Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Word About the Current Chaos in Prices and Inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post

I certainly did NOT get the $1200 , not even close .

As a producer it was deemed that I made too much...so in a way it is welfare as somebody LIKE ME has to pay for it down the road in the form of more taxes.

And before yo say it is just people getting there tax money back...no...I paid somewhere in excess of $48,000 in taxes...why can't I get mine back? Instead I am stuck paying for slackers like you.

Isn't PA [where you live] a high tax state ??

I purposefully control my income so it is just enough to live comfortably [and debt free]...
    but low enough I'm not required to pay much tax [no state income tax here in Texas.]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? Getting SS is NOT welfare. I worker and Paid Into it.
    And EVERYONE got this 1200 sent to them, and that is NOT welfare either, you are so far out of your mind in thinking this is welfare I feel Sorry For YOU And may also get more in the future ... Welfare No Way it is what one has to do to get this economy back up and running is BUY THINGS~! Wow what is the world are some here thinking these days? I am really sad that there are some like that, that can't see the difference between getting Welfare, and their fair share although it isn't much but SS is not Welfare, also I have never been on welfare either.. LOL But laugh if you will at some that are looking out for themselves in this trying time.
    I normally would let this slide, but today, I have learned of my 2019 tax liability. I'm in a really pissy mood and have no patience for your peacocking about your government provided goodies.

Above and in past posts, you have bragged about your Obama phone, your SNAP benefits and each govt program that supports your very existence. A man of honor would shut his mouth and maybe extend a thank you to those of us who provide for you. You are a Welfare Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by awitness View Post
    I normally would let this slide, but today, I have learned of my 2019 tax liability. I'm in a really pissy mood and have no patience for your peacocking about your government provided goodies.

Above and in past posts, you have bragged about your Obama phone, your SNAP benefits and each govt program that supports your very existence. A man of honor would shut his mouth and maybe extend a thank you to those of us who provide for you. You are a Welfare Queen.
    He's doing it because he gets a rise out of people. That's his only purpose here. Deprive him of it.

Here's an interesting posit I don't understand ...

A neighbor is a single mother of 5 (4 different daddies). She has not worked "on the books" anywhere for over 12 years, by her admission. She lives in a rental property whose rent the government pays. She receives full food stamp benefits, plus the gas stipend (which assumably covers all the trips to look for work she isn't looking for), and then another cash stipend from somewhere else. Her children are in public school where they (because she lives in poverty) get free lunches and breakfasts. During the pandemic, while the schools are shut down, the school district is so worried about the poor wee bairns not getting fed, that they have been collecting food donations and volunteers have been delivering ready made meals for lunches and breakfasts to her house, for her children!

I was mowing along the bar ditch in front of my property and she approached to chat casually and informed me that SHE had received her $1200 government check for the shutdown. She asked what I was going to spend mine on. She literally hadn't any idea that everyone didn't get this money.

She asked why I didn't get one. I told her, "Because I work for a living."

She blankly looked at me and asked, "Why?"

And frankly, since watching all the giant handouts and the trillions flying out the door to everyone BUT those who work ... I don't have a good answer to that question anymore.

The funny thing (and not in a good way) is that everything (including your body) is valued in "Money".
    Yet for all that, money it self has zero value.
    Money in all its forms has value only within your own mind and not in reality.
    The Bloodline Nobility Class (the "Deep State" meme is to misdirect from truth) that rules the world is going to control what the prices of everything is going to be.
    Don't worry.
    Be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by awitness View Post

I have to agree, carrying the slackers is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post
    I have to agree, carrying the slackers is getting old.
    Ah yes yet another one that seem to think just because a person is on SS and has PAID in for many years, they are not justified in getting those extra that so many INCLUDING THEM have paid into the government over the years. FINE feel that way, I don't give a rip. i earned it I am taking it, simple as that. And oh ya my FS is like 16 bucks a month TRY and make that last a MONTH. LOL. And a Obama phone which I only use and take with me if I drive some place in case of a emergency. So what..... Why shouldn't I take advantage of a cell phone after all those years of PAYING TAXES in. And Being Single and not buying a house for a mortgage to DEDUCT from taxes by having those legal deductions one has to file a itemized tax return. I Could NOT do That. No deductions nothing. So I PAID Plenty of taxes being single, cause I NEVER had enough deductions to itemize. But I BET YOU DO. So go take your crying eyes to someone else who gives a damn, cause I am looking out for Number One ME.
    And as am getting older now those TINY EXTRAS do help when one ONLY gets a little over 1200 a month on SS. So take your sympathy for a person that agrees with your libertarian stance on things. LOL Go to the center and the entire country including your life would be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    He's doing it because he gets a rise out of people. That's his only purpose here. Deprive him of it.
    You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus;
    an interesting posit I don't understand ...

