Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Portland Used to Be a Very Nice Town...Now Detroit

Default Portland Used to Be a Very Nice Town...Now Detroit

Two Good Samaritans Stabbed to Death Trying to Stop Man Yelling Slurs on Portland Train

Two Good Samaritans Stabbed to Death Trying to Stop Man Yelling Slurs on Portland Train

A memorial is pictured at the Hollywood Transit Center in Portland, Ore., on May 27, 2017. (Alex Milan Tracy/Sipa via AP Images)
    Three men who stepped in to stop a man from shouting slurs at passengers were stabbed, two fatally, on a Portland train Friday.
    Portland police said a man on the MAX train at the Hollywood Transit Station was "yelling various remarks that would best be characterized as hate speech toward a variety of ethnicities and religions" when people "attempted to intervene with the suspect and calm him down." Ricky John Best, 53, of Happy Valley, Ore., and Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, 23, of Southeast Portland were stabbed to death. Micah David-Cole Fletcher, 21, of Southeast Portland was in the hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries. Train service was halted for several hours Friday evening as the scene was investigated.
    Best, a 23-year Army veteran, worked as a technician for the city's Bureau of Development Services and once ran for Clackamas County commissioner. Namkai-Meche had recently finished his economics degree and was working at a consulting firm.

Jeremy Joseph Christian, 35, of North Portland is charged with aggravated murder, attempted murder, intimidation in the second degree, and being a felon in possession of a restricted weapon. He is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in Multnomah County Court. His criminal record includes robbery; police said he was not flagged as a gang member and does not have any known mental health history. The department said officers are reviewing "information publicly available about the suspect's extremist ideology" including his trove of Facebook posts.
    The Oregonian posted video of Christian participating in the April 29 March for Free Speech, a counterprotest against Antifa, video that Christian posted on his Facebook page. "Another video of the event shows Christian, standing in a Burger King parking lot and wrapped in a Revolutionary War-era American flag, casting Nazi salutes while shouting: 'Die Muslims!'" the paper said.

Police have spoken with, but are not releasing the names of, two young women, one wearing a hijab, who were reportedly being harassed by Christian. Portland police spokesman Sgt. Pete Simpson said the assailant was using "hate speech or biased language."
    "In the midst of his ranting and raving, some people approached him and appeared to try to intervene with his behavior and some of the people that he was yelling at," Simpson said. "They were attacked viciously."
    "Our thoughts are with the Muslim community," the police spokesman later added. "As something like this happens, this only instills fear in that community. We have already reached out previous to this incident to our Muslim community partners and the different imams about extra patrol during Ramadan. We want to reassure them that that will continue." Ramadan began Friday evening.
    Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler was flying to London when the attack occurred and caught the first flight home.

"Two men lost their lives and another was injured for doing the right thing, standing up for people they didn't know against hatred. Their actions were brave and selfless, and should serve as an example and inspiration to us all. They are heroes," Wheeler said in a statement. "There is too much hatred in our world right now, and far too much violence. Too much of it has arrived here in Portland."
    "My heart goes out to the families of those who lost their lives, and to those who witnessed what happened. Thank you to our first responders, who provided aid, and police who captured the suspected killer," he added. "Now is the time, we must come together as a community and love one another. We must reject hatred and violence. We must seek justice."
    The FBI, which has offered assistance to Portland police and will determine if federal crimes were committed, said in a statement, "Hate and bigotry have no place in our community, and we will not allow violence in the name of hate to go unanswered."

ALL BECAUSE THE DEMS MAINTAIN A HOMELESS CITY TO GAURENTEE RE-ELECTION
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Good Samaritans? Hardly.

The thing is and these three are to be commended for their good intentions, if you're gonna step up be capable of standing up and expect wholesale violence to be unleashed upon your person.

These fine folks was expecting civil resolution ... like they see on tv / movies. They got reel life and real life mixed up.

O.W.

I use to have to transit through Portland via Greyhound back in the mid-80's and again in the mid-90's.
    The "park" in downtown near the bus terminal was a filthy sqatter camp back then....it's only gotten worse.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

My Dad always said "Never corner a coward." Also, "never corner a wild animal." The guy was just shouting until the three men approached him. The article I read said they tried to "de-escalate" the situation, looks like they did the opposite.
    It's really sad, but it also shows how liberals can't see consequences, and don't anticipate real life reactions to their actions.
    I feel really bad for them and their families.

