Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barr says he does not expect criminal investigation of Obama or Biden

Default Barr says he does not expect criminal investigation of Obama or Biden

Barr says he does not expect criminal investigation of Obama or Biden as result of Durham probe

Brooke Singman1 hour ago
    AG Bill Barr provides an update into the deadly Pensacola shooting where gunman Mohammed Alshamrani killed three America sailors

Attorney General Bill Barr said Monday he does not expect U.S. Attorney John Durham’s review into the origins of the Russia probe will lead to a “criminal investigation” of either former President Barack Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden -- while noting that their concern of “potential criminality” in the conduct of that probe is “focused on others.”
    Barr, during a press conference otherwise focused on the December 2019 shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola, spoke at length about the Durham investigation. He said he has a “general idea” of how the investigation is going and confirmed that “some aspects are being investigated as potential crimes.”
    TRUMP WEIGHS IN ON UNMASKING
    Barr did say, however, that “not every abuse of power, no matter how outrageous, is necessarily a federal crime.”
    “As for President Obama and Vice President Biden, whatever their level of involvement based on what I know, I don’t expect Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr said. “Our concern of potential criminality is focused on others.”
    Video

This comes after both Obama and Biden -- the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee -- have faced heightened criticism from Republicans for any potential role in the early stages of the probe. Trump last week even calledfor Obama to be summoned to testify before Congress.
    The politically explosive environment -- bringing the country into uncharted territory, with a former president accused by critics of involvement in a political probe related to his eventual successor, and the sitting president now essentially calling for retribution against his predecessor -- has built ever since the DOJ moved to dismiss its case against Michael Flynn.

Barr and the DOJ cited problems with the FBI's interview with the Trump national security adviser in deciding to back away from the prosecution on the charge of lying to investigators. New documents, meanwhile, indicated Obama was at least aware of the details of Flynn's intercepted December 2016 phone calls with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, that were a subject of that fateful interview. Then, a list was released of Obama-era officials involved in seeking to "unmask" what turned out to be Flynn's name in intelligence reports.
    Both Biden and Obama's chief of staff were among the officials involved in those requests.
    Trump last week insisted Obama was involved in an unspecified "crime," and continued to rail against the Obama administration in interviews.
    But Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham was later reluctant to go along with Trump's demand that Obama be called to testify.
    "As to the Judiciary Committee, both presidents are welcome to come before the committee and share their concerns about each other. If nothing else it would make for great television. However, I have great doubts about whether it would be wise for the country,” he said in a statement last week.

Barr expressed similar reservations on Monday, making clear he's concerned about potential wrongdoing during the Russia probe while also stressing that this process should not be a vehicle for retribution.

He said “this will not be and cannot be a tit-for-tat exercise,” noting that “the only way to break away from a dual system of justice” is to “ensure we scrupulously apply” the same system to both sides of the aisle.
    Barr maintained that “in the past few decades, there have been increasing attempts to use the criminal justice system as a political weapon,” using “the flimsiest of legal theories.” Barr said that is “not a good development. It is not good for our political life. It is not good for our criminal justice system.”
    Barr said that, so long as he is attorney general “the criminal justice system will not be used for partisan, political ends.”
    Barr said the nation is divided and it's “critical that we have an election where the American people are allowed to make a decision—a choice—between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden based on a robust debate of policy issues.”

He added: “We cannot allow this process to be hijacked by efforts to drum up criminal investigations of either candidate.” Barr said that “any effort to pursue an investigation of either candidate has to be approved by me.”
    He went on to make clear his dim view toward the Russia investigation that ended up targeting a number of Trump associates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-durham-probe

No surprise here at all...

if I hear one more person here tell me that Trump is doing the Lord’s work I will scream....

no one is going to jail...Barr is a complete joke...and so is Trump...
    Last edited by DontTreadonMe7; 05-18-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadonMe7 View Post
    No surprise here at all...

if I here one more person here tell me that Trump is doing the Lord’s work I will scream....

no one is going to jail...Barr is a complete joke...and so is Trump...
    I agree all smoke and mirrors for this administration..
    But we probably just didn’t read enough between the lines to understand what’s really going on..
    I am sick of the same crap you are man.

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

I know how this makes your heart hurt. Here's all I can say. If Trump gets re-elected, we've won. Period. He may do a lot of things in the second term that he couldn't in the first.

The Lord has LONG SLEEVES and who knows what all could be in them. It may not even involve Trump "doing the Lord's work"
    at all

Don't lose your faith over this. God has the last word, not Barr

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Put out the fire and call in the dogs
    this hunt is over
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

It may not even be necessary to criminally prosecute Biden or Obama. Let your imagination take you to the possible reasons . Just sayin’

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura19 View Post
    It may not even be necessary to criminally prosecute Biden or Obama. Let your imagination take you to the possible reasons . Just sayin’

If I would be prosecuted for doing "it" then they should be prosecuted for doing "it" else the rule of law means nothing
    JMO YMMV
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Why should the Blood Line British Nobility decedents investigate each other?
    Yes. O'Bummer is white by blood from the Dunum (spelling may be in error) Family.
    While President, O'Bummer was blood cousins with at least 44 Senators.
    ALL Presidents can trace their genealogy back to King John.
    Yes. We are still ruled by British Nobility.

Here is another thing to chew on.
    Slaves have rights granted by the Rulers.
    The Nobility Ruling Class have privileges just by being of the Blood Line.
    The English language we speak is legally refereed to as "Dog Latin".
    We do not know the meaning of the terms of our language.
    Old dictionary's and older legal dictionary's are the only way to learn about the English language.
    Until we do, we will continue to be flucked.

Like Gowdy Barr and Trump talk the talk but not much else...Remember all those lock her up chants at rallies..
    That says enough..

Hillary is blood cousins to Trump also.
    it is all in the Family.
    It may not matter to we of the Peasant Class.
    They value their genealogy more than their wealth.