Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NVGs

Also, I can get it next week..

The $3800 for the PVS-14 seems okay, but we need specs. What tube is in the unit, and who built it? Does he have a spec sheet?

Which Norotos mount is he selling you? The Rhino 2 is only like $75 on ebay. But if it's the INVG mount, that's an incredible deal.

$1,000 for a DBAL-A3 is a very good deal.

No idea what a DBAL-FS is. A web search turned up nothing.

You can get an Ops-core bump helmet for $300

Peltor Comtac III? If so, that's a good deal. Not NVG related, though.

EDIT: And yeah, if you can have it all next week, that's the icing on the cake. TNVC has a 24 week lead time on their PVS-14s.

Contact Robert for the PVS. Top qual units gen 3, are about 3k w/ 10 yrs warranty
    Hit eBay for the rest. Personally I like the ACH helmets cause they help counterbalance the cantilevered PVS in use, making them much more comfortable over time.
    The Ballistic protection is a perk. These helmets are $100-200 in perfect even unused condition. Older PASGT are even cheaper.
    Norotos etc., rhino mounts on eBay run $50-100 all day...
    Robert has DBAL stuff too...

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14...sion-PVS14.htm

Call him and discuss.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Though I've never bought from them, I don't doubt JRH's stellar reputation.

I concur that the ACH is my preferred helmet. The weight does indeed help keep the NVGs steady. A friend of mine uses a bump helmet though, and doesn't complain about it being too light. Cost and ballistic protection are nice as well.

I recommend against the cheap Rhino and Rhino II "bayonet" style mounts. The way they clip on is not secure and allows the unit to wobble, which I find quite annoying. I use a Wilcox L4 G22E and their PVS-14 arm.

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-l4-g22e-mount/
    https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-anpvs-1...nterface-shoe/

The L4 G22E has extended travel to get in front of eyepro, prescription glasses, or gas masks. That's super nice, plus it is far more secure and sturdy than a rhino mount. Having used the rhino extensively when I was in the military, and the Wilcox now that I'm out, there is absolutely no comparison. Hands down worth the extra money. Period.

Waiting on the NV info, but he said the monocular is Will's Optics, Gen3, was $4500 new.

The other shtuff:
    Norotos TATM
    PT Bravo helmet
    Norotos NVG Shroud
    Peltor Comtac II Headset
    Ops Core Helmet Cover
    Milspec Pad Kit
    Aftermarket Pad kit

And the DBAL FS is a front sight mounted to the laser that saves rail space.

The most expensive PVS-14 Will's Optics has on their website currently is only $3995 bro. Don't know where the $4500 value is coming from.

The TATM is a bayonet style mount. It will not hold the PVS-14 as steady as a Wilcox shoe style like the L4 G22 and G24. The only difference between the TATM and the Rhino is that it's titanium. That is an outrageously poor value. If you're going to go that route, just get the $75 ebay rhino mount. Seriously.

The PT Bravo is literally an airsoft helmet. They're $70. You're getting raped at $400.

You don't need the Norotos shroud, as any good helmet should come with one, with few exceptions. Drilling the mounting holes yourself is a recipe for ruining the integrity of the helmet and thereby the entire system.

This is looking sketchier by the second, man.

Damn. I've got zero experience with this shit (amongst many other things) so I'm glad I've got a place where someone can smack me before I make stupid decisions. Much appreciated, bro.

Think I'll give Robert a call, HW :)

Quote Originally Posted by Japabilly View Post
    Damn. I've got zero experience with this shit (amongst many other things) so I'm glad I've got a place where someone can smack me before I make stupid decisions. Much appreciated, bro.

I've bought parts and stuff from these PPL, they have not jacked their prices up:
    https://www.venturesurplus.com/category/army-gear/army-nightvision-accessories/

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

thanks
    Here is that Bushnell unit, looks like a binocular but it has a NV tube on one side and an IR illuminator on the other. with a stronger IR source the viewing distance would be greater. Like I said; I have one, it works well within it's limitations.
    BUSHNELL EQUINOX™ Z NIGHT VISION BINOCULAR 2X40

With the digital Equinox Z Night Vision monoculars from Bushnell, you'll be able to enjoy outstanding optical clarity, ultimate illumination and an unmatched field of view. Features such as zoom, image capture, video recording and daytime color lead the way in our flagship series.

• 2x 40mm Magnification
    • Takes 4 AA batteries (NOT INCLUDED)
    • Carrying case
    • Day or night viewing
    • Image capture
    • Outstanding optical clarity
    • Powerful infrared illumination
    • Rugged water-resistant housing
    • Tripod mountable
    • Up to 500ft viewing with built-in infrared illuminator
    • Video out capable
    • Weight: 25 oz
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/bushnell-...ular-2x40.html
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Japabilly View Post

Glad I could help! I bought all my stuff through TNVC. Great company to work with as well.