Durham will give us justice.

And Lucy really won't pull the ball back this time.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Yeah, I'm not convinced that it's a slam-dunk for Trump, either.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Yeah, I'm not convinced that it's a slam-dunk for Trump, either.
    I agree Earl and have been saying so for a while.

We may see the real cockroaches come out of the woodwork
    I agree, Earl.Yeah, I'm not convinced that it's a slam-dunk for Trump, either
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner