Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have Family Members who are shaking in thier Boots...

Masks are a conspiracy to fog up my eyeglasses!
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

I have two large original books published in the 1860s of Confederate war poetry. The poems were written by average Confederate citizens and published in Confederate newspapers during the civil war. Like the poem I previously quoted here, the vast majority of the poems say Confederates are fighting for freedom and very few even mention slavery unless they are referring to Yankees trying to enslave Southerners !!

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

I have two large original books published in the 1860s of Confederate war poetry. The poems were written by average Confederate citizens and published in Confederate newspapers during the civil war. Like the poem I previously quoted here, the vast majority of the poems say Confederates are fighting for freedom and very few even mention slavery unless they are referring to Yankees trying to enslave Southerners !!
    Yankees enslaving Southerners? By stopping Southerners from enslaving Black people? Well, isn't that a prime example of hypocrisy!
    It's been said by many that Abe Lincoln was a tyrant. For some I can understand their reasoning. Only the most evil and despicable of tyrants would deny to Good, White Christian Southerners all the pleasures and profits that comes from tyrannizing Black people.
    Last edited by Bezukhov; 08-05-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: addendum
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

. For some I can understand their reasoning. Only the most evil and despicable of tyrants would deny to Good, White Christian Southerners all the pleasures and profits that comes from tyrannizing Black people.

I'm not sure you realize that the USA did not end slavery until after the civil war was over. Lincoln's "Emancipation Proclamation" was only war propaganda because it only applied to slaves in Confederate states who he had no legal control over.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson and many other US presidents owned slaves.

Maybe you should join Antifa who also hates all "racist" White American history!

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    "...the oppression that was forced on White Southerners..."

Another word for that is Karma.

Very uninformed and ignorant statement.