Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump 'wanted Julian Assange executed' but now hopes to 'keep him quiet in jail'

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I can think of two instances that a third party vote helped the republicans.
    Don't remember all the details.

Votes for the Green Party hurt Hillary in 2016.
    When Ralph Nader ran for President in the 60s (I think) it took enough dem voters away to elect the pub at the time.

In post #9 I didn't say anything about voting third party or imply it.
    Only that Libertarian/Constitutionalist doesn't fit Trump

You are correct in your summation Davy..As you know there is much about Trump I don't like man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I can see how the entire concept of free will would disturb you and your fantasy of control over others but really, the best response I have is to mute you. Byeeee!

Really Lenny didn't take you for a snowflake.

Well The Green Party Did NOT make the WI. ballot, and neither did Kanye West as he was Blocked From Wisconsin Ballot for Missing Deadline by 14 Seconds.~!!! LOL
    That's great, Hoppy.
    Now take your meds and go back to sleep
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    What would happen if everyone voted for just 3rd party.
    Not gonna matter Echo.

The cancer (aka government) is so far advance, so deeply rooted, any true champion of "wee the people" would quickly be absorbed or die of natural causes.

There is only one True Savior. Until wee collectively embrace Him ... we're on our own.

General quarters!

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I can think of two instances that a third party vote helped the republicans.
    Don't remember all the details.

Votes for the Green Party hurt Hillary in 2016.
    When Ralph Nader ran for President in the 60s (I think) it took enough dem voters away to elect the pub at the time.

In post #9 I didn't say anything about voting third party or imply it.
    Only that Libertarian/Constitutionalist doesn't fit Trump

True enough. The third party vote (Ross Perot) also cost Bush the election in 1992, or vice versa depending on how you look at it.

On another note, I am one that is guilty of voting third party for my own good. For example, I have never voted for anyone named George Bush..lol. However, we should all remember that the Repubs fought tooth and nail not to give the nomination to DJT. In 2016, he was for all intents, a third party candidate.

The third party vote (Ross Perot) also cost Bush the election in 1992, or vice versa depending on how you look at i
    I agree, Mountainbear.
    My only point was that 3rd party votes don't always go one way.

Perhaps, you are right about Trump, sort of, being a 3rd party type candidate since there seems to be little chance of a viable 3rd party.

The Libertarian Party had a shot but continues to shoot themselves in the foot
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Not gonna matter Echo.

The cancer (aka government) is so far advance, so deeply rooted, any true champion of "wee the people" would quickly be absorbed or die of natural causes.

There is only one True Savior. Until wee collectively embrace Him ... we're on our own.

General quarters!

O.W.
    +1
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.

Here is what I know for sure. I cannot vote for the dems foolish attempt at civil war through gun control. I cannot vote for a cadre that will remove guns and then worry about due process later, as Trump said he believed, or anyone that funds abortion as he did with the first budget nonsense to get his military war machine, or, who wouldn't know constitution if it bit him in the backside. We can argue back and forth all day about what is coming with this vote or that vote, however without direct, divine intervention, we have been in decline for decades and arguably within two decades of the signing of the founders documents. Thinking that you can vote your way out of that at this point is delusional. To quote mmmm, crap I can't remember who but there is no one as blind as those who will not see! The tree is terribly dry, and with what I see even here never mind the avg voter, I no longer see a way that it will not wither and crumble to the dust of history. Just my 2cp worth and YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmouse View Post
    .... crap I can't remember who
    Google ain't your friend but can be helpful at times.

For fair utilage 'n such: https://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_...ages/1614.html

"There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know. The proverb has been traced back in English to 1546 (John Heywood), and resembles the Biblical verse quoted [(above)Jeremiah 5:21
    : : : Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:].

In 1738, it was used by Jonathan Swift in his 'Polite Conversation,' and is first attested in the United States in the 1713 'Works of Thomas Chalkley'...
    "

O.W.

Um . . . Ray Stevens? (@ 1:07 min.)

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.