Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Stimulus ??

Stock market tanked today after Trump called off stimulus talks... but later he appeared to change his mind with two tweets...

In late-night tweets, Trump changes course on coronavirus relief talks

In a pair of late-night tweets, President Donald Trump, changed course on negotiating coronavirus relief that he had earlier announced he was calling off until after the election.

"The House & Senate should IMMEDIATELY Approve 25 Billion Dollars for Airline Payroll Support, & 135 Billion Dollars for Paycheck Protection Program for Small Business. Both of these will be fully paid for with unused funds from the Cares Act. Have this money. I will sign now!" he posted shortly before 10 p.m.

"If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?" he posted about 20 minutes later.

The late-night change came after a surprise announcement that he was calling off the talks with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19. We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith. I am rejecting their...... request, and looking to the future of our Country," Trump tweeted earlier on Tuesday.

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...... @senatemajldr Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment.....also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!" he said.

Financial markets dropped sharply on the news.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=73457680

Wow, even a Fox and Friends host thinks Mr Art of the Deal crashed and burned.

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade cast blame Wednesday on Donald Trump for killing stimulus talks after the president called off negotiations before bartering with himself on Twitter.

"For the president to come out with a tweet like that, with the markets still open, just crashed the market and cost people a lot of money," Kilmeade said on Wednesday's edition of "Fox & Friends." "You have 30,000 people who are about to lose their jobs and be furloughed through no fault of their own. The tourism industry — the hospitality industry has been destroyed. If you work in a hotel, you don't need me to tell you."

"I understand negotiating tactics, but not at this point. I actually think the president now has more pressure on him now than he had before his first tweet, because Nancy Pelosi clearly could turn around and say, 'It's not my fault. I was having talks,'" he said. "So it looks like the president is the one to blame now. I don't know how he has leverage."
    https://www.salon.com/2020/10/07/fox...-lot-of-money/

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post

Wow, even a Fox and Friends host thinks Mr Art of the Deal crashed and burned.

https://www.salon.com/2020/10/07/fox...-lot-of-money/

I saw that FOX news report this morning.

Not sure what Trump was thinking... but he may have a plan.

Trump wants a clean no-pork stimulus package... but has resistance from both parties.

Apparently, McConnell and other opposing GOP senators must be voted out for a stimulus to pass.

McConnell warns White House against making stimulus deal as Pelosi and Mnuchin inch closer

October 20, 2020

" McConnell’s attempted intervention came as Pelosi and Mnuchin continued negotiating over the roughly $2 trillion economic relief package. Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said the "conversation provided more clarity and common ground as they move closer to an agreement." But no deal can become law without McConnell's blessing, and his direct warning to the White House imperils the chances of any bill becoming law in the next two weeks. "

more at link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...imulus-pelosi/

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

Apparently, McConnell and other opposing GOP senators must be voted out for a stimulus to pass.

McConnell warns White House against making stimulus deal as Pelosi and Mnuchin inch closer

October 20, 2020

" McConnell’s attempted intervention came as Pelosi and Mnuchin continued negotiating over the roughly $2 trillion economic relief package. Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said the "conversation provided more clarity and common ground as they move closer to an agreement." But no deal can become law without McConnell's blessing, and his direct warning to the White House imperils the chances of any bill becoming law in the next two weeks. "

more at link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...imulus-pelosi/

How about stimulating us by putting America back to work...Free shit for all needs to end..

...opposing GOP Senators, it's another signal to his base. Doesn't help right now though.

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

BOTH SIDES are playing football with the second stimulus bill to push their own political agendas!

Reportedly, Repubs included $1.75 Billion for a new FBI headquarters in their covid stimulus bill.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...partisan-scorn
    I consider the building that they have now to be their "new" building.

Achilles' timely topic is interesting...

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...Capacity-Short

Trucking, Container Carriers, FedEx, UPS, Other Freight Firms Warn of "Capacity Shortage," Expect Americans to Keep Splurging Despite Jobs Crisis

October 19, 2020

Better produce a big-fat stimulus bill pronto and keep eviction bans and forbearance going, or else these companies will face economic reality....

... "The ships are 100% full. The containers are 100% full. You can’t get a container built. You can’t pick up a ship from the spot market. The whole container-shipping cycle is at absolutely full pulse," said Jeremy Nixon, CEO of Ocean Network Express, the world's fifth-largest container line, during an International Chamber of Shipping virtual event last week, cited by FreightWaves. October's ocean container market is "unbelievable," he said. “We are sold out.”

"Our job now is to keep the network going from an operational standpoint," he said. "The ports are getting jammed up now. We're starting to see bottlenecks in the supply chain. That's another challenge going into this winter."

Numerous US ports have reported the highest volume of containerized imports for any September, including the Port of Oakland (+10.6% year-over-year) and the Port of Los Angeles (+13.3% year-over-year)...

... "It is uncertain that consumers will buy all this stuff, or will get enough government stimulus and extra unemployment money to be able to buy all this stuff, but retailers are counting on it...

... Everything now depends on stimulus, extra unemployment benefits, eviction bans, foreclosure moratoriums, forbearance, and deferral programs that all rechannel funds into purchases of consumer goods, and a lot of these goods, or their components, are imported. Somebody better produce another big-fat stimulus bill and keep eviction bans and forbearance programs going, or else these companies will face economic reality. "

more at link

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/10/19/tr...e-jobs-crisis/

Meanwhile, lawmakers are bickering over a 'second stimulus' which may not happen.

And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her [Babylon],
    because no one buys their cargoes any more

Rev 18:11

Hopefully, these negotiations fall apart. We need another stimulus like another hole in the head. Bad idea that our grandchildren will have to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post

Hopefully, these negotiations fall apart. We need another stimulus like another hole in the head. Bad idea that our grandchildren will have to pay for.

Be sure to read my last post before your post...
    Achilles' interesting timely topic I quote and link...

No stimulus has consequences.