Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: $600 "stimulus" check?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,313

    Default $600 "stimulus" check?

    Question: Did you all get your $600 stimulus check? My wife got a spending card in the mail, but I have not received anything. I waited patiently, but....nothing. Am I being discriminated against? Oh dear, what shall I do? I'd sure like to stimulate the economy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    38

    Default

    If you file taxes it is automatic, if not you have to go on-line to get it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    I file taxes....interesting. Online? Where? Will I have to pay taxes on it?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    546

    Default

    They are saying it is not taxable income.
    But who knows what they have up their sleeve?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan88 View Post
    They are saying it is not taxable income.
    But who knows what they have up their sleeve?
    Only God knows! But, I hesitate to inquire, because they may be up to something! Exactly!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Question: Did you all get your $600 stimulus check? My wife got a spending card in the mail, but I have not received anything. I waited patiently, but....nothing. Am I being discriminated against? Oh dear, what shall I do? I'd sure like to stimulate the economy!
    I got my 600 the first week of Jan., it was direct deposited. Now just waiting for that 1200 one to get signed and then sent out, be nice I need to buy a new office chair, the sone is about had it. lol Last year when the first check was sent I went in and got the IRS web site and put my information there including my back info as I have not filed federal taxes for some 15 years as being on SS I don't make enough to even file even state income tax. Cool

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Question: Did you all get your $600 stimulus check? My wife got a spending card in the mail, but I have not received anything. I waited patiently, but....nothing. Am I being discriminated against? Oh dear, what shall I do? I'd sure like to stimulate the economy!
    Wife and I got ours and went to Reno. No, not to gamble! Finally made the leap from lead-acid batteries to Lithium/Iron/Phosphate for our solar. Did a will call order, picked up in Sparks, NV.
    1Jn 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Good for you! And for the economy! I still think it strange that since my wife and I file jointly, she would get it and not me. Maybe they think I'm dead? Where, "online" do I need to inquire if I decide to do so?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lapland, TN
    Posts
    13,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmatic View Post
    Question: .... Am I being discriminated against?
    Perhaps you're being spared D.

    There is no amount of money that is going to facilitate any economical recovery that is truly of any benefit to wee peepses as a society.

    I don't know where it is wee're headed but wee're pickin up speed ....

    O.W.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    teh intarweb
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Perhaps you're being spared D.

    There is no amount of money that is going to facilitate any economical recovery that is truly of any benefit to wee peepses as a society.

    I don't know where it is wee're headed but wee're pickin up speed ....

    O.W.
    You always pick up speed when you’re headed downhill....
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

    George Orwell



    Police dog 1, bad guy nothin':

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •