Thread: Portals and the end times

Default Portals and the end times

I was watching the latest episode of Star Trek Picard.

Yesterdays episode involves a weapon that involves a portal.

I’ve also noticed that Marvel movies have stories involving portals as well.

Its strange but I think we will have more hollywood movie/tv shows involving this.

What are your thoughts?

It takes too much energy to travel great distances fast enough through "Space".
    Interdimensional travel is far more likely.
    It may be more predictive programing.

Anybody watch the "La Brea" series? It is based on the idea of time travel....etc. Weird and bad acting, but entertaining. I think the Tower of Babel involved the idea that they thought they had discovered a "portal"... Apparently, God didn't approve.

Interdimensional travel is unprovable nonsense, and is just a literary device to create impossible stories. Sometimes the stories are pretty good "what if..." type-of-thing, but it seems to be devolving into showing OUR universe sucks in some way-or-other and that other ones are better.

In "another universe" you're not just a dweeb, but an important person!

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Sinclair View Post
    Interdimensional travel is unprovable nonsense, and is just a literary device to create impossible stories. Sometimes the stories are pretty good "what if..." type-of-thing, but it seems to be devolving into showing OUR universe sucks in some way-or-other and that other ones are better.

In "another universe" you're not just a dweeb, but an important person!

Earl
    Pretty sure we don't even know how many dimensions there are in God's amazing creation. Nor, do we know how many heavens there are and where they might be located. Generally speaking, we humans don't know too much and you're right....we have big imaginations.

Best way they can explain away the Rapture,
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.