Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Before the traditional festivities begin, I wanted to pause and acknowledge that I am blessed way beyond my merit. I am truly grateful.

Housewolf – Thank you. I appreciate you and your sacrifices.

To the disperse group of individuals here – Thank you. I appreciate your humor and thought provoking comments.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

many thanks for my TOL family from all of us down on da bayou! Merry Christmas too!

To my brothers and sisters on the Tree, I wish upon you the blessings of an all powerful Creator and His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Upon reflecting the 400th anniversary of the Pilgrims giving thanks for their abundance in the New World, I reflect on my own family.

My 8th ggrandfather came here at age 14 with his older brother in 1644. His two other brothers had come before them, and they prospered and multiplied in the colonies. During the Revolution, my ancestors fought for the Patriot cause. I have published written evidence that they were vehemently opposed to the Crown's tyranny as early as 1690. For the most part, my family has not retreated from the American cause and has supported liberty throughout the generations. That is until this moment in time. I have seen the creeping encroachment of Marxism, disguised as benevolence infect parts of my extended family. Not surprisingly, it varies be geographic location and age. Those of us in the South and middle American states are not much different than our ancestors were. Those living in or near Blue, urban areas have the disease. I now understand how the "brother against brother" phenomenon occurred in the first Civil War.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on the tree. May you all have a good holiday.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

Happy Thanksgiving all !
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing all the great news and take time to enjoy all we have and spend time with family!

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!!

Despite all the drama and confusion we still have much to be thankful for.
    Our Father has blessed us, and our Savior has redeemed us.
    Regardless of who wins the coming battles, we will still win the war!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.