Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
She may have been freed from jail, but not her prison. Not as long as there are government thugs like those cops who arrested her for no crime, and that "judge" who locked her up.
No, the term free does not apply.
She should take some of her new found wealth and sue those bastards, all of them for violating her constitutional rights, and be sure that they pay personally.
She's not off the hook by any means.

The Texas supremes issued a writ of habeas corpus, demanding she be released on her own personal bond.

Keep in mind ... she was not thrown in jail because she broke quarantine. She was thrown in jail for contempt of court ex facie. Charges were not dropped. She was delivered from jail on the writ of habeas corpus. Essentially they let her out on her own personal bond.

She was issued a court order and she decided to publicly tear it up and defy the court.

Good for her, but I bet you 10 ways to Sunday it's not over. The court is the court. Their entire system is based upon the authority of the court to compel you. Are they going to make an exception to that when public opinion doesn't go their way? Maybe. I'll be shocked though. They make her jump through a series of palatable hoops to appease the mob, but I really doubt they just drop the whole thing.

AND ... let's take a long look at this for a moment. Why is the mob only going after the Democrat judge? Tribalism? Republican governor issued the unconstitutional stay-at-home order that started the whole thing. From the judge's perspective, wasn't he just supporting the governor?

There's a LOT of tyrants involved in this. Let's not just fixate on that judge. There's the governor. The courts. The police who enforced the order, etc.