Thread: Germany: Thousands protest against coronavirus restrictions

Default Germany: Thousands protest against coronavirus restrictions

Coronavirus: Thousands protest in Germany against restrictions

1 August 2020

Thousands of people in the German capital Berlin have taken part in a protest against the country's coronavirus restrictions.

Demonstrators said measures including the wearing of facemasks violated their rights and freedoms.

Police broke up the protest, saying organisers had not respected coronavirus hygiene regulations.

Germany has been less badly affected by the pandemic than some European countries, but cases are rising.

On Friday it recorded more than 900 new cases and seven deaths.

Officials say about 20,000 people attended the Berlin protest on Saturday.

Organisers had declared it a "day of freedom" from months of coronavirus restrictions.

Demonstrators held up banners featuring such slogans as "Corona, false alarm" and "We are being forced to wear a muzzle".

The BBC's Damien McGuinness said some participants were from the far right and some were conspiracy theorists who do not believe Covid-19 exists, but others were ordinary people who simply object to the government's approach to the pandemic.

more at link

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53622797

Are they saying the flu kills more people every year? You don't hear that much in the US anymore even though a lot of people were posting it on TTOL.

I know there are small protest here in the United States unfortunately they get no air time from the mainstream media,Maybe we should all move to Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    I know there are small protest here in the United States unfortunately they get no air time from the mainstream media,Maybe we should all move to Germany
    Good luck getting there. Most the world built a wall because when America sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bring those problems with them. They’re bringing disease. They’re bringing corruption. And some, I assume, are good people.

Mexico, Brazil, Croatia, Serbia, Rwanda, Albania, Macedonia, Tanzania, Turkey, Dubai, Ukraine, and tourist islands are the only ones who consider a US passport more than toilet paper.
    https://www.traveloffpath.com/countr...ican-tourists/

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    Good luck getting to Germany on an American passport. Most the world built a wall because when America sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bring those problems with them. They’re bringing disease. They’re bringing corruption. And some, I assume, are good people,
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/640/1*pvHYuvfowoAAgAbngIMjKg.png[/IMG]

Well i assume you have no problem with our borders being closed also then,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    Well i assume you have no problem with our borders being closed also then,,,
    GOOD FOR THAT. Close our boarders while this country gets its act together and people working again.

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    Are they saying the flu kills more people every year? You don't hear that much in the US anymore even though a lot of people were posting it on TTOL.

Try counting Flu deaths the same as you do Covid and hold my beer.......................

Check out the draconian quarantine mandates in the state of Victoria, Australia:

Victorian Lockdown Sequel
    Worse than the Original

August 2, 2020

Victorian Premier Dan Andrews this afternoon declared a state of disaster as Victoria's coronavirus curve of new cases and deaths continues to fluctuate. This now ushers in further unprecedented restrictions on our way of life.

State of Disaster Measures

It is being referred by Andrews and the media as level four lockdown. The most disturbing draconian aspects of these new lockdown restrictions are a nightly curfew of 8pm except for work and seeking medical care or caregiving, daily exercise limited to 1 hour per day, and a 5km travel limit on purchasing essentials (you can only shop on your own now) and undertaking exercise (strict limit of two people).

Victoria's state of disaster will be enforced under powers granted to the state government under the Emergency Management Act 2013. Under this act declaring a state of "disaster" instead of an "emergency" is deemed necessary because "government has broken down" and therefore it is necessary to "override civil rights".

Some of the extreme powers from a disaster declaration is that anyone in Victoria can be arrested and held without trial. "Authorised officers" can be appointed to enforce lockdown measures and don't need warrants for search and entry have no restrictions on their powers. The courts are also banned from hearing legal challenges to any action under the Emergency Management Act.

This new state of disaster and associated restrictions has been enacted to last six weeks until September 13. This makes Victoria's lockdown sequel much worse than the original. The path to this Stage 4 lockdown began with the 10 hotspot postcode stage 3 lockdown on July 2, the Greater Melbourne and Mitchell Shire stage 3 lockdown on July 9. The face-covering mandate in in the same area came into effect July 23 representing stage 3.5. Rural and regional Victoria including Geelong still remains under stage 3 lockdown.

However, Victoria's stage 4 is still different from that of New Zealand's stage four. There will be no further business closures in Melbourne of places such as Bunnings, Kmart, JB Hi-Fi, McDonalds or KFC, but they will all be forced to close by 8pm. All schooling will now return to remote learning and childcare only open for essential workers. Golf and fishing are banned again. Andrews has said he will announce stage four lockdown workplace arranngements tommorrow.

more at link

https://www.theunshackled.net/rundow...-the-original/

So do you think this kind of lockdown will happen in the US this fall?
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.