Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lids

I am starting to notice canning jars coming back to the stores in my area (Texas). I went to two grocery stores today and both had a decent supply of quarts and pints – wide mouth and regular.

Neither store had lids. Hopefully, lids will be in the stores soon.

Finally starting to see lids in my local stores. They were pricey, but at least they have plenty.

12 count box of Ball regular mouth lids were $2.99.

12 count box of Ball wide mouth lids were $4.99.

Last week I FINALLY found some regular mouth lids at the store. Then a couple days ago I hit the jackpot when there were wide mouth lids! I was so happy I decided to have a "dramatic moment" and right there in the store pretended to weep for joy over having found the long awaited wide mouth lids. I guess my acting was pretty good because a nice young lady stopped to ask if I was ok.LOL
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

LOL, Good job, Elijah Gunn! I wonder if I pretend to weep for joy over finding lids, a nice young man will ask me if I am all right? Laugh.

I am still finding lids here and there, at various stores. But for some reason, most of the stores seem to have only wide mouth, and no regular mouth.

I'll take what I can get. I have plenty of jars in both sizes.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    https://canninglids.com/shop/

My order ought to be arriving any day now.

O.W.
    So how did they do for you, O.W.? I used some of my "COVID money" to put in an order to Harvest Guard, and have been using the reusable lids. I seem to have about 1 out of every 5 not seal, but that's probably my fault. There is a bit of a learning curve with these lids. For one thing, you are supposed to tighten the rings after canning and then let the jars sit for 24 hours -- rather than 12 hours -- before moving the jars.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20