Thread: Marxists destroy historic statues in US/UK - Putin dedicates giant Bolshevik statue

Default Marxists destroy historic statues in US/UK - Putin dedicates giant Bolshevik statue

Looks like a giant scarecrow !!

" RZHEV, 30 June - The opening of the Rzhev Monument to the Soviet Soldier, which took place with the participation of presidents of Belarus and Russia Aleksandr Lukashenko and Vladimir Putin on 30 June...

... The memorial complex in memory of all the soldiers of the Great Patriotic War was erected on the site of bloody battles near Rzhev in Tver Oblast, 210km away from Moscow near Novorizhsky Highway. The bronze sculpture is 25 meters high and is set on a 10-meter hill...

... Construction of the memorial was completed in April, as it was originally planned. The dedication ceremony was scheduled for 9 May - the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War. However, due to the difficult epidemiological situation in Russia, the ceremony was postponed to a later date."

more at links

https://eng.belta.by/society/view/rz...e-131057-2020/

https://eng.belta.by/society/view/op...s-131401-2020/

Unveiling of the Rzhev Memorial to the Soviet Soldier

" President of Russia Vladimir Putin and President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko attended the ceremony to unveil the Rzhev Memorial to the Soviet Soldier."

June 30, 2020

" Vladimir Putin and Alexander Lukashenko laid flowers on the pedestal of the statue and honoured with a minute of silence the memory of soldiers who died in the battles near Rzhev in 1942–1943. The heads of the two states also addressed the veterans and participants in the unveiling ceremony.

After that the presidents of Russia and Belarus planted two fir-trees as part of the Memory Garden international event and visited a pavilion of the Central Museum of the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945. "

more at link

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/63585

Before this current kerfuffle, did anyone really pay any attention to the statues in parks?
    I know I haven't.
    I really do not care whether they are there or not.
    Do they really symbolize historical events or just glorify mans inhumanity to man?

Now that those monuments to war are threatened, people remember them.
    No war has ever been fought for the freedom of the general population and only shift power from one Ruling Family to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post

Now that those monuments to war are threatened, people remember them.

No war has ever been fought for the freedom of the general population and only shift power from one Ruling Family to another.

Putin is too busy playing with Stalin's tin soldiers and reliving WW2 to worry about ethnic Russians.

Putin reminds me of Russia's German Tsar, Peter III, in the movie, "Young Catherine" [that is, young 'Catherine the Great' the German princess who became ruler of all the Russias!] Like all movies, this one is not historically accurate. But in this specific movie, Putin reminds me of Peter who is always preoccupied with marching around his palace troops!