Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonial Pipeline taken down by cyber attack

I have read and heard many reports on the pipeline shutdown.
    Some are in conflict.
    Does anyone have an original source?
    I can not find verification if the cyber attack was a ransomware attack DIRECTLY on the
    PLCs that operate the pipeline or if the pipeline was shut down as a precautionary measure
    after the cyber attack on its administrative computer system.

I have some experience with PLCs when I worked at BNSF.
    The BNSF has its own communication systems through microwave and fiber.
    It has its own IT division with oversite on anything that comes into the computer system.
    At times it was a real effort to get access permission to a vendors website to get material.
    If the pipeline company does not have the same level of oversite, it is their own fault.
    The Railroad can not risk ANY cyber attack interrupting train movement.
    The same should be for fuel flow through its pipelines.

I am highly suspicious of who and for what reason the pipeline was shut down.
    That pipeline does not carry ALL the fuel to the East Coast.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Regular's $2.89 here in the Ocean State. No shortages yet but my brother in VA's getting spanked pretty hard with price spike(s) and shortages. I was in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and the price of gas was already almost $5 a gallon.

Prepper Hint: I topped off my vehicles but I also topped off my lawn mower, snow blower, gas cans, etc. to have just a little extra if/when needed.

ETA: If we begin to see refineries going off-line you'll know it wasn't the mongoloid Russians causing it. It seems as if this is related to the Green New Deal in order to force a somnolent, uncooperative citizenry to comply.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Jennifer Granholm Has The Dumbest Explanation For Gas Prices Going Up…

It’s not a shortage, it’s a crunch. Oh that makes me feel better!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Governor DeSantis of Florida declares state of emergency.

Dominoes falling?
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    I have read and heard many reports on the pipeline shutdown.
    Some are in conflict.
    Does anyone have an original source?
    I can not find verification if the cyber attack was a ransomware attack DIRECTLY on the
    PLCs that operate the pipeline or if the pipeline was shut down as a precautionary measure
    after the cyber attack on its administrative computer system.

I have some experience with PLCs when I worked at BNSF.
    The BNSF has its own communication systems through microwave and fiber.
    It has its own IT division with oversite on anything that comes into the computer system.
    At times it was a real effort to get access permission to a vendors website to get material.
    If the pipeline company does not have the same level of oversite, it is their own fault.
    The Railroad can not risk ANY cyber attack interrupting train movement.
    The same should be for fuel flow through its pipelines.

I am highly suspicious of who and for what reason the pipeline was shut down.
    That pipeline does not carry ALL the fuel to the East Coast.
    my sil in n.w. Ga. claims that at the few gs's open, gas is over $3 a gal for reg! she's limiting the number of miles driven as is her hubby, prepand pray, the end has arrived.

Colonial needs to consult with Dominion to make their stuff unhackable (extreme sarc)
    "The one who says he stays in Him is indebted to walk, even as He walked." 1Jn 2:6

Without Torah, His walk is impossible - it's Rome's walk without Torah.