Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19: Martial Law Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

New Rochelle is heavily jewish.

You are a one of a kind case that should not be around the rest of us Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    You are a one of a kind case that should not be around the rest of us Americans.
    Dude, chill! All forums should have one racist, Hitler supporter to add to our wonderful diversity!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Martial law. You didn't read PG's thread title?
    I did
    But when I read the article that was referenced in the post it stated that they were sent "to assist with the outbreak"
    I did not see where it mentioned martial law
    maybe I missed that part
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I did
    But when I read the article that was referenced in the post it stated that they were sent "to assist with the outbreak"
    I did not see where it mentioned martial law
    maybe I missed that part
    You didn't miss anything...it's not there...it was a dig at the OP's attempt to over-hype a situation with more hysteria. Some of these people love to doom and gloom every post.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

"the rest of us Americans."
    OK, I think you've lied enough for one day!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    You didn't miss anything...it's not there...it was a dig at the OP's attempt to over-hype a situation with more hysteria. Some of these people love to doom and gloom every post.

From Zerohedge (scroll down to 1235ET):

Update (1235ET): New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced during his daily press update on Tuesday that he is establishing a 'containment zone' in the city of New Rochelle, the epicenter of the state's outbreak. All schools and businesses within one mile of the Westchester town will be closed for two weeks, and the National Guard will be sent in to help local police maintain order.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...eater-new-york

The definition of martial law found at Wikipedia:

Martial law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions by a government, especially in response to a temporary emergency such as invasion or major disaster...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

Military enforcement of laws is martial law.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post

The definition of martial law found at Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law
    Rather than one snip, I suggest you read the rest of the article so you can tell what REAL martial law is. Sheesh...the panic and sensationalism is epic during this flu season.

If the reasons for doing so are clear, Americans will put up with an awful lot of convenience to achieve a desired goal. After the Boston Marathon bombing, Large parts of Boston were effectively shut down. People knew that the Tsarnaev brother was still at large and in the area. By denying him crowds of Bostonians to mask his presence, they facilitated his capture. Found by a homeowner who saw that somebody had been messing with his backyard boat police were able to respond in force; undistracted by having to check IDs of every male on the streets between 15 and 30.

The point is that the boston police didn't have to force their wan into anybody's home. They accepted the inconvenience and understood the seriousness of the manhunt. That situation was short lived but COVID-19 is different. We need to slow the spread (probably impossible by now to stop the spread) sufficiently as to keep the number of desperately ill below the capacity of the medical system to handle the serious cases at any one time.

Here's the chart that explains that:

It turns out that I don't know how to attach images to posts. See:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...-Thread/page15

Post 143

I've heard of a Chinese woman who was shot and killed for trying to break quarantine. They've been following an emperor of some kind since about 200BCE. Still, they are all out for themselves. It may not be civic pride that enforce their quarantine; it may be the men with guns as well as entreaties to civic duty.

The National Guard can the ones that will rev up a food delivery service in a hurry if they're told to.

I'd like to think that Americans would largely self isolate or self quarantine because it would be dumb not to. There's also a sense of pride in doing it.-- civic duty. You will always have one of those ignorant Rep. Gaetz-type guy but they serve as embarrassing video whoopsies that hopefully haven't resulted in spreading the infection to Congress and the Executive Branch. It may take a couple of weeks to find out.

There is a short clip of an important woman reading a speech on the subject of the importance of not touching your face with your hands; when she came to the end of page 1 of her speech, licked her finger and turned the page. I just touched my own eye.

I don't think we'll get stuck in a Mad Max type of scenario but It won't be a lot of fun, either.

[QUOTE=Pastor Guest;2789830]New York Gov. Cuomo deploys National Guard to New Rochelle, establishes containment center to stem coronavirus - CNBC

I worked in New Rochelle yesterday. All is well though some people in our area are avoiding public places.
    Gov Cuomo is an absolute disgrace, he jumps on any stupid bandwagon he can find to get himself on the news.
    The guy has issues.

Corona19 is being used to further some agenda, right now it is a huge drag on the main st. Economy ,which is bordering on recession.