Thread: New York CANCELS New Year's Eve Celebration

Default New York CANCELS New Year's Eve Celebration

Every year since 9-11, I've wondered if there would be another terrorist attack when the ball drops in NYC Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Ironically, this year the country and the planet have been under an asymmetric terrorist attack for months.

New York CANCELS New Year's Eve: World famous Times Square bash is canned for first time in 114 years amid COVID-19 fears - with celebrations replaced by 'virtual event' on app

" New York's Times Square will bid farewell to 2020 without the usual huddled masses jamming the streets on New Year's Eve officials have announced, amid fears that crowds could spread coronavirus.

The New Year's Eve celebration in Times Square is among the biggest in the world, typically drawing about a million people to the streets of midtown Manhattan, with more than a billion more tuning in on television.

But this year Times Square will be cordoned off by the NYPD on December 31st, with organizers instead planning a scaled-back, virtual event and an app where revelers can view the countdown remotely.

The Times Square Alliance, which runs the event, said only a very limited group of socially distanced people will be allowed into the square for broadcast purposes.

'There will be some socially distanced activities in Times Square but it's going to be primarily for a broadcast and streaming audience,' Tim Tompkins, President of the Times Square Alliance, told the New York Post. "

more at link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-virtual.html

Laura19 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Every year since 9-11, I've wondered if there would be another terrorist attack when the ball drops in NYC Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Ironically, this year the country and the planet have been under an asymmetric terrorist attack for months.

New York CANCELS New Year's Eve: World famous Times Square bash is canned for first time in 114 years amid COVID-19 fears - with celebrations replaced by 'virtual event' on app

" New York's Times Square will bid farewell to 2020 without the usual huddled masses jamming the streets on New Year's Eve officials have announced, amid fears that crowds could spread coronavirus.

The New Year's Eve celebration in Times Square is among the biggest in the world, typically drawing about a million people to the streets of midtown Manhattan, with more than a billion more tuning in on television.

But this year Times Square will be cordoned off by the NYPD on December 31st, with organizers instead planning a scaled-back, virtual event and an app where revelers can view the countdown remotely.

The Times Square Alliance, which runs the event, said only a very limited group of socially distanced people will be allowed into the square for broadcast purposes.

'There will be some socially distanced activities in Times Square but it's going to be primarily for a broadcast and streaming audience,' Tim Tompkins, President of the Times Square Alliance, told the New York Post. "

more at link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-virtual.html

Wow, it just keeps going and going. Thanks for letting us know!

THE END ISN'T NEAR.........IT'S HERE

The problem is not global warming – it is moral cooling.

Good deal. And I see lots of states including Wi is pretty much putting trick or treating at a stand still as well. Have fun do it virtually that is what they are saying in WI. Good I( never did this candy stuff for many years now so stopping this year is no big deal. I had my fun years ago when I brought my pony ini the house put sakes on him filled with candy and told the little ones just to reach in and grab a handful. This was taking place in my kitchen, and the kids loved it.~! But living right next to a cemetery and being the last house out of town and even past the last street light, I never got many Trick or Treaters anyway. LOL

But living right next to a cemetery and being the last house out of town and even past the last street light, I never got many Trick or Treaters anyway. LOL

location location location
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but the newspapers."
    Thomas Jefferson

Oh NO!
    You mean 2020 just keeps going?

Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

That two week lockdown seems awfully long
    They are forcing us into a financial disaster while saying it is all for our own safety.
    Bad things will come of this, they are flipping the monopoly board.