Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snake Chain Dream with Dana Coverstone 12-14-2020

I'd have to ask, if the law was "just for Jews", or "nailed to the cross", what is a person supposed to repent FROM? And more to the point, if that all was done away or not for us, why would one need Messiah?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 7:7 What, then, shall we say? Is the Torah sin? Let it not be! However, I did not know sin except through the Torah

Rom 3:20 Therefore by works of Torah no flesh shall be declared right before Him, for by the Torah is the knowledge of sin.1 Footnote: 1Ex. 20:20, Rom. 4:15, Rom. 7:7.

Rom 6:1 What, then, shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, to let favour increase?
    Rom 6:2 Let it not be! How shall we who died to sin1 still live in it? Footnote: 1See Rom. 8:13, Col. 3:3, 1 Peter 2:24.

There is a stern warning given concerning Paul's words and how they can be misunderstood...

2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,1 which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. Footnote: 1See 1 Cor. 11:6.
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,
    What does this even mean anymore...

Deu 8:3 “ man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of YHWH

And why is it repeated here?

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YHWH.And who are these people?

Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of יהושע.

His Torah was never meant to save anyone, they are instructions for righteousness, and as clearly stated above, the very way sin is defined.

Be careful using Paul's words to defend sin. Apostasy (the great falling away) is defined as FORSAKING TORAH
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Grid Organics View Post
    Be careful using Paul's words to defend sin. Apostasy (the great falling away) is defined as FORSAKING TORAH
    Glad to see you're still defending truth, Off-Grid! It appears that many still have a veil over their eyes when they try to look into the perfect Law of liberty! Carry on!

If pastor Dana had ever claimed to be a prophet, or that his dreams were true prophesy I wouldn't pay any attention to him. However there is something to these dreams. Time will tell.
    What will you say on judgment day?

The bankers win every war.

When growing food is outlawed I'll BE an outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Glad to see you're still defending truth, Off-Grid! It appears that many still have a veil over their eyes when they try to look into the perfect Law of liberty! Carry on!
    Nice to hear from you, brother. Hope you are doing well!
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

I'd have to ask, if the law was "just for Jews", or "nailed to the cross", what is a person supposed to repent FROM? And more to the point, if that all was done away or not for us, why would one need Messiah?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 7:7 What, then, shall we say? Is the Torah sin? Let it not be! However, I did not know sin except through the Torah

Rom 3:20 Therefore by works of Torah no flesh shall be declared right before Him, for by the Torah is the knowledge of sin.1 Footnote: 1Ex. 20:20, Rom. 4:15, Rom. 7:7.

Rom 6:1 What, then, shall we say? Shall we continue in sin, to let favour increase?
    Rom 6:2 Let it not be! How shall we who died to sin1 still live in it? Footnote: 1See Rom. 8:13, Col. 3:3, 1 Peter 2:24.

There is a stern warning given concerning Paul's words and how they can be misunderstood...

2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,1 which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. Footnote: 1See 1 Cor. 11:6.
    2Pe 3:17 You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,
    What does this even mean anymore...

Deu 8:3 “ man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of YHWH

And why is it repeated here?

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YHWH.And who are these people?

Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of יהושע.

His Torah was never meant to save anyone, they are instructions for righteousness, and as clearly stated above, the very way sin is defined.

Here is the recipe for the modern day Pharisee:

• Remind everyone that the law must be obeyed same as the Pharisees - Jesus just came to cover the small % that you miss until you are perfect.
    • If you miss a large part of the law then Jesus probably does not cover it and you are doomed fer-sure
    • Always judge any believer that does not follow the "smallest stroke" God is concerned with the small stuff and not your heart (no matter what Jesus said).
    • Use mostly old testament verses ...or if you must use new testament then cherry pick them to support your narrative and ignore other verses brought to your attention.
    • Anytime grace is mentioned accuse them of cheap grace, falling away, or apostasy. Easier to scare people than to reconcile grace to the law.
    • Never let them know that by becoming followers of Christ the are counted by God as having "fully met" the law (cuz obviously stupid people knew they would just go back to eating food sacrificed to Idols and their Orgies)
    • Use big words like Torah, YHWH, Yeshua, Yisra’ĕl so that people understand what a big player in this area.Make sure that people follow your "Yoke" and not Jesus "Yoke" (Which has a light burden).
    • If people ask hard questions let them know just to trust you and don't be deceived by the "Delusion of Lawlessness" which is the idea that God is concerned with something other than the law.
    • Anytime someone exhibits manifestations of the Spirit you must attack them (lest people be led by the Spirit) Just make fun of them on TTOL or tell them that part of the bible is not true anymore..
    • Skip any discussion on the new Covenant or people might want to know more about it and to understand why we are no longer under the old one. (This is critical - if they come under the Law of the Spirit and find out that God is concerned with changing their heart they will never listen to you again)
    • Generally, play down the Spirit as a footnote in new testament and not an equal person within the Trinity.
    • Wherever God's "Word" is referred to make sure the old testament comes first, then the new testament, but never through the Holy Spirit (where would we be if God was working directly with the people)

Conclusion:
    God is concerned with our hearts before a Holy God as we are his adopted children and coheirs with Christ. He paid the price and provided the "Helper" to work with each of us personally while we are still here on earth. This grace is not cheap. God paid a heavy price for it. Grace is cheapened by both the legalistic people and those that use it as a license for sin. Therefore, be led by the Spirit under the Law of the Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by cptmidnight View Post
    Here is the recipe for the modern day Pharisee
    Oddly, pharisees are much like the modern day churches.

