Thread: Another Frost last night

Default Another Frost last night

I'm sure I'll soon be seeing the headline "Warmest May Ever" splashed around the liberal press, as we suffered through yet another mid May frost in CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

We had a hard freeze Saturday morning with the local temp at 26*.

Been here almost 14 years, never seen a frost in MAY, must be global warming is all I can say.
    Whats next? Snow in June?

A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    I'm sure I'll soon be seeing the headline "Warmest May Ever" splashed around the liberal press, as we suffered through yet another mid May frost in CENTRAL KENTUCKY.

We had a hard freeze Saturday morning with the local temp at 26*.

Been here almost 14 years, never seen a frost in MAY, must be global warming is all I can say.
    Whats next? Snow in June?

Ive heard its the solar minimum causing it.

I personally think the poles have shifted around.

Either way, things have changed weatherwise.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_0126 View Post
    Ive heard its the solar minimum causing it.
    I suspect that’s a factor. But last year we had a freeze April 29th.. This year it’s 2 weeks later.
    The change is progressing, and it’s not “warming”. At least not near here.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Last night was not so bad but we are looking at the next 3-4 days of having hard freezes overnight...Pretty normal for here , I usually wait until right around Memorial day to plant anything that is susceptible. That is just nuts down in Kentucky for sure.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Won't know until Wednesday about my cabbage and cauliflower but the peach tree's blossoms all got cooked.
    But, the apple seems to be holding on
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Saying here is 'never put those vegies in the ground till after mothers day'. We had 35 lastnight. 87 expected thursday high of 48 today,monday.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Frost for Kentucky in May!! Condolences are in order. My brother in Birmingham says, except for the tornado alerts, the current weather in the Magic City is not too bad. In the upper Midwest, even with incessant 20's and 30's lows, I'm pretty sure my wood pile is hefty enough to last until next winter.