A neighbor is a single mother of 5 (4 different daddies). She has not worked "on the books" anywhere for over 12 years, by her admission. She lives in a rental property whose rent the government pays. She receives full food stamp benefits, plus the gas stipend (which assumably covers all the trips to look for work she isn't looking for), and then another cash stipend from somewhere else. Her children are in public school where they (because she lives in poverty) get free lunches and breakfasts. During the pandemic, while the schools are shut down, the school district is so worried about the poor wee bairns not getting fed, that they have been collecting food donations and volunteers have been delivering ready made meals for lunches and breakfasts to her house, for her children!

I was mowing along the bar ditch in front of my property and she approached to chat casually and informed me that SHE had received her $1200 government check for the shutdown. She asked what I was going to spend mine on. She literally hadn't any idea that everyone didn't get this money.

She asked why I didn't get one. I told her, "Because I work for a living."

She blankly looked at me and asked, "Why?"

And frankly, since watching all the giant handouts and the trillions flying out the door to everyone BUT those who work ... I don't have a good answer to that question anymore.
    It is disheartening to see the state of our fellow man. In my mind it's either from a state of hopelessness or the result of generational training. My nature has not deteriorated to the point where I can willingly participate. I'm torn between cheering on the destruction of the current paradigm or fighting through to hold some resemblance of liberty. Regardless, the entire system is in the midst of transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    Ah yes yet another one that seem to think just because a person is on SS and has PAID in for many years, they are not justified in getting those extra that so many INCLUDING THEM have paid into the government over the years. FINE feel that way, I don't give a rip. i earned it I am taking it, simple as that. And oh ya my FS is like 16 bucks a month TRY and make that last a MONTH. LOL. And a Obama phone which I only use and take with me if I drive some place in case of a emergency. So what..... Why shouldn't I take advantage of a cell phone after all those years of PAYING TAXES in. And Being Single and not buying a house for a mortgage to DEDUCT from taxes by having those legal deductions one has to file a itemized tax return. I Could NOT do That. No deductions nothing. So I PAID Plenty of taxes being single, cause I NEVER had enough deductions to itemize. But I BET YOU DO. So go take your crying eyes to someone else who gives a damn, cause I am looking out for Number One ME.
    And as am getting older now those TINY EXTRAS do help when one ONLY gets a little over 1200 a month on SS. So take your sympathy for a person that agrees with your libertarian stance on things. LOL Go to the center and the entire country including your life would be better off.

Given your education level and your challenges with logic and reasoning, I'm betting you have earned very little over your lifetime and paid even less, if anything into SS. At $1200 a month, the american taxpayer got squared with you after month 18. So, yeah, you are a slacker living off of other peoples' hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post
    Given your education level and your challenges with logic and reasoning, I'm betting you have earned very little over your lifetime and paid even less, if anything into SS. At $1200 a month, the american taxpayer got squared with you after month 18. So, yeah, you are a slacker living off of other peoples' hard work.
    Well thats the the system is supposed to work. And is doing so just fine. And You Know what I am really making out good. I retired for health reason at the age of 54. Went SSDI right away. and Medicare 2 years later...
    I am now 70. LOL So cool I am now getting paid more but then the system is made that way now isn't it. Not welfare but that was what SS was started for in the first place way back in 1935. Oh and BTW from age 54 till I turned 65 the Money I was getting from being on SSDI was coming OUT OF THE SS INSURANCE FUND. When I turned 65 I am NOW getting Paid out of the General Fund of SS Don't forget that little tid bit. So Up until 5 years ago I was NOT getting money from the General Funds but now I am. LOL

For thousands of years - through almost all of the history of mankind really - there was no such thing as "retirement". It is a relatively recent construct (past 100 years) of the industrialists and FDR cronies meant to move men into the factories and mines. In essence, it was an inducement meant to fool men into acceptance of slavery. What's more, they [industrialists] did not even have to foot the bill for their evil, but genius design. They passed the bill for pensions and government programs onto future generations of workers and taxpayers.

For the most part, this nonsense is constrained to man's world, however, and is mostly an annoyance to those forced to foot the bill. How we react to it has consequences, though, and in this regard and of of infinitely more importance, is the fact that not working e.g. "retirement" goes against the very will of God for his People:

1 Timothy 5:8

8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Colossians 3:23

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

Ephesians 4:28

28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

Galatians 6:4-5

4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,
    5 for each one should carry their own load.

Psalm 90:17

17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.

Proverbs 13:4

4 A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

Proverbs 12:24

24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

Proverbs 14:23

23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Work, and its importance to man and his spiritual journey is a very well addressed topic in the Bible. The above scripture is only a small sample devoted to the topic. There is much to learn in there for the believer and non-believer alike.