Mar 7:7 And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men.

Mar 7:8 “Forsaking the command of Elohim, you hold fast the tradition of men.”

Mat 15:3 But He answering, said to them, “Why do you also transgress the command of Elohim because of your tradition?

Messiah railed on them for that; NEVER did He rail on them for obeying Torah, did He? I mean, how could He, since He was obedient to Torah to the last detail, as the Word Who became flesh. Church traditions now are manifold - the Roman sun-day instead of Sabbath, pagan festivals such as ishtar and christ-MASS, etc. I do none of those things as Messiah is my example, not men. Pretty solid ground:

1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands.

1Jn 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

Act 3:19 “Repent therefore and turn back, for the blotting out of your sins...

What did Kepha (Peter) mean? Debate abounds on when the book of Acts was penned, but we know at earliest, perhaps the 60’s - the point being, the ONLY reference to what was being spoken was from the TaNaK, no ‘new testament’. Kepha was speaking to a live audience, and they knew what it meant, the Hebrew word ‘Teshuva’; to return to Him and His Ways, as specifically and undeniably define here:

Mal 3:7 “From the days of your fathers you have TURNED ASIDE FROM MY LAWS and DID NOT GUARD them. TURN BACK to Me, and I shall TURN BACK to you,” said יהוה of hosts. “But you said, ‘IN WHAT SHALL WE TURN BACK?’

Deu 30:2 and shall TURN BACK to יהוה your Elohim and OBEY His voice, according to ALL that I COMMAND you today, with all your heart and with all your being, you and your children,

Deu 30:8 “And you shall TURN BACK and OBEY the voice of יהוה and do all His COMMANDS which I command you today.

Deu_30:10 if you obey the voice of יהוה your Elohim, to GUARD HIS COMMANDS and HIS LAWS which are written in this Book of THE TORAH, if you TURN BACK to יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being.

That is how a person TURNS BACK, using His definition; our opinion has no standing. With that defined, the rest also falls into place just as easily. What about ‘repent’? Thayers’ has this defined as “to change one’s mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one’s past sins”. Abhorrence of sin. Is this what folks in churches are taught? Are they even taught what sin is? Again, it is His definition that concerns us, not men’s opinions. It would be really hard to muddle this definition as it is said two ways so as to eliminate ANY confusion...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses the law (Torah): for SIN IS the transgression of the law (Torah).

Shaul (Paul) agrees, though he is the very same person always used as an excuse to sin. What a muddled version of Shaul, huh?

Rom 7:7 ”...I did not know sin EXCEPT through the Torah”

Rom 3:20 ”...for by the Torah IS the knowledge of sin.”

Rom 6:1-2 ”...Shall we CONTINUE IN SIN, to let favor increase? LET IT NOT BE! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Rom 3:31 Do we NULLIFY (abolish/destroy) the Torah through the belief? LET IT NOT BE! On the contrary, WE ESTABLISH (abide/continue) THE TORAH.

Either Shaul is schizophrenic or those who use him as an excuse to sin are, but I’m more inclined to think they are deluded; Scripture agrees on that also...

2Pe 3:16-17 “as also in ALL his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures. You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the DELUSION OF THE LAWLESS..”

Be careful using Shaul's words to defend sin. YHUH has already defined it. Apostasy (the great falling away) is also specifically defined as FORSAKING TORAH.

It’s so sad that His definitions have been lost through time. What was intended to be ONE body of believers has become a smorgasbord of sin and denial, some 42,000 different flavors now.

That’s not a narrow path. >>TESHUVAH!<<

But if calling me a pharisee helps you, by all means...I'll stand on His Word and oppose traditions of men all day long.

I get a kick out of the 'dreams and visions' people. I bet these same people think Peter's vision was so they could eat pig. Most have no regard for covenant, nor the Word...unless it suits them. What do they do with this: Pro 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination ?

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17

For those who read Peter's vision in context... it was obvious to Peter and should be obvious to the reader... Peter's vision was symbolic and NOT about God's dietary laws. However, it does tell us that years after Christ's resurrection and ascension, Peter was obeying God's dietary laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post

The Apostle Paul didn't think circumcision was that big of a deal

Yet, Paul circumcised Timothy!

nm

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17
    I don't know if many have noticed this, but Joel was misquoted in Acts.Why?

Act 2:16 “But this is what was spoken by the prophet Yo’ĕl:
    Act 2:17And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh.

What did Joel say?

Joe 2:28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.

After what??? The context that precedes it.

Perhaps that event was a taste, a foreshadowing of what would come later? Dunno. CLEARLY a misquote, however.

Did you, the 'prophetess' miss that?