Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Virginia Thread

Virginians: This Is What Your Rulers Think Of You

BY Herschel Smith
    23 hours, 19 minutes ago “These people are crazy”, “Yea, they’re like little kids. As long as we don’t reply we’ll get through this.”
    Some listeners are claiming that it’s impossible to hear it accurately. I could, especially with the help of the comments which link this cleaned up version. The contact information for this group of vipers is here.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

“Who do you favor in the Virginia Slims tournament?”

Don’t put in extra hours at the clock factory – they hate that.

1. People actively avoid being near those of opposing ideology. Might move from communities or states just because of ideology.
    2. Common violence. Organized violence is occurring monthly.
    3. Opposing sides develop governing/war structures. Just in case.
    4. Common violence that is generally deemed by governmental authorities as justified based on ideology.
    5. https://wilderwealthywise.com/civil-...s-on-virginia/
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Virginia Bill Aims to Shut Down NRA HQ Gun Range

Oddly-worded bill would ban public, indoor gun ranges not owned by the gov't unless they have less than 50 employees

Richmond: The Mother of All Buffalo Jumps
    The more I ponder the mass demonstration being promoted by the Virginia Citizens Defense League for the annual Lobby Day at the Richmond Capitol, the more it looks like a disaster in the making. I wish it were otherwise, but I see many times more downside risk than possible upside benefit.

Even if Virginia Senate Bill 16 is passed, banning nearly all semi-automatic firearms, the new law will be challenged in court, and given the potential dire outcomes, the case will rapidly ascend to the SCOTUS. This process will take years, and Governor Ralph Northam and the Democrat majority in the legislature may be voted out in the meantime, and the law overturned. So why, before all that happens, go charging into Richmond in just a few weeks? Will rabidly anti-gun urban Democrats be convinced to change their minds because of a mass rally by their despised deplorable enemies? Not a chance. Instead, it will only harden their resolve. Now let’s look at the downside risks, which I have divided into overlapping scenarios, from best to worst case.
    https://www.americanpartisan.org/202...buffalo-jumps/

Doesn't the State Legislature in Virginia open today?
    What is happening there?

VA Dems Introduce New Gun And Ammo Bans As Session Begins

Posted at 7:00 am on January 8, 2020 by Cam Edwards
    https://bearingarms.com/came/2020/01...and-ammo-bans/

Any thing to get rid of Trump because they know they'll get the rope if he gets a second term

AP Photo/Vicki Cronis-Nohe
    Virginia Democrats have introduced a revised ban on so-called “assault weapons” that requires existing gun owners to register their firearms with the state, and also bans outright the possession of magazines that can hold more than ten rounds as well as a ban on suppressors and “trigger activators”.
    According to the legislative summary by Delegate Mark Levine, HB 961:
    The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on July 1, 2020, may retain possession until January 1, 2021. During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency.
    Under the terms of this bill, every ammunition magazine in the state of Virginia that can accept more than ten rounds would have to be permanently modified to only hold ten rounds, destroyed, turned over, or removed from the state. This language is very similar to the language of New Jersey’s magazine ban, which is currently being challenged by residents in court.
    Suppressors would have to be turned in, destroyed, or removed from the state of Virginia as well. No compensated confiscation here, just “Mr.-and-Mrs.-Virginia turn them all in.”
    Now let’s take a look at the “revised” ban on so-called assault weapons.
    First, here’s how HB 961 defines “assault weapon”:

Default Once disarmed the Moose Limbs will flood in; VA becomes London

Virginia House: House Bill 567. Might as well call it “The Enabling Act of 1933.”
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-by-the-state/
    It is eerie that I could see the 2020 session and the law in its proposed form at work a few hours ago, now…. with a little work, you can get to:
    http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...=bil&val=hb567
    Here’s the .pdf:
    http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...?201+ful+HB567
    It would be well and good that TPTB start realizing that history is non-linear. They should look to the Romans, the Aztecs, the Spanish, the English, and so on.

Read this as well. Note that in articles and newscasts, there has not been to my knowledge ANY comparison of the “the law is the Law” to the Nazi defense of “I was just following orders.”
    In the Nuremberg trials, that defense was weak sauce.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ce-gun-control