Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Earth to God"

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Dante's version of "hell" is not Biblical.

In the Bible, the wages of sin is death... NOT an eternal life of torment in Dante's fictional "hell."

In the Bible, the only immortality promised to faithful Israelites is their bodily resurrection from the grave of whom Jesus was the firstfruits. 1 Corinthians 15:20
    You missed the point. These races sinned because He created them. It was their fault that they were created in the first place, n'est-ce pas?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

You missed the point. These races sinned because He created them. It was their fault that they were created in the first place, n'est-ce pas?

You have no point.

Per the OT and NT [Isaiah 45:9, Romans 9:20-21] God is the potter and the clay has no right to question what God creates.

As I have posted on this forum before... from Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is a book about the God of Israel's special relationship with His chosen people, Israel, who God chose to be His special people above all other people of the earth. Over and over Israel is symbolically referred to as God's wife and Israelites are the sons and daughters of God. Foreign peoples/races are mentioned only when they interact with Israelites. In other words, the Bible is racist because the God of Israel is racist. Neither the OT nor the NT teaches "universalism".

You have no point.

Per the OT and NT [Isaiah 45:9, Romans 9:20-21] God is the potter and the clay has no right to question what God creates.

As I have posted on this forum before... from Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is a book about the God of Israel's special relationship with His chosen people, Israel, who God chose to be His special people above all other people of the earth. Over and over Israel is symbolically referred to as God's wife and Israelites are the sons and daughters of God. Foreign peoples/races are mentioned only when they interact with Israelites. In other words, the Bible is racist because the God of Israel is racist. Neither the OT nor the NT teaches "universalism".
    So why create them at all, then blame them for being created? If parents have a baby just so they can torture and persecute it, that's sick, right?

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

YOU are the SICK vessel of dishonor prepared for destruction !!

All I want to know is why your god would create thinking, sentient beings for the sole reason of making them suffer. Is that how He gets His rocks off?

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

Jesus is the God of Israel who incarnated to die as God's perfect sacrificial Lamb.

When resurrected Jesus returns, He will be God's Holy Warrior King, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

Good to hear you mention Jesus, for once. So, what is the number one job He gave us to do?

Do you know anybody by the name of Shemp by chance?

And do you do lighting bolts when you do destruction ?
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Sorry, all I could think of was "ground control to major Tom"
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

All I want to know is why your god would create thinking, sentient beings for the sole reason of making them suffer.

Is that why you are an atheist because your humanistic mind can only rationalize random meaningless suffering ?!

The Bible tells us... Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap [Galatians 6:7]

The Bible tells us... For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. [Romans 1:18]

The Bible tells us... I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless. [Isaiah 13:11]

The Bible tells us... But if you will not listen to Me and will not do all these commandments, if you spurn My statutes, and if your soul abhors My rules, so that you will not do all My commandments, but break My covenant, then I will do this to you: I will visit you with panic, with wasting disease and fever that consume the eyes and make the heart ache. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set My face against you, and you shall be struck down before your enemies. Those who hate you shall rule over you, and you shall flee when none pursues you. And if in spite of this you will not listen to Me, then I will discipline you again sevenfold for your sins. [Leviticus 26]

The Bible tells us... For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. [Romans 3:23]

The Bible tells us... The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Romans 6:23]

The Bible tells us... Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. [Revelation 3:19]

The Bible tells us... Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. [Psalm 30:5]

The Bible tells us... For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. [2 Corinthians 5:21]

The Bible tells us... He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed. [1 Peter 2:24]

The Bible tells us... If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you. [Romans 8:11]

If only White Christians will be saved, what was the purpose of creating non Whites, who will never be saved?

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel: