Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Stimulus ??

Bitcoin price hits new record high in these 7 countries
    OCT 22, 2020
    Bitcoin price hits a new record high in seven national currencies of 500 million people.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-hits-new-record-high-in-these-7-countries
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

DOW DOWN 650 points

Stocks tumble as Covid-19 cases surge and stimulus is nowhere to be found

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/inves...day/index.html

'Fire them all' - GOP governor rips Congress for inability to reach coronavirus stimulus deal

" New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu said on CNBC on Monday that Americans would "probably be a little better" off if every member of the House and Senate was replaced. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/26/gov-...f-impasse.html

I'll second the governor s call for a vote of no confidence,... Send them home and start over!

Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020

Still no stimulus = Dow down 943 points !!

https://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vita...otiations.aspx

Did You Know Bill Gates Is Part of the Stimulus Negotiations?

John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike n Ree View Post

Didn't know that... but it does not surprise me.

Gates appears to be a secret sinister power behind many thrones!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike n Ree View Post

So many bogeymen . . . Gates, Soros, Clinton . . . and as many on the other side of politics that don't get named here. They're all trying to kill us, rob us, destroy our very souls, but the child of God need not fear. God is good, all the time.

That info in the headline must be in the part of the article that you can't see unless you surrender your email address, or pay.

All I found is articles like Coronavirus stimulus is 'the best opportunity' to help get the world vaccinated: Bill Gates but there was nothing at any of those about Gates being a part of the actual, formal stimulus negotiations.

Vaccines are at least a year away no matter what they pass in this package but stimulus can save lives today. Families have permanently lost jobs and are near the end of state unemployment benefits. Without some kind of federal help, many are going to be out in the cold during the time of year we Christians claim to want to extend good will to all men. Schools and local governments need financial help to deal with new mandates, too.

And a lot of people fortunate enough to still be working were probably looking forward to that $1,200+ check to help with the expenses that come with winter and, yes, to buy presents to stick under a tree. There may be an ugly shade of blue one for retailers in more ways than one without that stimulus.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post

So many bogeymen . . . Gates, Soros, Clinton . . . and as many on the other side of politics that don't get named here. They're all trying to kill us, rob us, destroy our very souls, but the child of God need not fear. God is good, all the time.

That info in the headline must be in the part of the article that you can't see unless you surrender your email address, or pay.

All I found is articles like Coronavirus stimulus is 'the best opportunity' to help get the world vaccinated: Bill Gates but there was nothing at any of those about Gates being a part of the actual, formal stimulus negotiations.

Vaccines are at least a year away no matter what they pass in this package but stimulus can save lives today. Families have permanently lost jobs and are near the end of state unemployment benefits. Without some kind of federal help, many are going to be out in the cold during the time of year we Christians claim to want to extend good will to all men. Schools and local governments need financial help to deal with new mandates, too.

And a lot of people fortunate enough to still be working were probably looking forward to that $1,200+ check to help with the expenses that come with winter and, yes, to buy presents to stick under a tree. There may be an ugly shade of blue one for retailers in more ways than one without that stimulus.

Plenty of merchants will also be out in the cold because there will be no extra stimulus money to spend for Christmas! This is why the stock market tanks at negative stimulus news.

Interesting related info at link

Trucking, Container Carriers, FedEx, UPS, Other Freight Firms Warn of “Capacity Shortage,” Expect Americans to Keep Splurging Despite Jobs Crisis

" It is uncertain that consumers will buy all this stuff, or will get enough government stimulus and extra unemployment money to be able to buy all this stuff, but retailers are counting on it, and they’re trying to stock up for it... "

" Everything now depends on stimulus, extra unemployment benefits, eviction bans, foreclosure moratoriums, forbearance, and deferral programs that all rechannel funds into purchases of consumer goods, and a lot of these goods, or their components, are imported. Somebody better produce another big-fat stimulus bill and keep eviction bans and forbearance programs going, or else these companies will face economic reality..."

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...Capacity-Short

As I have posted previously... McConnell has been a repeated "let them eat cake" elitist who could not care less about a second stimulus.

As poster on another forum said [and I share his opinion]...

By putting this out just before the election - telling unemployed voters there’s no stimulus coming - McConnell is trying to defeat Trump next Tues.

In a similar way, two years ago just before the congressional elections, McConnell gave an interview saying he wanted to cut Social Security. The Dems put his comments in campaign ads and the GOP lost the House. That was McConnell's (and Ryan’s) goal, I believe, to block Trump from having any legislative successes leading up to his re-election campaign.

Here's the difference between Mitch and me: Mitch wants Trump gone. I want Mitch gone. Boy I hope he loses on Tues.

McConnell postpones coronavirus stimulus to 2021

At the same time, President Donald Trump pushed for even more rapid passage of stimulus than the top Senate Republican and Democrat did. Speaking to reporters Friday, the president claimed "we will have a tremendous stimulus package immediately after the election."

more at link

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/30/coro...lief-deal.html

Mitch may be really overplaying his hand. People wanting this stimulus, whether that's personally or more generally to save the economy, are wanting Mitch gone, too, and on his behalf anyone and everyone with an "R" next to their name. Kentucky may keep the devil they know but he won't be majority leader without a majority -- maybe not even minority leader if he loses control of the senate over this.

They should have passed the $1.8T stimulus two weeks ago, but playing this game -- whatever it is -- may cost the GOP everything. Few with their lives more or less on the line are going to take a chance that they'll see "a tremendous stimulus package immediately after the election" if Mitch and his cronies are still in control, or even in 'early' 2021, but give the dems free rein and it can be passed and signed and on its way to their bank accounts as soon as January 21.

Remember the last time the house, senate, and presidency were in dem hands? Obamacare! And they'll be even more determined to do as much as they can even more quickly this time around knowing they lost control of congress after two years back then. Medicare for all, an expanded SCOTUS, and even a universal basic income if they get rid of the filibuster, will just be a good start.

All thanks to Mitch in large part and whatever game he's playing with people's lives right now.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.