Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL to play ' black national anthem' before Week 1 games

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I thought the Black National Anthem was when Whitney Housten sang it at the superbowl in 1991. ...cuz that was the best version that I ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher1 View Post
    .... the ridiculous conclusion that a pull down was a noose!
    That weren't no conclusion, that were a decision to promote publicly as such ....

O.W.

At a stock car race tonight.
    Everyone stood for the anthem.
    Guy who won the feature has two cars.Ones mostly white ones black..
    Drove the white one tonight and when interviewed made a point to say he guesses white cars matter too..
    Jyst thought that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    That weren't no conclusion, that were a decision to promote publicly as such ....

O.W.
    And didn't you read what the owner did with that Noose????? He put it up on E Bay FOR SALE~!!!!!! And I guess most ALL sponsors DROPPED that race track like a hot potato~!!! Good For Them. And let it be known That track was NOT owned by NASCAR, but a one person entity~!

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    I guess if most of those players are black, they can have their anthem and symbols.
    I have not watched any of those reindeer games in ages and have no plans of watching any in the future.
    I have better ways to waste my time.
    Boycotted the NFL after the take a knee BS, but came back for about 6 games last season, as they seemed to get a little more patriotic. No more! I am pretty much done with all pro sports, and college football is not even exciting me anymore. I look forward to increased time in my garden, prepping and spending time at the range. Priority is spending time with grandkids to undue the propaganda they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    And didn't you read what the owner did with that Noose????? He put it up on E Bay FOR SALE~!!!!!!

No, I didn't read this Hoppy ... did you win the auction? That'll likely be a museum piece some day.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    No, I didn't read this Hoppy ... did you win the auction? That'll likely be a museum piece some day.

O.W.
    I guess it was on FB not E Bay.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...01vfje5iva7rjb
    311 Speedway is a half-mile dirt track located just off highway 311 in the north-central portion of the state.
    The Journal reported Saturday that 311 Speedway had lost a couple partnerships in the wake of Fulp's post — one from a concrete company and the other from a driver series.

I love Football. I will not be watching this year or maybe ever. I am a 73 year old viet nam vet that spent his working life as a supermarket meat cutter. I refuse to watch a bunch of overpaid spoiled elitist men complain about how they are being discriminated against while making millions of $$$ a year while disrespecting my Flag. I hope nobody watches and all these athletes go broke and have to work like most Americans have to work. They can all go to hell as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    I love Football. I will not be watching this year or maybe ever. I am a 73 year old viet nam vet that spent his working life as a supermarket meat cutter. I refuse to watch a bunch of overpaid spoiled elitist men complain about how they are being discriminated against while making millions of $$$ a year while disrespecting my Flag. I hope nobody watches and all these athletes go broke and have to work like most Americans have to work. They can all go to hell as far as I am concerned.
    Did you read that Disnel just signed a deal with Kep? To tell His Side of the story. LOL What a putz

.Disney announces first-look deal with Colin Kaepernick, focusing on race and social injustice

The Walt Disney Company today announced an overall first-look deal with Colin Kaepernick’s production arm Ra Vision Media. The partnership will focus on telling scripted and unscripted stories that explore race, social injustice and the quest for equity, and will provide a new platform to showcase the work of Black and Brown directors and producers. The first-look deal will extend across all Walt Disney Platforms including Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Hulu, Pixar, and The Undefeated. Kaepernick will work closely with The Undefeated, which is expanding its portfolio across Disney, to develop stories from the perspective of Black and Brown communities.
    Additionally, the first project coming out of this partnership would be a docuseries about the last five years of Kaepernick’s life. Notably, former ESPN personality Jemele Hill is attached as a producer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ce/ar-BB16oJY9