Stay Away From Crowds
    Your Political Correctness will not save you, nor your children, from slaughter.!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Hey,

Earlier in the year my oldest son had to go to Portland to start up a new office, and train some employees, for his company there. He would be there for 2 weeks, home for a week, back there for 2 weeks. Glad that's over.

Said it was the dirtiest city he had ever seen. All along the freeways, and in downtown it was wall to wall tents, and people sleeping on the sidewalk, for the homeless. He told us part of the reason for all the tents between where he was staying in a hotel, and the new office, is all the homeless shelters, food pantries, and free meal handouts was in the area.

In comparison, to show what we are use to.

Tupelo, pop about 40,000, has about 3-4 homeless, living under a couple of the bridges over creeks/rivers. Cops have been by, and still go by, to check on them.

The Salvation Army has a homeless shelter, that has a rotating population of like 12. I say rotating cuz people have houses that get burned down, or storms come through, and destroy their homes, or whatever and need a place to stay for a while. Can't afford a hotel. Meaning it's not a permanent residence. And the Salvation Army and a couple of the churches in town go by and check on those living under bridges, give them some food, and make sure they are still safe.

The cops told our local TV reporters, that they have tried, and tried to move those folks into a homeless shelter, but they just won't go, and what do you do then?

Not saying we are better than Portland, it's just that kind of living is not something we are use to, or see around here.

Even though Mississippi is the poorest state in the nation. I think it goes back and forth between us and Arkansas.

When the Salvation Army had a fund drive last year for renovations and remodeling, their goal was to reach 1 Million dollars. They got 2 Million, all through donations from private citizens.

Not saying what it may be like in Jackson, a much bigger town. Just what it is like here.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Portland and Oregon uses the homeless as a voting pool the crime has sky rocketed, it's also a Sanctuary City for the same reason. I won't even go into the city center any more. Now the LIMPs want to actually build a giant structure so they can keep the Homeless through the winter, they have already started providing free apartments, all on the back of the tax payer of course

Portland OR "White Supremists" driven out of business because. . .
    https://pdx.eater.com/2017/5/22/1567...-appropriation
    Portland Burrito Spot Shutters Amid Claims of Cultural Appropriation
    by Mattie John
    May 22, 2017

Just shortly after WWeek announced Kooks Burritos — a small burrito pop-up with events at the Tight Tacos food cart in Southeast — the operation has shuttered and deleted much of its online presence. The closure coincides with public outrage at what some are calling the restaurant’s “appropriation” of another culture’s “intellectual property.”

Speaking with WWeek, Kooks Burritos owners Kali Wilgus and Liz "LC" Connelly said they developed their menus in part by picking “the brains of every tortilla lady there [Puerto Nuevo, Mexico] in the worst broken Spanish ever,” and this description of its research practices as well as other comments within the article spurred editorials and debates across the internet.

The Mic news website bought national attention to Kooks Burritos with its coverage, titled, “These white cooks bragged about stealing recipes from Mexico to start a Portland business.” It reads, “The problem, of course, is that it's unclear whether the Mexican women who handed over their recipes ever got anything in return.

Today, the Merc released its coverage, beginning with the claim, “Portland has an appropriation problem.” The article continues:

Week after week people of color in Portland bear witness to the hijacking of their cultures. Several of the most successful businesses in this town have been birthed as a result of curious white people going to a foreign country. Now don’t get me wrong: cultural customs are meant to be shared. However, that’s not what happens in this city.
    And a spreadsheet featuring “white-owned appropriative restaurants” in Portland has also emerged. It includes several of the most popular restaurants in the city, with recommendations for nearby alternatives owned by people of color.

In recent years, the topic of cultural appropriation in food has been widely discussed in America, and the latest development shows some Portland restaurateurs and local residents continue to be at odds. The Kooks Burritos coverage by WWeek now has nearly 500 comments, and there are few signs a consensus will be reached.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

So, am I reading this right? Two white women are cooking Mexican food in their restaurant, and people of color are outraged?