Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montana Ten Commandments Monument Torn Down

Default Montana Ten Commandments Monument Torn Down

Man uses pickup truck to tear down Montana Ten Commandments statue

Wed Jul 1, 2020

KALISPELL, Montana, July 1, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) - Police have arrested 30-year-old Anthony Weimer for pulling down a statue of the Ten Commandments outside Flathead County Courthouse in northeastern Montana.

"The Kalispell Police Department said calls came in on Saturday that a male was on the Flathead County Courthouse grounds, and appeared to be wrapping a chain around the Ten Commandments monument," reported the local NBC station. "Officials say those callers saw the man attach the chain to a pickup truck, and then pull the monument into the street. Police say the man reportedly removed the chain, then got into the truck and left the scene."

The officers were later able to find the truck used to tear down the statue, and then arrested the subject, who now faces a felony charge of criminal mischief.

more at link

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/mo...tue-vandalized

What's the point of a 10 Commandments anything? The Constitution allows me to break the 1st and 2nd, and the Gubbermint can't do diddly squat about it.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    What's the point of ....
    Why does there need to be a point?

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Why does there need to be a point?

O.W.
    Well, um, if some of the 10 Commandments can be broken, especially the first two, can be broken with impunity, what's the point of displaying them at all? Unless you think some sort of punishment should be meted out for said violations.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

Unless you think some sort of punishment should be meted out for said violations.
    Should?

They're Father's Commandments and all of them can be broken.
    As I understand these matters, there are consequences for breaking them intentionally or otherwise.

Some folk enjoy visual reminders of those things they revere. The statue didn't
    belong to the $h!tbird who pulled it down and he had no right to do so.

He wanted to make a statement ... his statement should be written in his own blood.

O.W.

OW: Good point about the consequences of breaking a law; whether intentionally or otherwise. Recalling the Law of Gravity which works for both... good and bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Should?

They're Father's Commandments and all of them can be broken.
    As I understand these matters, there are consequences for breaking them intentionally or otherwise.

O.W.
    As long as it's not the gubbermint meting out the consequences.

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

As long as it's not the gubbermint meting out the consequences.

God gave His people His laws TO BE ADMINISTERED by their GOVERNMENT !

When government does NOT administer God's laws, that is when the entire nation is collectively punished !

That should go double for Americans who pride themselves in voting for a government "of the people, by the people, for the people" !!

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    That should go double for Americans ....
    Double?

That would be extra, super, really bad ... imagine what triple might be like.

O.W.

Obviously the Biblically ignorant are not familiar with God's double portion of punishment [Isaiah 40:2, Jeremiah 16:18, Revelation 18:6.]