Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why has Bill Gates buying so much farmland? What does he know about wealth?

Default Why has Bill Gates buying so much farmland? What does he know about wealth?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...says-future-no

I suspect he knows food, or more specifically the ability to produce it, will become the new wealth. Fiat is finished.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...says-future-no

I suspect he knows food, or more specifically the ability to produce it, will become the new wealth. Fiat is finished.
    That ain't nothing compared to these folks like Ted Turner and others .`!!!

When
    Successful Farming magazine approached us about profiling the top U.S. farmland owners, we jumped at the opportunity. Why? Because no one understands dirt better than a farmer. Before we dive in, keep two figures in mind. The first figure is 150,000 acres. That’s the smallest number of acres owned on the most recent Land Report 100. (Three families tied with that amount.) The second figure to consider is 2.2 million acres. That’s America’s largest landowner, Colorado’s John Malone.

The chairman of Liberty Media takes top honors as the largest private landowner in the country. Malone blames his good friend Ted Turner for giving him the land bug. He sure got bit bad. Malone’s 2.2 million acres edge out Turner’s 2 million acres. Northern California’s Emmerson family ranks third nationwide with just under 2 million acres of timberland in the Pacific Northwest. Here are farming’s first families. All told, the 50 individuals, families, and heirs on this list own over 31 million acres – or about 1.4% of the country’s total landmass.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/wh...and-in-america

Gates will at least double his investment when he sells the land to the CCP.
    Then he will again be the richest man in the World.
    Merchants have no Country.

Maybe it's the modern oligarch version of the old Bolshevik collectivization of farmland

During the Bolshevik forced collectivization of all family farms, those who resisted were executed and multiple millions starved.

Farmland is a real thing unlike stocks or dollars nowadays...Anyone with the ability to should be buying all the time..

[QUOTE=jimmyb;2817353]Farmland is a real thing unlike stocks or dollars nowadays...Anyone with the ability to should be buying all the time..[/QUOTE

I've been very interested in a mini farm since there was no food in the stores 6 months ago.Unfortunately my job sticks me in the city until I want to retire

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    Farmland is a real thing unlike stocks or dollars nowadays...Anyone with the ability to should be buying all the time..
    The problem with your post is that we the peasants do not own ANY land.
    Slaves can not OWN anything!
    At best we have a piece of paper that states that the Peasant has some equitable interest.
    All Land belongs to and in order....
    The Federal Government.
    State Government.
    The Posterity of the Ruling Class that have "Perfect Title".
    In other words The Feudal Lord as in medieval times. Nothing Changes.
    We are Tenants on the land of those with Perfect Title.

I dare say that Bill Gates does have "Perfect Title" to the land and has a right of disposal.
    That is a right we Peasants do not have.

Ultimately gates farm property will be “rewilded”. For now he needs a place for the development of reconstituted poo burgers and cockroach meat

here is a good video describing gates involvement with farming

https://youtu.be/yOy2O-BWBxg
    The Great Reset
    https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

The Fourth Industrial Revolution
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khjY...g#action=share

The more people I meet...The better I like my dog.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    The problem with your post is that we the peasants do not own ANY land.
    Slaves can not OWN anything!
    At best we have a piece of paper that states that the Peasant has some equitable interest.
    All Land belongs to and in order....
    The Federal Government.
    State Government.
    The Posterity of the Ruling Class that have "Perfect Title".
    In other words The Feudal Lord as in medieval times. Nothing Changes.
    We are Tenants on the land of those with Perfect Title.

I dare say that Bill Gates does have "Perfect Title" to the land and has a right of disposal.
    That is a right we Peasants do not have.
    That is correct Jmmyb. People went to the territories thinking they could acquire land and farms.
    And, they did, but soon they wanted to become States with lots of crooked bullycrats. Well those
    bullies soon bankrupted many a farmer with "property taxes".
    As long as they can tax your house or field, they can confiscate it for non payment of taxes.
    Now some states can pay you a pittance for your land and give it to some Rich dude.
    Ivanz3x.jpg