Thread: The Snake Chain Dream with Dana Coverstone 12-14-2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Snake Chain Dream with Dana Coverstone 12-14-2020

A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

I get a kick out of the 'dreams and visions' people. I bet these same people think Peter's vision was so they could eat pig. Most have no regard for covenant, nor the Word...unless it suits them. What do they do with this: Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination ?
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    I get a kick out of the 'dreams and visions' people. I bet these same people think Peter's vision was so they could eat pig. Most have no regard for covenant, nor the Word...unless it suits them. What do they do with this: Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination ?
    I get a kick out of the Father, Son and Holy Bible people. They are thick here in the Midwest. Over time they just get better and better at twisting the Word to their own purposes and finding rules that seem to allow themselves to "Rank up" over the brethren. What is it about the pharisees that is so attractive when the new covenant makes on coheirs with Christ and gives us direct access to the Father via the Holy Spirit? I can almost hear these guys stirring things up down at the local Pentecostal church: "Pastor if you absolutely must heal we demand that you don't heal on the sabbath!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    I get a kick out of the Father, Son and Holy Bible people. They are thick here in the Midwest. Over time they just get better and better at twisting the Word to their own purposes and finding rules that seem to allow themselves to "Rank up" over the brethren. What is it about the pharisees that is so attractive when the new covenant makes on coheirs with Christ and gives us direct access to the Father via the Holy Spirit? I can almost hear these guys stirring things up down at the local Pentecostal church: "Pastor if you absolutely must heal we demand that you don't heal on the sabbath!!!"
    The covenant does have terms...that is a covenant, we don't set the terms. Of course the terms are largely ignored.

Jer 31:31 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah1, Footnote: 1See Heb. 8:8-12, Heb. 10:16-17.
    Jer 31:32 not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה.
    Jer 31:33 “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.

Psa 50:15 “And call upon Me in the day of distress – Let Me rescue you, and you esteem Me.”
    Psa 50:16 But to the wrong Elohim said, “What right have you to recite My laws, Or take My covenant in your mouth,
    Psa 50:17 “While you hated instruction And cast My Words behind you?

As for healing on the Sabbath (the 7th day, not the roman sun-day)

Mat 12:11 And He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, shall not take hold of it and lift it out?
    Mat 12:12 “How much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is right to do good on the Sabbath.”

Ultimately, this day is coming...

Isa 2:3 And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, and let Him teach us His ways, and let us walk in His paths, for out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah, and the Word of יהוה from Yerushalayim.”

Yet for many...

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.”
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

The covenant does have terms...that is a covenant, we don't set the terms. Of course the terms are largely ignored.

Jer 31:31 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall make a new covenant with the house of Yisra’ĕl and with the house of Yehuḏah1, Footnote: 1See Heb. 8:8-12, Heb. 10:16-17.
    Jer 31:32 not like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Mitsrayim, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares יהוה.
    Jer 31:33 “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.

Psa 50:15 “And call upon Me in the day of distress – Let Me rescue you, and you esteem Me.”
    Psa 50:16 But to the wrong Elohim said, “What right have you to recite My laws, Or take My covenant in your mouth,
    Psa 50:17 “While you hated instruction And cast My Words behind you?

As for healing on the Sabbath (the 7th day, not the roman sun-day)

Mat 12:11 And He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, shall not take hold of it and lift it out?
    Mat 12:12 “How much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is right to do good on the Sabbath.”

Ultimately, this day is coming...

Isa 2:3 And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, and let Him teach us His ways, and let us walk in His paths, for out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah, and the Word of יהוה from Yerushalayim.”

Yet for many...

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.”
    I am not here to win an argument but still, I would encourage you to spend time developing your understanding of Holy Spirit and the new covenant as the law of sin and death holds no power to save - it never has, never will.

Christ's work was to make the law "fully met" in a believer. Since we are past that, we now live according to the Spirit. Now everything permissible, but on the other hand, not everything is beneficial. We obey the Spirit or face the consequences. Under this new personal relationship the things that were permissible before are not the same ones that are permissible now. Obedience was also different before than it is now.

If the law is not "fully met" in you - you are still dead in your sins. That is the bottom line...

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    I am not here to win an argument but still, I would encourage you to spend time developing your understanding of Holy Spirit and the new covenant as the law of sin and death holds no power to save - it never has, never will.

Christ's work was to make the law "fully met" in a believer. Since we are past that, we now live according to the Spirit. Now everything permissible, but on the other hand, not everything is beneficial. We obey the Spirit or face the consequences. Under this new personal relationship the things that were permissible before are not the same ones that are permissible now. Obedience was also different before than it is now.

