Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Friction: The Current Unpleasantness

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

AN INVENTED INSURRECTION.
    How the left is trying to criminalize conservatism.
    By Jim Hanson | June 5, 2021

The malfeasance of the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the judges involved with the arrest and incarceration without bail of many of those who participated in the riot at the Capitol have been covered brilliantly in a series of pieces by Julie Kelly. These events are abhorrent to anyone who believes in the rule of law and better suited to a totalitarian police state removing political enemies. America is not supposed to have indefinite detention based on political beliefs, and yet here we are.

This treatment is all the more heinous when compared with the near-total lack of interest in prosecuting the year plus-long violence and destruction perpetrated by Black Lives Matter (BLM) and Antifa, some of which involved the seizure and continued occupation for weeks of government buildings. This is a far step from equal treatment under the law and should bring a concerted response from all those on the right who oppose tyranny.

Many of the acts described in the indictment are Constitutionally protected, but it seems that fades away when the left doesn’t like the reason they are being exercised. They attached the term “Big Lie,” a Nazi reference, to any disputes over the 2020 elections. Now they act empowered to treat any related activities as outside the law by that fictional connection. [rest at link]

https://humanevents.com/2021/06/05/an-invented-insurr
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

“It’s like Gitmo:” Capitol demonstrators treated like third-world terrorists in DC jail where they are brutalized, terrorized, and locked in cells for days at a time

(Natural News) Many Americans have long thought the reason why problems like sanctuary cities, open borders, homelessness, mass migration and crime often go unsolved by our elected leaders is because they are out of touch and unaffected by those problems. There is no better example of this than the fallout for Jan. 6 demonstrators, many … [Read More...]

Civil War 2.0: Extreme And Inflate
    https://wilderwealthywise.com/civil-...e-and-inflate/

And so our “awkward stage” continues.

The awkward stage is that excruciatingly, endlessly frustrating phase in which tyranny, brutality, and bigotry against freedom grow ever more oppressive but the oppressed feel powerless to act effectively on a large scale. Moral though it may be to string lawless, dictatorial rulers up on lamp posts, it isn’t what good people do — at least not until provocations and deprivations exceed endurance.

Yet without effective options, we good people find ourselves ever more bound and restricted. In the 25 years since I opened 101 Things to do ‘Til the Revolution with my infamous remark, even many of the alternative actions outlined in that book have been closed off to us or become too needlessly dangerous to advocate.
    [rest at link]
    https://www.clairewolfe.com/blog/2021/06/07/a-freedomista

NYT’s Gay Whines She Saw ‘Dozens of American Flags,’ Which Was ‘Disturbing
    https://conservativebrief.com/nyts-gay-42336/?utm_sou