Thread: NVGs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NVGs

Been looking into Night Vision Goggles and monoculars the last couple days and couldn't find anything via the search field.

Anybody have experiences they wouldn't mind sharing?

Particularly interested in the quality (or lack thereof) from discount sites like nightvision4less.com that sell B grade.

I figure something is better than nothing, but is it really?

We had some discussion on this subject in the SSFK. When Gab starts behaving again, I'll copy/paste my thoughts on the matter to this thread.

Short version for now though, is that decent gen 2+ units start at $2k, and decent gen3 units start at around $3k. The best monocular money can buy is about $4k. Gen 2 and below, and "digital" night vision is simply not worth having.

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Night-Vision_c3.htm

Call Robert to discuss if you have questions.
    His products are top shelf.

912.379.9441 or 912.375.1480
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

I second HouseWolf. I have only dealt with jrh enterprises. I wouldn't recommend anything less than 1600FOM and prefer 1900FOM. Both of these units he carries are 25.1SNL I believe. I also recommend getting a quality tube. I like a white tube but green works just fine for me. With that said I have 20/20 vision with no other eye problems.
    This is a beginners guide to specs and if you cruise around within this site you will find some other interesting NV topics

https://www.nite-walker.com/post/201...or-dummies-101
    Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

This is the unit I have:

https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-14-l3-gen3-un-filmed-white-phosphor-2/?doing_wp_cron=1610681836.2892799377441406250000

Top notch build quality, and the tube looks just as good as the pictures do.

I know Japabilly was contemplating the purchase of a $2000 gen 2+ unit, I don't know if he ever went through with it. He said he'd do a review if he got one though. They seem to actually be pretty decent, but I'd still recommend coughing up the extra 2k for a top of the line tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Bromley View Post
    This is the unit I have:

https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-14-l3-gen3-un-filmed-white-phosphor-2/?doing_wp_cron=1610681836.2892799377441406250000

Top notch build quality, and the tube looks just as good as the pictures do.

I know Japabilly was contemplating the purchase of a $2000 gen 2+ unit, I don't know if he ever went through with it. He said he'd do a review if he got one though. They seem to actually be pretty decent, but I'd still recommend coughing up the extra 2k for a top of the line tube.

I kinda wish I had gone with the white phosphor unit but my green one works quite well. It does suffer in low temps as the single AA battery drains quickly in the metal housing. The same is true for my helmet mounted IR lights. 40 minutes and everything goes dead. CDNNsports has a Bushnell unit they sell for $188, their website is currently down (AWS?) now or I'd post a link
    Last edited by Lenno; 01-14-2021 at 11:41 PM.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."