Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Is it God's Judgment?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    What about Peter's vision?
    A very common mistake made by christianity. The visionS had nothing to do with food whatsoever. From my ministry page; a brief study of the matter:

TWO Visions Cornelius and Peter’s (Kepha’s) Vision...

Act 10:1-35 Now there was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a captain of what was called the Italian Regiment (A GENTILE), dedicated, and fearing Elohim with all his household, doing many kind deeds to the people, and praying to Elohim always. HE CLEARLY SAW IN A VISION, about the ninth hour of the day, a messenger of Elohim coming to him, and saying to him, “Cornelius!” And looking intently at him, and becoming afraid, he said, “What is it, master?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your kind deeds have come up for a remembrance before Elohim. “And now SEND MEN TO Yapho, and send for Shimʽon who is also called KEPHA. “He is staying with Shimʽon, a leather-tanner, whose house is by the sea.” And when the messenger who spoke to him went away, Cornelius (THE GENTILE) called two of his household servants, and a dedicated soldier from among those who waited on him continually. And having explained to them all, he sent them to Yapho.

>>So we see the forerunner of Kepha’s vision being laid out; the gentile being sent to Kepha by a vision also…

And on the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Kĕpha went up on the house-top to pray, about the sixth hour. And HE BECAME HUNGRY AND WISHED TO EAT. But while they were preparing, he fell into a trance, and he saw the heaven opened and a certain vessel like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth, in which were all kinds of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of the heaven. And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.” But Kĕpha said, “Not at all, Master! Because I have NEVER EATEN whatever is common or unclean.”

>>One must ask themselves, HOW LONG has this been since Messiah had ascended? Quite some time; absolutely no change that Kepha was aware of in regards to dietary instructions! Messiah certainly NEVER taught to eat dogs or cats! So, he had never defiled himself by eating a dog or a cat! And he sure didn’t go slay and eat anything! He KNEW the vision had to mean something, but eating a rat sure wasn’t it!

And a voice came to him again the second time, “What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.” And this took place three times, and the vessel was taken back to the heaven. And while Kĕpha was DOUBTING WITHIN HIMSELF WHAT THE VISION MIGHT MEAN, look, the men who had been sent from Cornelius, having asked for the house of Shimʽon, stood at the gate, and calling out, they enquired whether Shimʽon, also known as Kĕpha, was staying there.

>>Again, Peter knew it wasn’t about eating dogs and cats, so he was considering the true meaning of the vision…it was then the Spirit moved and directed…
    And as Kĕpha was thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “See, three men seek you. “But rise up, go down and go with them, not doubting at all, for I have sent them.”

>>SO! As the vision was being considered concerning the true meaning, THE SPIRIT leads him to the next part of this mysterious vision!

So Kĕpha went down to the men who had been sent to him from Cornelius, and said, “Look, I am the one you seek. Why have you come?” And they said, “Cornelius the captain, a righteous man and one who fears Elohim and well spoken of by the entire nation of the Yehuḏim, was instructed by a set-apart messenger to send for you to his house, and to hear words from you.” So inviting them in, he housed them. And on the next day Kĕpha went away with them, and some brothers from Yapho went with him. And the following day they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his relatives and close friends. And it came to be, that when Kĕpha entered, Cornelius met him and FELL DOWN AT HIS FEET AND BOWED before him. BUT Kĕpha raised him up, saying, “STAND UP, I AM ALSO A MAN.”

>>BINGO! THAT is the very instant it hit him! This gentile was his equal in the eyes of YHUH! The vision then had meaning and direct purpose!

And talking with him, he went in and found many who had come together. And he said to them, “You know that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race. But ELOHIM HAS SHOWED ME THAT I SHOULD NOT CALL ANY MAN COMMON OR UNCLEAN. “THAT IS WHY I came without hesitation when I was sent for.

>>There it is! No mention of eating a slab of dog ribs, the Spirit revealed this in no uncertain terms, Kepha had been corrected in the matter! He said THAT is why he came! Additionally, there is no portion of Torah that I have ever found that "that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race". Kepha had succumbed to tradition.

So I ask, why have you sent for me?” And Cornelius said, “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour. And at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and see, a man stood before me in shining garments, and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your kind deeds were remembered before Elohim. ‘Now send to Yapho and call Shimʽon here, who is also called Kĕpha. He is staying in the house of Shimʽon, a leather-tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he shall speak to you.’ “So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. And now, we are all present before Elohim, TO HEAR ALL that you have been commanded by Elohim.” And opening his mouth, Kĕpha said, “TRULY I SEE THAT ELOHIM SHOWS NO PARTIALITY, BUT IN EVERY NATION, HE WHO FEARS HIM AND WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ACCEPTED BY HIM.

>>So, they heard ALL that he had been commanded by YHUH! No, “oh by the way, forget all about Leviticus 11”. Let’s continue with more testimony so we can put this to bed…

Act 11:1-18 And the emissaries and brothers who were in YEHUDAH HEARD THAT THE GENTILES ALSO RECEIVED THE WORD OF ELOHIM. And when Kĕpha went up to Yerushalayim, those of the circumcision were contending with him, saying, “YOU WENT INTO UNCIRCUMCISED MEN AND ATE WITH THEM!” But Kĕpha BEGAN AND SET IT FORTH in order, saying: “I was in the city of Yapho praying. And in a trance I saw a vision, a certain vessel descending like a great sheet, let down from the heaven by four corners, and it came to me. “Having looked into it, I perceived and I saw four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of heaven. “And I heard a voice saying to me, ‘Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.’

