Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2-10-21 Snow-Magedeon Thread

+19 Finished blowing-out the drive way to move fire wood onto porch, some drifts over 2 feet deep. It is snowing, heavily.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Blew the drive out again, one drift was almost 48". ANOTHER 36" predicted to fall in 72 hrs
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Local TV is calling this the worst storm to hit Portland in 50 years and they might be right but I can remember when the Columbia River froze solid for 6" and the Corps of Engineers had to use explosives to save the dam and locks. As for me it's a repeat of yesterday
    Last edited by Lenno; 02-14-2021 at 10:37 AM.

I-84 was open for several hours but is closed again due to ice. 200K customers are still w/o power; ice storms continue. A car has gone off the I-205 bridge into the Columbia river, recovery efforts underway

down here in dad swamp, its 28 but the cars are frozen solid as are some of the tres. its also blowing like a cat in heat. Today and tomorrow were to be the happiest days of the year lundi mardi and tomorrow Mardi Gras. no parades cause of the void and it will drop to 17 tomorrow morning! cold cold cold down here!! prep and pray, the end has arrived.

+21 snow is forecast for the next 10 days, roads are still closed so I'm likely trapped until the snow plows do their jobs. I've used almost 5 gallons of gas in the snow blower since Friday. I need to get home and see to my water pipes

well lenno, it appears you gots my snow bro.........todate i have maybe 6 inches total, got the weather warning for blizzard condition this past weekend, got maybe 3 inches went ahead and snowblowed just to piss off the weather gods........should have 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 foot snow trails in my yard not 6 inches......BUT have had a miserable cold spell for over a month now which gets real old real quick

Quote Originally Posted by always learning View Post
    well lenno, it appears you gots my snow bro.........todate i have maybe 6 inches total, got the weather warning for blizzard condition this past weekend, got maybe 3 inches went ahead and snowblowed just to piss off the weather gods........should have 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 foot snow trails in my yard not 6 inches......BUT have had a miserable cold spell for over a month now which gets real old real quick

Sorry to hear that: it will take me nearly 5 hours work to clear the new fallen snow today. It's freezing rain now but more snow on way. I'm trapped until they plow the state and county highways!

Turbines Freeze Up in Texas Cold Snap – Shutting Down Nearly Half of the Wind Energy in West Texas