If the law is not "fully met" in you - you are still dead in your sins. That is the bottom line...
    The 'law of sin and death' is you sin, you die. Messiah brought the remedy for that. This is fully explained in Romans 8...just read the first 10 verses and see for yourself. Sadly what YHWH calls PERFECT (His Torah), denominationalism has equated it as a bad thing.

Psa 19:7-11 “THE TORAH of יהוה is PERFECT, bringing back the being; The witness of יהוה is TRUSTWORTHY, making WISE the simple; The orders of יהוה are STRAIGHT, REJOICING the heart; The command of יהוה is CLEAR, ENLIGHTENING the eyes; The fear of יהוה is CLEAN, standing FOREVER; The right-rulings of יהוה are TRUE, They are RIGHTEOUS altogether, More DESIRABLE than gold, Than much fine gold; And SWEETer than honey and the honeycomb. Also, Your servant is WARNED by them, In GUARDING THEM IS GREAT REWARD”

Psa 119:97 “O how I LOVE Your Torah! It is my study all day long.”

Isa 42:21 “It has delighted יהוה, for the sake of His righteousness, to make THE TORAH great and esteemed.”

Isa 8:20 “To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is BECAUSE they have NO LIGHT in them.”

Now, you wanna talk about THE REAL CURSE, here it is: Rom 6:23 “For the WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH...” That’s the curse. SIN causes that, not the Torah that DEFINES what sin is. THAT is the CURSE that Messiah bore in our stead. THAT is the law of sin and death: The essentials are: “You sin; you die.” And we’ve all sinned, so there is no way for the Torah to save you; thus repentance and the price paid by Messiah.

Rom 8:2 “For the Torah of the Spirit of the life in Messiah יהושע has set me free FROM the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH.”

I can imagine stuff like this happening to avoid obeying, or "walking as Messiah walked", as we are told to do...

And the Pastor (P) says...

“God reigns FOREVER AND EVER.” (Exo 15:1 Can I get a witness?

Congregation (C) - “Oh yes, lawd! Forever and ever! You will always reign!”

P- ”...to the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is FOREVER AND EVER, a scepter of straightness is the scepter of Your reign” (Heb 1:

C - “Thank you, Jesus! Eternal reign, a reign that never ends, always and forever!”

P - “To Him be the esteem and the might FOREVER AND EVER” (1Pe 5:11)

C - “HalleluYah! All powerful, all esteem, never ending, eternal, we praise you!”

P- “The works of His hands are truth and right-ruling, All His commandments are trustworthy, They are upheld FOREVER AND EVER, performed in truth and straightness” (Psa 111:7-

C - ”...uh...yeah...up to a point, I suppose”

P - “That I might guard Your Torah continually, FOREVER AND EVER” (Psa 119:44)

C - “Now wait just a damn minute...you can't twist the words like that...”

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17

For those who read Peter's vision in context... it was obvious to Peter and should be obvious to the reader... Peter's vision was symbolic and NOT about God's dietary laws. However, it does tell us that years after Christ's resurrection and ascension, Peter was obeying God's dietary laws!

nm

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17
    I don't know if many have noticed this, but Joel was misquoted in Acts.Why?

Act 2:16 “But this is what was spoken by the prophet Yo’ĕl:
    Act 2:17And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh.

What did Joel say?

Joe 2:28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.

After what??? The context that precedes it.

Perhaps that event was a taste, a foreshadowing of what would come later? Dunno. CLEARLY a misquote, however.

Did you, the 'prophetess' miss that?

I don't know if many have noticed this, but Joel was misquoted in Acts.Why?

Act 2:16 “But this is what was spoken by the prophet Yo’ĕl:
    Act 2:17And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh.

What did Joel say?

Joe 2:28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.

After what??? The context that precedes it.

Perhaps that event was a taste, a foreshadowing of what would come later? Dunno. CLEARLY a misquote, however.

Did you, the 'prophetess' miss that?

God's locust army as described in Joel 2 is prophetic Gog/Magog. In Joel 2:11/Joel 2:25 and Ezekiel 38:16, the destroying enemy army is God's army He brings against sinful rebellious Israel.

Interestingly, according to Amos 7:1 as translated from the Greek Septuagint, the locust king is Gog

Thus has the Lord God shewed me;
    and, behold, a swarm of locusts
    coming from the east; and, behold,
    one caterpillar, king Gog

Amos 7:1 = Brenton translation of the Septuagint

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lxx/amos/7-1.html