Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus Thread

US health officials say coronavirus will likely cause a global pandemic - CNBC

“It’s not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of when this will happen and how many people in this country will become infected and how many of those will develop severe or more complicated disease,” she (Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/us-h...-pandemic.html
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I just got back from what will probably be my last run to top off preps. One stop was at Walmart. When I was at the check-out I told the cashier I was going to be praying for her and all who work in retail. She thanked me, but you could tell she didn't have a clue as to why I would be praying for her. I explained that the next couple of weeks were going to be rough as people begin to swoop in to buy everything they can because of the coronavirus.

I went out to the truck and then went back into the store because I needed to buy some motor oil. After I got a couple of jugs of oil I went to the same cashier I had gone to a few minutes earlier. She was almost in a state of shock as she told me that the next customers in line after I had left the first time were a Chinese couple. She said the guy in line behind the Chinese couple asked them if they had been to China and if they had the virus. The cashier said the Chinese couple acted as if the man who asked the questions was not even there. This is in rural Georgia.

BTW- I did see one person in Walmart wearing a surgical mask. This is the second time I have seen someone wearing a mask in the last week.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Yeppers. PPL will start to panic by this weekend

Slovakia PM sick, was in meeting with all European leaders
    http://archive.is/u8rdN

CDC warns Americans to prepare for COVID-19 pandemic

By Brian Dunleavy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upi...3651582643431/

Feb. 25 (UPI) -- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday warned Americans to prepare for a coronavirus pandemic.
    Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during a press briefing that the "rapidly evolving and expanding" COVID-19 outbreak has now seen "community spread" in multiple countries, as well as cases in several regions without a known exposure to where the disease originated, Wuhan, China.

"These factors meet two of the three criteria for a pandemic," Messonnier said. "The world appears to be moving closer to the third criteria -- worldwide spread."
    The CDC and other federal agencies continue to take steps to slow the introduction of the virus into the United States to give officials time to prepare, she said. But as more countries report community spread of the disease, containment at U.S. borders becomes more difficult.
    RELATED South Korea shoppers go online as coronavirus spreads
    On Monday, the World Health Organization declined to declare the outbreak a pandemic, even as case clusters emerged in Iran, Italy and elsewhere. On Tuesday, the Spanish resort of Tenerife placed a hotel on lockdown after hundreds of guests were exposed to an Italian doctor who tested positive for the virus after staying there.
    To date, there have been 57 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among U.S. citizens. Of these, 40 were among passengers evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Three cases involved Americans "repatriated" from Wuhan by the State Department.
    Messonnier said the CDC is using its flu pandemic plan as guidance for what a possible COVID-19 response might look like. Broadly, should the plan need to be enacted, it might entail widespread quarantines, school closures -- with transitioning of classroom work online -- and other measures.

RELATED South Korea coronavirus cases near 1,000; 11 dead
    Since the flu plan was drafted in 2017, the CDC has conducted two exercises to rehearse its implementation. There has also been at least one government-wide pandemic preparation exercise, Messionnier said.
    "These are things we need to start thinking about now," she said. "We need to be preparing for significant disruptions of our lives. People are concerned about the situation. Rightfully so. But we are putting our concerns to work preparing."
    CDC officials urged businesses, health-care facilities and even schools to plan now for ways to limit the impact of COVID-19 if or when it spreads in local communities.
    RELATED Coronavirus cases slow in China as clusters grow worldwide
    According to Messonnier, businesses should consider replacing in-person meetings with telework, and schools should look to limit face-to-face contact, by dividing students into smaller groups, through closures or by implementing online coursework.
    Hospitals may also want to begin triaging patients who do not need urgent care and recommend patients delay elective surgery. WHO officials Tuesday praised Chinese officials for taking similar measures during the early stages of the outbreak.
    Earlier Tuesday, on Capitol Hill, officials with the CDC and the National Institutes of Health met with senators behind closed doors, and lawmakers from both parties expressed concern about how well the Trump administration is prepared to respond to COVID-19, should it become a global pandemic.
    Specifically, some questioned whether the administration has been devoting sufficient resources to preparation, highlighting examples of poor inter-agency communication, as well as a lack of dialog between the CDC, NIH and Congress.
    The Trump administration has requested Congressional approval for $1.25 billion in emergency funding to fight COVID-19, on top of its plans to transfer approximately $500 million from a fund earmarked to fight Ebola. The administration has said more than $1 billion of the money will be allocated for vaccine development and the other funds would go toward stockpiling protective equipment like masks.
    Health and Human Services officials said Tuesday that the government has already stockpiled more than 30 million facemasks.
    "The supplemental is way below what's needed to protect the American people against an outbreak that seems to be, from my impression, virtually inevitable," U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., told reporters following the briefing. "This briefing, which was classified, should be made available to the American people because there would be an outcry, an uproar."
    U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., said in a statement that the administration "is doing an excellent job of keeping Americans safe so far -- 10 days ago there were 14 infections and today there are 14 infections, plus the 39 Americans that were brought back from China and Japan, mostly from the cruise ship."
    "As Chairman of the Senate health committee, I will continue to work to make sure that the Administration is implementing the preparedness and response framework for emerging public health threats that Congress has already provided," Alexander said.
    The Senate Health Committee has scheduled a hearing for March 3 to learn more about what the administration has planned to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and what steps it has taken to coordinate the federal response, he added.
    The CDC has faced challenges in ramping up health laboratories across the country to effectively and accurately test for COVID-19. Although the agency began distributing test kits for the virus two weeks ago, several of the kits reportedly yielded inconclusive results during pre-testing.
    Messonnier said the agency is working on replacing the test kits and hopes to begin sending new ones out soon. Twelve labs across the country are equipped to test for COVID-19 and the CDC lab in Atlanta has capacity to test without backlogs.
    "I am frustrated we have had an issue with test," Messionnier said.

