Biden's Latest Virtual Event Was the Worst One Yet

Bronson Stocking
Posted: May 07, 2020 9:10 PM

Source: YouTube/Screenshot

Surely there must be some plausible explanation for all the technical glitches during Biden's Tampa rally on Thursday. Perhaps the Biden team was distracted after more evidence emerged substantiating Tara Reade's accusation that former Senator Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.

It was 40 minutes into the rally before Biden finally appeared, propped against a wall, not moving and donning aviator sunglasses.
"Did they introduce me?" Biden asked. "Am I on?"

"Did they introduce me? Am I on?" Joe Biden asks at the start of his Virtual Rally in Tampa, FL. pic.twitter.com/vx8BEdF9bb
— Francis Brennan (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@FrancisBrennan) May 7, 2020

Viewers described the rally as unwatchable and often reported seeing a black screen in lieu of any rally. Even when the video feed was working, it was unbearable to watch. The feeds of various guests were awkwardly and painfully delayed. Tampa Bay Times reporter Kirby Wilson described it "as if they were transmitting from Afghanistan, not Tampa Bay." The audio was also unlistenable. There was no audio for several minutes, and it came across as garbled throughout the virtual event.

Can you get through this painfully awkward 27 seconds ?? from Joe Biden's glitch-filled "virtual rally" without wincing? pic.twitter.com/z0ZT7zHtoH
— Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) May 7, 2020

The screens gone dark for a few minutes now at the Biden "virtual rally in Tampa" and over 500 viewers have left. pic.twitter.com/JRnNrKOG2q
— Nick Corasaniti (@NYTnickc) May 7, 2020

And of course when the audio and video weren't failing, Joe Biden was. Here's the candidate confusing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

Within a minute, Joe Biden TWICE confuses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) with the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)

He's not playing with a full deck, folks pic.twitter.com/p40qJv7rqY
— Kyle Martinsen - Text TRUMP to 88022 (@KyleMartinsen_) May 7, 2020

Maybe the strategy was to prevent gaffes by making it harder to hear what Biden was actually saying.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...e-yet-n2568433