Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2-10-21 Snow-Magedeon Thread

Default The 2-10-21 Snow-Magedeon Thread

After a winter w/o any significant snow a week long blizzard has been forecast starting tonight; wind chill in the single digits due to high winds and nearly 4 feet of snow in the coming 5 days, the weather system seems to be coming from Central Canada. I'm headed into town tomorrow for 'vital supplies' (Irish Mist) and to drop-off some old chain saws for rebuilding. To think that today I was cruising on my ATV in 40 degree weather!
    Any advise or comments is welcome!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

wow Lenno............what is your weather news site.................I live starboard and a little aft of you about 300 miles........I use accurweather they show no front coming out of central canada, but there is several bands of weather off your port side ..................too date we are expereincing a winter drought if there is such a term, we usually have about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of snow pack in my yard this time of year but today maybe 4 inches.....been colder than a hoot for sure but no snow and the mountains seems to be light on snow pack as well......not good for this summer,
    we are right now in middle winter so there is hope we will get the snow this country needs before break up..................the weather wishers have not been right in this area since last fall...............be interesting to see other weather sites all across this nation to see if they are reporting same or not,
    I have been stating since 11/3/20 that the media will go full bore regionalized reporting.......... we will see
    and lenno i will take all the snow you send my way...................
    on another note been getting much more earthquake activity the last 8 months or so. especially between stanley and mccall and the dillion area in montana

please before you force me to eat cheese curds, understand I live on the gulf coast of La. Local groundhogs say that we're looking at an ice storm this monday and tuesday. temps to get down to 21 or lower. I get it, nothing compared to what you folks in the frowzen Nawth, but really cold down here. To top it off, Tuesday is Mardi Gras!~ But thanks to our wonderful neanderthal governor, most of the celebrations are cancelled cause of the void.. so cold as hell and bored on Fat Tuesday! Prep and pray, the end has arrived.

I've used my snowblower more this year than the last 3 combined. Longest cold spell we've had in years. Looks like its gonna be here in Illinois for awhile. But its all happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post
    wow Lenno............what is your weather news site.................I live starboard and a little aft of you about 300 miles........I use accurweather they show no front coming out of central canada, but there is several bands of weather off your port side ..................too date we are expereincing a winter drought if there is such a term, we usually have about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of snow pack in my yard this time of year but today maybe 4 inches.....been colder than a hoot for sure but no snow and the mountains seems to be light on snow pack as well......not good for this summer,
    we are right now in middle winter so there is hope we will get the snow this country needs before break up..................the weather wishers have not been right in this area since last fall...............be interesting to see other weather sites all across this nation to see if they are reporting same or not,
    I have been stating since 11/3/20 that the media will go full bore regionalized reporting.......... we will see
    and lenno i will take all the snow you send my way...................
    on another note been getting much more earthquake activity the last 8 months or so. especially between stanley and mccall and the dillion area in montana

The fronts are coming from the west but the cold is coming from the NE! Portland is predicting up to an inch of ice on the ground and over 40" of snow in the hills, blizzard conditions that may shut down I-84. I see that those news stations are using the European weather model that vastly over estimates winter storms. The Stanley area could get hammered. It was supposed to start snowing at 1 AM local and all I have is overcast and 27 degrees. I'll switch to accuweather as I'm not happy w/Weather Underground! I'm moving the snow blower to my friend's house for the week as they live in a snow funnel and get heavier snow than I and I have 2 feet predicted in 24 hours. I'll be posting updates from there.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I'm back from town, a 100 mile drive in 4X4. packed snow on all roads but the interstate (I-84). A log truck and several autos went off a secondary road that drops down to the big river. Snow packed the wheel wells of my truck to the point that turning the front wheels would break-off big chunks of ice. despite 400 pounds of ballast, 4X4 and a fancy breaking system I was skidding much of the trip. The wind has kept the dry snow from accumulating but there are drifts forming 20 degrees @1:30 PM.

+14 degrees, light wind. The heavy snow and wind will hit Fri. night, freezing rain on Monday and then, hopefully temperatures will rise and it will rain.

+12 drifting snow, I'm loaded-up and ready to go!

2.5 hours to travel 60 miles over unplowed mountain roads. my engine temp was 50 degrees below normal so ice on the windshield was a problem even though I blocked the radiator. wind was also a factor and I could feel the truck sliding on several occasions

+18 and 20", still snowing, most roads closed. the forecast has changed to snow for the next 7 days