Last edited by Lenno; 02-25-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Yeppers. PPL will start to panic by this weekend
    The Extreme Panic The Coronavirus Is Causing Elsewhere On The Globe Could Soon Be Coming To The U.S. - The End Of The American Dream

U.S. government officials are doing their best to keep the general population calm, but everyone can see what is happening in the rest of the world.
    http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...ing-to-the-u-s
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

Algeria reports first case of coronavirus

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/north-africa/2020/02/25/Algeria-reports-first-case-of-coronavirus.html

76 People Being Monitored for Coronavirus in Oregon, Health Agency Says
    The Oregon Health Authority on Monday confirmed that 76 people are currently being monitored for coronavirus, adding that ...
    San Francisco Declares State Of Emergency Over Covid-19; Germany Confirms 18th Case: Live Updates

“...the global picture is changing rapidly, and we need to step-up preparedness.”

Kurds Panic over Fuel Shortages as Coronavirus Closes Iranian Border

The appearance of the Wuhan coronavirus in Iran is causing a great deal of anxiety in the region and producing some immediate negative effects as trade across Iran’s borders shuts down. The Kurdistan Region experienced a bout of petrol panic on Monday as rumors of an impending fuel shortage spread, even though the authorities said there has been no significant supply disruption to date.

Report: China Starving Uyghur Muslims in Coronavirus Quarantine

Chinese officials announced the first confirmed coronavirus cases among the oppressed Uyghur Muslims of Xinjiang province last week.

North Korea Quarantines 1,300 Coronavirus Patients in Pyongyang Hotel

North Korea still officially claims it has zero cases of coronavirus infection, but one of its officials told Radio Free Asia (RFA) on Saturday that 1,300 people suspected of carrying the virus have been quarantined at a hotel in Pyongyang.

Well I have great news for you guys/gals, we can all sleep easy tonight.

Rod Rosenstein's sister is a director at the CDC.

Nancy Messonnier, MD,
    is the Director of the Center for the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD). Since beginning her public health career in 1995 as an Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer in the Deputy Director for Infectious Diseases (DDID), Dr. Messonnier has held a number of leadership posts across CDC and within NCIRD. She served as Deputy Director of NCIRD from October 2014-March 2016, and led the Meningitis and Vaccine Preventable Diseases Branch in NCIRD’s Division of Bacterial Diseases from 2007-2012.Dr. Messonnier has provided critical leadership to CDC’s cross-cutting laboratory, global health, and surveillance initiatives. She has been a champion for prevention and control of bacterial meningitis in the United States—from drafting the initial recommendations for meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine use in those heading for college, to the introduction of meningococcal conjugate vaccines for routine use in teens. She also oversaw a family of studies exploring resurgence of pertussis in the United States and characterizing post-licensure effectiveness of acellular pertussis vaccines. She played a pivotal role in the successful public-private partnership to develop and implement a low cost vaccine to prevent epidemic meningococcal meningitis in Africa. More than 150 million people in the African Meningitis Belt have been vaccinated with MenAfriVac since 2010, with remarkable impact. Dr. Messonnier also has been a leader in CDC’s preparedness and response to anthrax, including during the 2001 intentional anthrax release and in evaluating simplified schedules for use of licensed anthrax vaccine.
    HAVE A PLAN TO KILL EVERY COMMUNIST/FASCIST/SATANIST YOU MEET
    You can thank me later

So she's part of Bill Gates population reduction program?

Brazil Says It Might Have First COVID-19 Case In South America: Live Updates

An initial test was positive and it's waiting for confirmation...