>>So we see Kepha getting hammered over eating with gentiles! Not surprising, since this was what the vision was ALL ABOUT! Just imagine how hammered he would have been if he said Lev. 11 is abolished! Utter nonsense! He explains the vision to them…

“But I said, ‘Not at all, Master! Because whatever is common or unclean has never entered into my mouth.’ “And the voice answered me again from the heaven, ‘What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.’ “And this took place three times, and all were drawn up again into the heaven. “And see, immediately three men stood before the house where I was, having been sent to me from Caesarea. “And the Spirit said to me to go with them, not doubting at all. And these six brothers also went with me, and we went into the man’s house. “And he told us how he had seen a messenger standing in his house, who said to him, ‘Send men to Yapho, and call for Shimʽon who is also called Kĕpha, who shall speak to you words, by which you shall be saved, you and all your house.’ “And as I began to speak, the Set-apart Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. “And I remembered the word of the Master, how He said, ‘Yohanan indeed immersed in water, but you shall be immersed in the Set-apart Spirit.’ “So if Elohim gave them the SAME GIFT as He gave us when we believed on the Master יהושע Messiah, how was I able to withstand Elohim?” And having heard this, they were silent, and praised Elohim, saying, “THEN ELOHIM HAS INDEED GIVEN TO THE GENTILES ALSO REPENTANCE TO LIFE”

>>There you have it. The clarity and the meaning is beyond reproach; no hidden agenda, no abolishing Lev. 11. Not a peep about eating and unclean beast anywhere in the text. To read this otherwise IS to have an agenda, or a complete breakdown of comprehension in reading clear context.

1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

That IS SO COOL NOW and makes up what I am eating for dinner. A HUGE BLT. LOL Last night for supper I had bacon and eggs and toast with grape jelly with some nice orange juice Now I will use some of that simlous money and buy a nice pork roast and make it in the crock pot I even have some root beer to pour over it with some nice Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    That IS SO COOL NOW and makes up what I am eating for dinner. A HUGE BLT. LOL Last night for supper I had bacon and eggs and toast with grape jelly with some nice orange juice Now I will use some of that simlous money and buy a nice pork roast and make it in the crock pot I even have some root beer to pour over it with some nice Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
    Good for you. Enjoy while you can...I've shown what is in your future for doing such. You can lead a horse to His Living Water, but...
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    An emphatic NO !!!

Whatever the case, He is certainly allowing it to happen...but no concern for those in covenant with Him...

Virus or weapon? Makes no difference, according to YHUH!

Psa 91:3 For He delivers you from the snare of a trapper, From the destructive pestilence.

Isa 54:17 “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall prove wrong. This is the inheritance of the servants of יהוה, and their righteousness from Me,” declares יהוה.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful...

Terms and restrictions do apply: Be warned!

Psa 50:15 “And call upon Me in the day of distress – Let Me rescue you, and you esteem Me.”
    Psa 50:16 But to the wrong Elohim said, “What right have you to recite My laws, Or take My covenant in your mouth,
    Psa 50:17 “While you hated instruction And cast My Words behind you?

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

There is an analogy of "staying in your home" to Passover, Jesus being the Passover Lamb of God and this happening during Lent, Passover and Easter [Orthodox Easter was April 19]... and the analogy of Aryan Israelites leaving Egypt [with treasure/stimulus] for the Promise Land to leaving global Babylon for the New Jerusalem !!

There is also an analogy of God's anointed King Cyrus' stealth conquest of ancient Babylon [which is symbolized in the book of Revelation in Rev 16 and Rev 19.] According to ancient Greek historian Xenophon, after Cyrus' stealth invasion of Babylon, Babylonians were commanded to stay in their homes or they might be killed while Cyrus' troops finished conquering and securing the city [and the empire!]

Ah yes the Book Of Rev. Get out of the past and all that doom and gloom and live in the present time that was as lone time ago and does not represent what is going on today. And besides you are all wet in the first place and a nut. and a fraud and a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

There is an analogy of "staying in your home" to Passover, Jesus being the Passover Lamb of God and this happening during Lent, Passover and Easter [Orthodox Easter was April 19]... and the analogy of Aryan Israelites leaving Egypt [with treasure/stimulus] for the Promise Land to leaving global Babylon for the New Jerusalem !!

There is also an analogy of God's anointed King Cyrus' stealth conquest of ancient Babylon [which is symbolized in the book of Revelation in Rev 16 and Rev 19.] According to ancient Greek historian Xenophon, after Cyrus' stealth invasion of Babylon, Babylonians were commanded to stay in their homes or they might be killed while Cyrus' troops finished conquering and securing the city [and the empire!]

Your Pal is waiting for you
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

A w e s o m e !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Ah yes the Book Of Rev. Get out of the past and all that doom and gloom and live in the present time that was as lone time ago and does not represent what is going on today. And besides you are all wet in the first place and a nut. and a fraud and a fake.
    You do know that the book of revelation started at the time of our Lord and Saviors walk on earth, and ends into eternity, right?
    'The revelation of Jesus Christ'
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."